• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ronda Rousey: "If GSP Wasn't Good-Looking & Canadian He Would Be Unknown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think she will have to wait long. I think he stops Diaz.

if any person was ugly, no one would care about them and most likely unknown.

GSP would still be a UFC champion if he was ugly. Miss rousey...?

Rhonda is officially an honorary Sherdog Pirhana.

War Rowdy & War Diaz.

If GSP was ugly everyone would still know him. And if GSP was American he'd be even MORE popular from the American fans. Rousey is very ignorant to think CDNs are more nationalistic than Americans. Yeah, 30 million as opposed to 300 million nationalistic/patriotic people. Every time I drive down to MI I see US flags everywhere.

If Ronda was ugly she'd not be in the UFC at all. Sex sells for women WAY MORE than men.

GSP also used to be an "ugly kid" in his youth. He said he had really bad acne, wacko hair. Nerdy and not popular. But look where he's gotten. That's not because of his looks or his background its because of hard work and sacrifice.

And for the point fighting? Tell that to the screwdriver hole in Condit's head spilling a litre of blood back in November.

i see no real differences between are two countries (besides the obvious laws and certain slang) but besides that we are basically just north Americans.

This is basically it; a lot of my very best friends over the past twenty years have been Americans and I've spent almost all my vacation time there with them. I came very close to marrying a girl from New York.

There are things that are better about Canada, and there are things that are better about the United States, but people are people.

really? i have been to Toronto and basically felt like home to me. (my gf's family lives there)

Well we have our obvious similarities, same language, same TV, same songs on the radio, same news on the television, same lifestyle...but different values, and ideas...maybe only more noticeable in the slightly more extream...i dont know, i think its perfectly obvious...>_< maybe youre more 'at home' everywhere then i am... ;)

GSP would still be a UFC champion if he was ugly. Miss rousey...?

Probably not because they have never supported WMMA, and Rousey appears to be popular enough to make that happen.

I hate just about everything she says because she has the composure of a twelve year old, but she sure can fight, and at the end of the day that's all I really care about concerning her.

Her criticism of why GSP is where he is today is better reserved for herself and Gina Carano. If Ronda and Gina wasn't fap material to basement dwelling virgins would they be where they are now? If Gina wasn't fap material and instead looked like Megumi Fuji, Sarah Kaufman or Cyborg would she almost 4 years after catching a beatdown and then leaving the sport still be considered the "face of women's mma" and pioneer of the sport and the most popular WMMA fighter ever? If Ronda wasn't fap material and instead looked like Megumi Fuji, Sarah Kaufman or Cyborg would she with a total of 6 pro fights be considered the new "face of women's mma" and be headlining a UFC ppv ahead of legends like Hendo?

Maybe somebody should ask her?

Well we have our obvious similarities, same language, same TV, same songs on the radio, same news on the television, same lifestyle...but different values, and ideas...maybe only more noticeable in the slightly more extream...i dont know, i think its perfectly obvious...>_< maybe youre more 'at home' everywhere then i am... ;)

Well, to be fair, Montreal considers Toronto to be a part of the United States anyways.

:eek:

Just teasing

:cool:

She is getting more retarded by the minute. Everything she says is just complete and utter garbage.

haha maybe, well if you guys do then you are keeping it a secret from me >.>. but what i found funny is that her family is more like the typical american household then mine is :p like they watch baseball and NASCAR all the time, it was really freaky.

There are cities in the US that are less than half white (Chicago: 45%), so while his numbers aren't exactly right, his point still stands. Montreal and Toronto are the most ethnically diverse cities in Canada and they don't come close to that.

It was irrelevant and he only posted it to troll Canadians (look at some of his posts in this thread, he's just looking to piss off Canadians and pick a fight) but the point isn't wrong.

Except there are other underlying factors that can significantly and independently add to the variance other than race (i.e. SES, etc). Therefore looking at race alone would be misleading.

Plus my point was that there is no need to come on here with a holier than thou attitude and throw out numbers as if they are factual when they are not. Plus, here are some numbers from Toronto:

-Half of Toronto's population (1,237,720) was born outside of Canada, up from 48 per cent in 1996.
-47 per cent of Toronto's population (1,162,635 people) reported themselves as being part of a visible minority, up from 42.8 per cent (1,051,125) in 2001.
-
South Asian at 298,372 or 12.0 per cent of our population;
Chinese at 283,075 or 11.4 per cent;
Black at 208,555 or 8.4 per cent;
Filipino at 102,555 or 4.1 per cent;
Latin American at 64,860 or 2.6 per cent.

Source: http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_facts/diversity.htm

Yet despite this large group of minorities the crime rate is much lower than various cities in the US.

the difference is culture. not a better or worse culture, but simply a different one.

Sure along the border there is more bleed, because of similar media centers and news relevencies.

But ive lived in Toronto all my life, and traveled the States and Canada a lot and all over, and its very very different worlds...

What are the differences in our cultures? I don't see any as a nation.

I have been all around the USA, and lived all over British Columbia and Alberta, and as a country, the culture is nearly identical. I would feel more at home visiting Washington or Northern California than I would visiting Toronto as an example.

Sure, the US have many different cultures within itself, but so does Canada. A person from the West Coast is going to feel like they are seeing a whole other culture visiting the South, but the basics are all the same.

Same language, mostly same slang, same bus system, same grocery system, same churches, same stores, same tv shows, same road/driving system etc. A person living in America would generally find no major culture shock moving to Canada, and same if it was flipped.

As someone from Toronto, you would obviously feel more at home in New York than you would in Nunavut. The UK would be a foreign land for both of our citizens as well.

The only major differences I see are:
Gun Laws
Health Care System

If you aren't comfortable around guns, there are plenty of states where you would feel at home. Gun laws differ from state to state. In the South, yes, you might see someone shopping in Wal-Mart with their pistol, but there are many states where you are unlikely to ever even see a gun in your life outside of police/military/hunting, just like in Canada.

Except When GSP first burst onto the MMA scene he was Wrecking people. People watched him because he was extremely exciting and technical. He was so passionate about his fights. For example how he begged on his knees for a title shot after he defeated Sean Sherk. There was so much passion. Since he lost to Matt Serra, the passion has been replaced by rationality. He fights smart and doesn't take any huge risks anymore.

Rousey is doing too much of this stuff. I get why she does it, it gives her a lot of media attention, but if she never shuts the fuck up, it's going to end up becoming white noise and the attention will slow more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back