Ronda Rousey: "If GSP Wasn't Good-Looking & Canadian He Would Be Unknown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And people say WMMA won't gather any interest.

*Looks at number of views and posts for the thread*

A woman just got a lot of people talking, and this is before she has even fought on the UFC stage. Can't wait to see how big the response will be then.

A good way to get into peoples minds is to talk some stuff about someone with a large fan (and hater) base.

Trolls operate in the same manner, and it works.

I don't know if she did it on purpose, but it's going to help sell tickets i'm sure.

A woman just got a lot of people talking, and this is before she has even fought on the UFC stage. Can't wait to see how big the response will be then.
If this was pre-planned it was pretty brilliant. Insulting a popular fighter will get people talking about you, but saying something that's blatantly hypocritical will have every internet pseudo-intellectual frothing to call you out on it.

There are no potential opponents for her that are worth calling out, though. Without the payoff of an eventual fight I don't think riling up the fans of other fighters will have any lasting effect on your visibility.

It has nothing to do with WMMA, and everything to do with someone criticizing one of the best fighters who has ever fought in the octagon. The fact she's a mixed martial artist is why she has this platform, but she's not actually getting this attention because she can fight (which she can). I strongly suspect the attention she gets criticizing GSP is much more than she will get actually fighting.

I don't really like her or any of the things she says, but I do like watching her fight, and hope WMMA gathers steam.

she's fine as wine, indeed, but the rise was inevitable - with 5 straight first round finishes! success has a tendency to propel one to the top. success is kind of defined that way!

I'm certain she hadn't enjoy half the attention if she was ugly and shy, just saying...

She's a dickhead for saying such a thing. GSP has done the business for years and years, she's been around for what, 5 minutes? She should shut her mouth and concentrate on winning fights.

And by the way, GSP's success has nothing to do with his looks, more hard fucking work.

Well her whole objective is to make MMA fans hate her. Her skillset and accomplishments aren't diverse enough to get people to love her and she knows that. I call it the "Chael Sonnen complex." She needs publicity and she's not a staple in MMA. Put those two together and you get Ronda Rousey.

skid row aint even bad

idk what ur complaining about

yeah its a terrible neighborhood but you could walk through there 24/7 no problem. its basically 3 square blocks of zombies on welfare, but theyre kind of harmless

with that record and undisputed UFC champion ? unknown ?

even I am not that ugly

It has nothing to do with WMMA, and everything to do with someone criticizing one of the best fighters who has ever fought in the octagon. The fact she's a mixed martial artist is why she has this platform, but she's not actually getting this attention because she can fight (which she can). I strongly suspect the attention she gets criticizing GSP is much more than she will get actually fighting.

I don't really like her or any of the things she says, but I do like watching her fight, and hope WMMA gathers steam.

Aaahhhh, the voice of reason.

There is hope yet for Sherdog...

No one will give two shits about RR in 3-5 years...I'm tempted to even say 2 years, but she could potentially prolong her 15 minutes with an injury.......so 2 years might be a bit optimistic

mark my words

The threads in which Chael criticizes Georges don't get nearly as big as this.

And this isn't the first we've had a thread in which Ronda criticizes Georges and we get a huge number of posts.

For some reason, Georges fans get really defensive when a woman criticizes him.

I can understand Anderson more clearly when he is speaking english than GSP anyday. GSP should avoid speaking english because his accent makes it sound horrendous... imo. Anderson not speaking english is just an act, sometimes I'm surprised how little Anderson is called out for his trolling but I think it's because it is subtle and goes over most dim witted fans heads.

As for Ronda, call me not a fan of the sport, but, I have never even seen a single Ronda Rousey fight, and she will lose soon anyway destroying any hype that she carries.

Wow juste wow !!!
So you basically can't understand any french person who talk english ?
Ever heard Sarkozy speak english ? Or freaking Jean Chr

No one will give two shits about RR in 3-5 years...I'm tempted to even say 2 years, but she could potentially prolong her 15 minutes with an injury.......so 2 years might be a bit optimistic

mark my words
Lol

Well, .... In 3-5 years, Rousey will be in UFC hall of fame and widely accepted as GOAT with unique accomplishment of NEVER Being defeated in MMA. On top of that she will be a multimillionaire.

Rousey once stated that fight between her and Cyborg could potentially be the BIGGEST SELLING MMA FIGHT OF ALL TIME (man or woman). Judging by length of this thread, she could be on to something. Can you imagine how many people would be willing to PAY to see "Cyborg smash her face"?

(Can you imagine the reaction of all those Haters, if Rousey armbarred Cyborg - in first round?? lol!)

People just think if they defend him, they are defacto his friend..... lol, can you imagine?

The threads in which Chael criticizes Georges don't get nearly as big as this.

And this isn't the first we've had a thread in which Ronda criticizes Georges and we get a huge number of posts.

For some reason, Georges fans get really defensive when a woman criticizes him.

GSP fan here. I am MAD BRO! Kidding. I could care less. I actually think Rousey is a little cool, at times, if not then she's usually douchie a bit.

But she wants attention, and you don't get attention by being positive and nice on the internet (unless you're on reddit), you get a lot of attention by being a negative loser, and it's sad that people succumb to something like that.

The funny thing is that the face of the UFC, or the most beloved champ -- GSP doesn't even acknowledge WMMA. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back