Weight Log for 0 carbs

TheMilligan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After tons of research and borwsing this forum Ive coem to realize that the zero carb diet is taboo around here. However I cant seem to drop any weight eating healthy. My ultimate goal is restrict my carbs to 0 to see if that will help me shed the weight. Then after i get down to a healtheir weight kick up my excersize and go back to the healthy eating plan. Any thoughts?

My Current Stats:

6'1" 279lbs.

Day 1 is tomorrow.

There is an official log section in the S&P forum which will be easier to keep track off. Im interested to see how this turns out... the diet fascinates me. Let us know your results, how you feel, etc.

Do you mean no carbs as in no vegetables? Because that sounds like a bad idea. I'm not sure if you're talking about an actual "diet" or you're just cutting out carbs on your own judgment.

See Im the last person to talk to because my vegetable intake is completely laughable

Do you mean no carbs as in no vegetables? Because that sounds like a bad idea. I'm not sure if you're talking about an actual "diet" or you're just cutting out carbs on your own judgment.

It is a diet in the sense of I am changing my eating to fit this mold. I am cutting out 99% of carbs. I will still be eating some greens not nearly enough as i should be or as i will when i hit my goal weight.

As far as moods and such right now Im what I consider normal. Ill post in a day or two if i feel more energized or run down.

I mean, it's still possible to go really low carb and still eat vegetables. Have you thought about giving the anabolic diet a try?

Why don't you just do paleo man...you can even cut out the fruits if you want, then it's essentially 0 carb except for the veggies. There is no possible way vegetables can slow weight loss, in fact many of them require more calories to digest than they provide. Plus they keep you healthy and running smoothly, which is essential for staying on this diet.

For now im gonna stick with the zero carbs. A family member used it and lost a good amount of weight. These other diet plans may be better for me in the long run but Im that idiot looking for quick results.

At my weight it hard for me to do basic excersizes that i used to rock at. My cardio sucks and my strength has bottomed out. So i am hoping that dropping a quick 10-20lbs will help that.

Hey guys,

After tons of research and borwsing this forum Ive coem to realize that the zero carb diet is taboo around here. However I cant seem to drop any weight eating healthy. My ultimate goal is restrict my carbs to 0 to see if that will help me shed the weight. Then after i get down to a healtheir weight kick up my excersize and go back to the healthy eating plan. Any thoughts?

My Current Stats:

6'1" 279lbs.

Day 1 is tomorrow.

This is a horrible idea. You will only be able to eat meat and eggs...no dairy, no plant products.

That is simply unhealthy. Never mind the long-term health consequences. You are going to have horrible digestive issues within a week. Your diet will not have fiber...

Oh, please tell me you're not going on a "Meat and ****mucil" diet?

There are a lot of healthy carb-restricted diets out there, resolving to eat 0 carbs is downright reckless.

This is a horrible idea. You will only be able to eat meat and eggs...no dairy, no plant products.

That is simply unhealthy. Never mind the long-term health consequences. You are going to have horrible digestive issues within a week. Your diet will not have fiber...

Oh, please tell me you're not going on a "Meat and ****mucil" diet?

There are a lot of healthy carb-restricted diets out there, resolving to eat 0 carbs is downright reckless.

Im looking into very low carb salads and vegies. But As I stated before this is not going to be a long term diet for me. Once i get down a to a reasonable weight for me Im switching to a balanced diet and all around be smarter with my body.

By the way thank you all for your input this will help me in the long run having these resources to fall back on after this experiment is over with.

Why don't you just do paleo man...you can even cut out the fruits if you want, then it's essentially 0 carb except for the veggies. There is no possible way vegetables can slow weight loss, in fact many of them require more calories to digest than they provide. Plus they keep you healthy and running smoothly, which is essential for staying on this diet.

I agree with Rowan. Most overs have said similar also, veggies are important bu you could restrict all other carbs.

Im looking into very low carb salads and vegies. But As I stated before this is not going to be a long term diet for me. Once i get down a to a reasonable weight for me Im switching to a balanced diet and all around be smarter with my body.

By the way thank you all for your input this will help me in the long run having these resources to fall back on after this experiment is over with.

I don't think you understand how extreme low carb diets "work"...a guy your size can easily drop 20lbs in a couple of weeks. The vast majority of that will be water weight. You will regain that weight as soon as start to eat a "balanced diet."

I mean, if all you care about is seeing some lower numbers on the scale, why don't you add some sauna time, and limit your water intake. I promise, your "weight" will decrease quickly. Sound unhealthy? Sure is, but you will weigh less. That's all that matters, right?

Like I said, there are lots of good low-carb diets out there that place more of a priority on health and lifestyle change than "just make the number on the scale smaller." There's nothing wrong with carbohydrate restriction. IMO, it's essential in any diet, and that goes double for weight loss diets.

But I get the impression that you're willing to sacrifice your health for a false sense of progress. That bothers me. I guess I'm just a caring person :D

But it's your body, do what you want.

I think paleo would be a good idea for you. Restrict your carbs to just veggies and fruits and cut out the grains. 0 carbs is just not worth it.

I think the point has been made, but seriously...just make sure you eat some broccoli and/or spinach every day, and take a vitamin. As long as you do that, you won't be in truly dangerous territory.

Let's not forget that there are going to be trace carbs in a lot of the foods you'll consume on this diet. Not a significant amount, but still a few here and there

Do you honestly think that eating about 20-30g of carbs through vegetables every day is going to be a major factor in preventing weight loss?

i appreciate all of the replies and I must say Ive realized 0 carb is not what i truely want to do. I just want a very low carb atkins style diet.

Carb restriction is a very effective weight loss strategy. Carb elimination is dangerous and counter-productive.

It seems you might be using sound dietary principles as a rationalisation to give in to the temptation to crash-diet. Whatever you lose you'll just pile straight back on again, and you'll likely have nothing to show for it but kidney damage and several weeks of discomfort and misery. Don't get entrenched in thinking there's a quick fix to weight management. It's not a problem you can simply blitz.

Have you tried careful calorie and nutrient tracking with a program like FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal? Honestly it all comes down to calories in < calories out. If your body is some kind of exception to the laws of thermodynamics, then scientists need to dissect you for the good of all humanity.

Back