• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Berardi Vegetarian?

Here's a constructive response: While it is theoretically possible to meet one's protein requirements with vegetables and grains (if you follow the BS out-of-whack "daily required values" set by the FDA), it's not nearly as much fun or as tasty. Nor is it practical for the majority of the population, especially those who are athletically inclined, whether to MMA, boxing, strongman, powerlifting, baseball, football, w/e. Other than as an experiment, which I'm guessin' is what JB is doin' it for, there's no reason to become a vegetarian unless you have the misguided belief that eating animals is wrong, which is your prerogative. Yes, people in this country need to eat more fruits and vegetables, but goin' without meat is not the best way to do this.

That's your opinion.

Yes, meat is tasty, but so are a lot of other foods. And I don't find the diet impractical at all. If I were to switch back to an omnivore diet, I think I would still keep pretty much the same diet and food staples I'm eating now.

I wonder if he will stick to being veg after it's over. Some kind of dementia seems to affect people after they try this for a month and makes them forget how good and healthy meat is for you.

bigpot6.jpg

In an already great thread, this is tops. I actually Lol'd.

So wait, im confused, so is berardi actually pro-vegetarian now?

Is this the same john berardi who supported the use of prohormones?

I wonder if he will stick to being veg after it's over. Some kind of dementia seems to affect people after they try this for a month and makes them forget how good and healthy meat is for you.

Only if pre-sales of PN3 jump really high

I understand his reasoning and everything for doing it...still...I died a little bit today...

lets wait and se what his verdict is. he might think it awfull and that he would die in 6 month keeping it up. then you all have material to answer the vegans and vegetarians here for years to come.

on the other hand, moaahahaha...

I think it somewhat obvious that he's not going to alienate any group in the course of this "self study". The conclusion he'll come to will ring something like "yeah, you can do it with vegetarianism, too, if you stick to the key principals outlined in this $book$"

I love Berardi as much as the next guy (pro homo), but you gotta know that this is just a proof of concept, and where there's a proof of concept...

I think it somewhat obvious that he's not going to alienate any group in the course of this "self study". The conclusion he'll come to will ring something like "yeah, you can do it with vegetarianism, too, if you stick to the key principals outlined in this $book$"

I love Berardi as much as the next guy (pro homo), but you gotta know that this is just a proof of concept, and where there's a proof of concept...

I agree with all of this. Pretty neat concept actually. People 'going vegetarian' catches people's attention, but going vegetarian while gaining muscle? That really catches their attention.

Pretty neat what he's doing here to be honest. I'd never be interested in doing it, probably ever. But it is cool to read about. I wish him luck.

I am interested in this too, I dont plan on going vegetarian but gaining muscle without eating meat just boggles my mind, especially when its a pretty good amount in a short amount of time.

Also, i remember watching ESPN a while ago and watching a story on Milwaukee Brewers baseball star Prince Fielder who claimed to be vegetarian(maybe vegan i dont remember) and stated that it didnt hamper his playing or training abilities at all. Not to mention he is a big boy for only munching on veggies.

I don't understand why you carnivores get so worked up. What if JB shows good gains and is actually impressed with his veggie diet? Then do us vegetarians/vegans get an apology? Or are we really gonna have to settle this in the Octagon!?@?@?@?@?

I don't understand why you carnivores get so worked up. What if JB shows good gains and is actually impressed with his veggie diet? Then do us vegetarians/vegans get an apology?

Sure, and just to show there's no hard feelings I'll even treat you to a nice big steak dinner.

I don't understand why you carnivores get so worked up. What if JB shows good gains and is actually impressed with his veggie diet? Then do us vegetarians/vegans get an apology? Or are we really gonna have to settle this in the Octagon!?@?@?@?@?

lol! Maybe...but what if he doesnt??? :icon_chee

Either way though ... whats the point even if he does make gains on this diet? I think we all know that you can make gains on this kind of eating as long as you do it smart and lift right, right?

This will be a very interesting experiment. I couldn't even imagine not eating meat for 1 week, let alone 30 days. :D

Damn it I quoted something on the first page, on the 8th page...... Go meat!

#3, although valid, I would blame on a misguided vegetarian somewhere who influenced the person's palate.

Eh, I've seen little kids who don't like meat. And you can't force people to like something. Not even with:

"If yah don't eat yer meat, yah can't have any pudding!! How can yah have aneh pudding if yah don't eat yer meat!?!?"

Back