Weight Log for 0 carbs

I can tell you hands down. I have had cleints say that can't put on weght, but magically with proper diet they do, and vice versa. I don't eat a ton of carbs nor do my clients, but your appraoch is lacking in some key elements.

I never said I had a proper diet. I have tried to eat healthy but I platuea at certain weights. I am tryign this diet which is a low carb diet now not a no carb diet to loss down to where I want to be or jump start teh weight loss as I have put numerous times in this thread.

Which elements am I lacking or do you agree with someone else on here? Im just trying to get as much info as possible while im doing this.

Thank you

I never said I had a proper diet. I have tried to eat healthy but I platuea at certain weights. I am tryign this diet which is a low carb diet now not a no carb diet to loss down to where I want to be or jump start teh weight loss as I have put numerous times in this thread.

Which elements am I lacking or do you agree with someone else on here? Im just trying to get as much info as possible while im doing this.

Thank you

You need to say what you think is a "healthy" diet. Start by writing down what you ate yesterday and today, or on average. Write down your goals and how you want to achieve them. Then, people can give you specific feedback.

right now im stickign with the low carb diet its working very well, ive dropped 10+ lbs in about a week. Before you say it yes I know most of it is water weight.

Once im done Ill be eating healtheir like oatmeal, greens, lean meats, plus i plan on getting a gym membership (gyms around here suck) and there is also a karate dojo opening up.

for those of you who care, an update:

Im not down to 250lbs. My energy level has increased and there have been no "side effects" like headaches, mood changes, constipation, etc.

right now im stickign with the low carb diet its working very well, ive dropped 10+ lbs in about a week. Before you say it yes I know most of it is water weight.

Once im done Ill be eating healtheir like oatmeal, greens, lean meats, plus i plan on getting a gym membership (gyms around here suck) and there is also a karate dojo opening up.

For those of you who care, an update:

Im not down to 250lbs. My energy level has increased and there have been no "side effects" like headaches, mood changes, constipation, etc. [/QUOTE

Do you know what weight you are at now?, Are you any nearer to getting a gym membership or joining a martial arts club?.

Make sure you do join somewhere and don't get comfortable in the progress you have made just with the diet. Well done so far.

I went through a transition period where I dropped over 75lbs of fat in about 10 weeks (it was over a 2-month vacation I had).

This was what my life looked like for those two months (near seclusion, only phone contact so people knew I was still alive lol...):

The Vacation Transformation Plan:

- 6-8 200 cal meals a day (eating every 2 hours)
- One heavy full-body weight-training session every day from a misc full-body weight-training routine on bb.com. If I was sore, I would avoid those groups until soreness went away.
- from when I woke up until I went to bed, I would do 20-30 hard minutes of cardio before each of the 6-8 meals to try to amp my ****bolism to full throttle 24/7. Usually this was hitting the heavy bag or bike, and when I got under 200 I transitioned to more sprinting / running up stairs / bleachers since knee damage wasn't as much of a risk.
- My supplements were multi-v and fish oil.
- My food was mainly the paleo diet sans fruit. The only time I had fruit was in a low-carb PWO shake (usually blended the shake powder with water, strawberries or blackberries, and a banana after the weight training). The only time I really had carbs was in that PWO shake (the fruit) and about 30 minutes after that a protein/green veg meal (which was mainly a piece of meat and an assload of broccoli, cabbage, bruss sprouts, spinach, romaine lettuce).
- I pre-packed my measured food every night after the first week because I realized making food and measuring the cals on the fly was wasting too much time. Get tupperware containers or bags.
- I drank so much water that I could've probably emptied sea-world.

My life was nothing more than working out, reading books, listening to the mp3 player. I even tried to avoid the computer because by time I settled down to relax on it, my watch would be beeping and it would be time to move.

Needless to say, I dropped the weight before the 2 months was over (started at 260, was at 185 when it was over), but at the end of it I was hitting a hard plateau because my diet plan nor my exercise plan wasn't changing. The only time I would go ZERO carb is if you hit a plateau, and then you can go like 1 week of a 60%fat 40% protein diet to kick your system out of the rut, and back to something more healthy. That worked for me.

I went through a transition period where I dropped over 75lbs of fat in about 10 weeks (it was over a 2-month vacation I had).

