Who's the smartest MMA fighter

Rich franklin....dude was a teacher before fighting

Could be chuck.. ..he was suppose to be an accountant
Both of them are pretty dumb.

Kenny Florian is a linguist and speaks three languages. Ryan Hall is clearly pretty intelligent. There have always been a few guys around MMA that seemed like pretty fluid thinkers.

In all seriousness, my pick is McGregor and Khabib.

You need to be smart to understand the fight business the way McGregor did. His rise was something magical and it was all calculated.

Khabib is a smart a person and a good indicator of that is his capacity to learn new languages. I think he can speak 5 or 6 languages if I’m not mistaken. I also remember hearing something about him being very educated.
Khabib knowing several languages is more a result of where he's lived, being in a country with diverse ethnic groups often mingling together. Where I'm from people often are forced to be well - versed in 2 or 3 languages, with a few local dialects thrown in for good measure.
I'm pretty sure Khabib's smart, of course.

What about Jon Jones? Not academically but fight IQ + ability to avoid USADA hounding on him for years for him specifically?
Mmmmm, pretty sure Jones going on a tirade about how racist A & F is for labeling their black jeans "negro" (in New Mexico!!!) should dissuade you from thinking him smart or anything.

# 2 on the list I posted earlier in this thread actually is a dentist.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...iniest-mma-fighters-outside-the-cage.amp.html
Angelito Manguray may be a better lover than a fighter. Or at least a better healer.​

Now in his 40s, he's dropped three straight while fighting in and around his native Philippines. But at least he doesn't have to worry about getting a tooth knocked out, as he's a practicing dentist in his spare time.​

Apparently Manguary trains early in the morning and evening, and sees patients on a regular 9-5 schedule.​
Dafuq, haven't heard of this guy and he's a paisano

There are different types of smart.

Conor is by far the most business smart. He made the most out of MMA and UFC, got himself the Mayweather fight at much better terms than Ngannou's boxing deals, created and sold the Proper 12 brand... Even without MMA he would most likely became a high level executive in some business.

Franklin, Carwin (a long time engineer), and even Monson (has a Masters degree) are book smart.

GSP, Jones and Khabib have made great gameplans without taking too many risks.

There are different types of smart.

Conor is by far the most business smart. He made the most out of MMA and UFC, got himself the Mayweather fight at much better terms than Ngannou's boxing deals, created and sold the Proper 12 brand... Even without MMA he would most likely became a high level executive in some business.

Franklin, Carwin (a long time engineer), and even Monson (has a Masters degree) are book smart.

GSP, Jones and Khabib have made great gameplans without taking too many risks.
Weidman also has a masters in Psych

Dumber than all sherdoggers, who would outdebate and outalgebra them and then outlift and outfight them.

Zabit. I think he is smart in many different ways.

JBJ, GSP, & DJ are the most cerebral fighters I’ve seen.

They do what Maywheather excelled at which is finding what you’re good at and taking it away from you.

Book smarts there’s a bunch of fighters with degrees in STEM or business fields.

Nick Denis has a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and retired early to save his brain from further abuse.

Currently it’s got to be Big Bo the dime Nickal

Back