Fuji BJJ Gi Review

I just picked up a white A2 from BudoVideos for $69. Not a bad deal. I'm 5'9 150-155 and the A2 fits great. Actually, the sleeves are a tad long. I was really torn between the A2 or A3 and shrinking it. If anything it feels too big. I'm surprised.

Feels very good quality compared to the much more expensive ones they had hanging in the store.

Hey guys, I'm debating on getting the Fuji.. I'm like in the middle of the size charts.. I'm like 5'5-5'6 and 135-140 pounds... I like a more tapered fit so I was thinking A1 and to never put it in the dryer. What do you guys think?

gonna pick up one this weekend, i'm 5'6 and i weigh around 148. the problem is that for NAGA i'm gonna cut down to 130 so what size should i buy?

cool i bought a ouano the other day but iam prob gonna get a fuji .

i got a ouano a3 cuz on here a guy whos like 6'4 190 bought a a4 and he was swimming in it so i just hope the a3 ouano fits i cant see why it wouldnt they say its limited shrinkinge

How's the fit on the A3 Ouano for you? We're about the same size, and I was worried too that an A4 would be too big after reading they were really baggy and didn't shrink much.

I'm also thinking of getting a Fuji, in A4 though after reading up on the sizing posts in this thread.

I dig my Fuji, I live in Arizona where it gets hot as hell and even when training hard and sweating like mad, the gi stays light and I stay relatively cool. I really like the way it fits and is very durable so far. I got mine from Budovideos. Kodokangear was my worst online shopping experience EVER! I'm 6', 180 and A3 is a great fit.

Alright, I'm about 5'10" and weigh around 205-210 but I'm really stocky. Short legs, short arms, legs/ass are super big, think Tyson Griffin. I have a gameness A3 right now and after washing it and drying it a lot when I first got it, I realied I shrunk it way too tight and the jacket's almost unwearable but the pants are fine. Ideally, it sounds like I'd want an A4 jacket and A3 pants but that's probably not possible. I think I'm going to go to the Budovideos store in Garden Grove later this week, anyone know if they allow you to buy different size pants than the jacket? And if not, you think I could shrink an A4 down and then just keep shrinking the pants after I'm content with the jacket? Thanks.

I want a blue gi since white gets dirty fast, but is this disrespectful in bjj to wear a colored gi for a white belt? or does it depend on the instructor?

I wore a blue gi when I was a white belt, shouldn't be an issue unless you train at an extremely uptight/weird gym.

Bump for question on the size I should get.

is this the best value in a grappling gi out there? or is there something else?

Im looking for a nice and durable gi sub 100.\

and what does the weave mean? how many rows of stitching?

is this the best value in a grappling gi out there? or is there something else?

Im looking for a nice and durable gi sub 100.\

HCK and Gameness single are just as cheap and have also gotten good reviews. All are good choices, HCK has a baggier cut than the other two.

HCK also is a lot heavier in my opinion. I have a fuji single weave and a Atama gold weave and the fuji honestly has the best fit ive ever felt in a Gi

never been a fan of HCK, its more like a judo gi. just buy a gameness if you want a cheap good gi.

Alright, I'm about 5'10" and weigh around 205-210 but I'm really stocky. Short legs, short arms, legs/ass are super big, think Tyson Griffin. I have a gameness A3 right now and after washing it and drying it a lot when I first got it, I realied I shrunk it way too tight and the jacket's almost unwearable but the pants are fine. Ideally, it sounds like I'd want an A4 jacket and A3 pants but that's probably not possible. I think I'm going to go to the Budovideos store in Garden Grove later this week, anyone know if they allow you to buy different size pants than the jacket? And if not, you think I could shrink an A4 down and then just keep shrinking the pants after I'm content with the jacket? Thanks.

The Fuji is a very slim cut. I say go for A4 and take your chances with the pants.

HCK also is a lot heavier in my opinion. I have a fuji single weave and a Atama gold weave and the fuji honestly has the best fit ive ever felt in a Gi

Yeah, no doubt. I've heard the HCK comp single is as heavy as some double weaves from other brands.

It's also closer to a Judo cut, as mentioned above, but for guys who are a little stocky (or just plain fat), that might be a good thing if you're looking for something you can move in more freely.

Hey guys i weigh 137 sometimes 135 and im 5 foot 5

do you think i shud get an a1 or an a2

my atama is a a2 and is really baggy even after washing and drying.
so im not sure how this one dries or shrinks but im thinking a1

help?

Back