This was what my life looked like for those two months (near seclusion, only phone contact so people knew I was still alive lol...):

- One heavy full-body weight-training session every day from a misc full-body weight-training routine on bb.com. If I was sore, I would avoid those groups until soreness went away.
- from when I woke up until I went to bed, I would do 20-30 hard minutes of cardio before each of the 6-8 meals to try to amp my ****bolism to full throttle 24/7. Usually this was hitting the heavy bag or bike, and when I got under 200 I transitioned to more sprinting / running up stairs / bleachers since knee damage wasn't as much of a risk.
- My food was mainly the paleo diet sans fruit. The only time I had fruit was in a low-carb PWO shake (usually blended the shake powder with water, strawberries or blackberries, and a banana after the weight training). The only time I really had carbs was in that PWO shake (the fruit) and about 30 minutes after that a protein/green veg meal (which was mainly a piece of meat and an assload of broccoli, cabbage, bruss sprouts, spinach, romaine lettuce).
- I pre-packed my measured food every night after the first week because I realized making food and measuring the cals on the fly was wasting too much time. Get tupperware containers or bags.

My life was nothing more than working out, reading books, listening to the mp3 player. I even tried to avoid the computer because by time I settled down to relax on it, my watch would be beeping and it would be time to move.

Needless to say, I dropped the weight before the 2 months was over (started at 260, was at 185 when it was over), but at the end of it I was hitting a hard plateau because my diet plan nor my exercise plan wasn't changing. The only time I would go ZERO carb is if you hit a plateau, and then you can go like 1 week of a 60%fat 40% protein diet to kick your system out of the rut, and back to something more healthy. That worked for me.

:eek:

You must have ridiculous stretch marks. One of my friends lost less weight than that, in more time, and has some permanent lines/scars on his back.

For those of you who care, an update:

Im not down to 250lbs. My energy level has increased and there have been no "side effects" like headaches, mood changes, constipation, etc. [/QUOTE

Do you know what weight you are at now?, Are you any nearer to getting a gym membership or joining a martial arts club?.

Make sure you do join somewhere and don't get comfortable in the progress you have made just with the diet. Well done so far.

Sorry I had a typo I am NOW at 250 is what i meant to write. I started going to the gym this week too. My work schedule allows me to do one day on one day off as far as the gym goes.

Im calling BS on you even being alive. 260 to 185 in 2 months is scary dangerous

You must have ridiculous stretch marks. One of my friends lost less weight than that, in more time, and has some permanent lines/scars on his back.

stretch marks come from gaining weight fast, not losing it.

more likely the stretch marks just showed up more.

stretch marks come from gaining weight fast, not losing it.

more likely the stretch marks just showed up more.

myth actually. stretch marks can show up for just about any reason under the sun. i got them both when i lost a lot of weight, and then when i gained it back and more they got worse.

cocoa butter + shea butter + vitamin e (all these in a cream, either seperate or together)+ vitamin c (chewable tablets) + ZMA + lots of water have helped me out a ton though.

myth actually. stretch marks can show up for just about any reason under the sun. i got them both when i lost a lot of weight, and then when i gained it back and more they got worse.

cocoa butter + shea butter + vitamin e (all these in a cream, either seperate or together)+ vitamin c (chewable tablets) + ZMA + lots of water have helped me out a ton though.

interesting, i didn't know that...I still don't understand how that works, but i guess you're right.

interesting, i didn't know that...I still don't understand how that works, but i guess you're right.

Yeah I think "stretch marks" is a misnomer, it has more to do with the skin having to rapidly adjust one way or the other.

Be sure to post again when you've gained the weight back.

I may sound like a dick but you sound exactly like my dad. I love him, but when it comes to diet and excercise he's as fucktarded as you. You have an eating disorder and are ignorant about diet and excercise. If you don't address the real issues you will end up right back where you started no matter how much weight you lose on a ridiculously stupid diet plan.

Go read the FAQs and all of their links until you've memorized them.

And I just have to say, do you realize that being completely sedentary even, you have to consume at least 5,000 calories a day to maintain your weight? Do you realize how much healthy food that is?

Obviously you have not read all of my posts.

Thanks for the support.

Ass.

Hey man, I know you just started this, but in case you dont know, you wont loss much weight in fat until you get ketosis going. Basically, by depriving yous body of carbs for two weeks, you are training you body to get its carbs from your fat. After taht process kicks in, you'll start incorporating more carbs and drop weight. I am on a similar diet right now!

More info here:
http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html

And you dont realy need the strips for this since you could just do it for a couple of weeks to jumpstart the process in your body.

Obviously you have not read all of my posts.

Thanks for the support.

Ass.

No, I saw all your posts. It's possible someone who's been overweight and has kept it off for years might know more than you isn't it?

Zomg!!!1 ... If you use this diet you won't be able to eat a punch bowl full of raw broccoli everyday!!!eleven

Back