Ronda Rousey: "If GSP Wasn't Good-Looking & Canadian He Would Be Unknown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what she was not impressed with his fight with Condit.. She was not impressed how he came off 18 months layoff with an ACL tear and fought through adversity in that fight.. Talk to us Ronda when you have actually been on top for a while and been in an actual tough fight.. The UFC is going to hand you as many easy W's as possible for a while..

Oh, the irony.

She's a dickhead for saying such a thing. GSP has done the business for years and years, she's been around for what, 5 minutes? She should shut her mouth and concentrate on winning fights.

And by the way, GSP's success has nothing to do with his looks, more hard fucking work.

i get that ronda is trying to get attention but she's certainly not trying to look so stupid

regardless of nationality and appearance GSP is the most dominant WW champ in the history of MMA. GSP has been champ of his division (total length of time) longer than anybody in the history of the ufc

if he was american he would be even more popular. if he didnt have a french accent he would be more marketable

rondas comments werent just some insult, they were incredibly stupid. as a canadian exposed to american media and culture all the time i wonder how common is it for some dummy to sound off with some incredibly stupid ideas when the camera is off?

even ronda admitted she would have never been given the meisha title shot with out her looks. if ronda was ugly she would still be on the strikeforce undercard and likely would have retired by now or she'd be working a regular job while still trying to climb the rankings

us good looking people should stick together and appreciate our fortune

If Ronda wasn`t from the USA and uglier, there wouldn`t be any females in the UFC.. If she keeps her mouth shut and be more respectful, she may have a chance at some big sponsors.
She is the face of womens mma and really not doing anything positive to help it out. IMO, there will be a max of 5 female fights in the UFC before they pull the plug on it.
Instead of criticizing GSP, she should be at least learning from him to be an ambassador for the sport

If Ronda wasn't pretty and a chick, she'd be unknown.

/thread

xlarge.jpg

Sorry Ronda, GSP doesn't have the luxury of fighting weak opponents who can't a one attack arsenal.

draw in canada simply because of their nationalist view on everything. She makes a valid point that he is boring and no can deny he's not a point fighter

i can tell you haven't watched gsp since the beggining. he has had many classic fights and rivarlies, that is why he is loved.

If Ronda still looked like she did at 17 she wouldn't even be asked her opinions...

If Ronda still looked like she did at 17 she wouldn't even be asked her opinions...

And no matter what, you're a pointless part of this situation. Meanwhile, she'd still be a medalist, undefeated, female champion. Weird, right?

draw in canada simply because of their nationalist view on everything. She makes a valid point that he is boring and no can deny he's not a point fighter

You can not be boring and be popular in sports, i don't care who it is..

Attempting to state GSP being boring as a fact and also say he is only popular because Canadians are loyal to their own is just childish..

i can tell you haven't watched gsp since the beggining. he has had many classic fights and rivarlies, that is why he is loved.

I have watched every gsp fight in the ufc.....when was the last time he finished someone?

You can not be boring and be popular in sports, i don't care who it is..

Attempting to state GSP being boring as a fact and also say he is only popular because Canadians are loyal to their own is just childish..

but its the truth......gsp is huuuuge in canada

had no idea GSP was even considered a good looking guy...all i know is he easily beats all the best WWs in the world in the most prestigious MMA promotion...pretty sure thats the main reason hes so well known...

And no matter what, you're a pointless part of this situation. Meanwhile, she'd still be a medalist, undefeated, female champion. Weird, right?

And GSP is still a champ, good looking and Canadian.

weirder right?

Boring is subjective, and judging off his PPV draw, I'd say the majority of people don't find him boring. Just the slack-jawed "JUST BLEED" bros from shitdog and similar sites call him boring. GSP isn't just a draw in Canada, he's the UFC's biggest PPV draw. That's a fact.

but its the truth......gsp is huuuuge in canada

No. He really isn't. Only to MMA fans. Average person who doesn't follow MMA has no clue who he is.

Hockey is "HUUUUUUGE" in Canada. GSP, is not.

Boring is subjective, and judging off his PPV draw, I'd say the majority of people don't find him boring. Just the slack-jawed "JUST BLEED" bros from shitdog and similar sites call him boring. GSP isn't just a draw in Canada, he's the UFC's biggest PPV draw. That's a fact.

dude sold millions of dollars worth of tickets in Vegas and in US PPV's. Rousey has defeated some chick on showtime in a venue that looked like closing time at the titty bar

Not really. Outside of hockey (which most Canadians are insufferable and really quite ignorant about), we really don't have that much national pride. Us Canadians don't even really have a clear identity, I find. Only the Quebecois and some maritimers seem to have a unified sense of culture (I'm speaking as an Albertan). Still, GSP being a huge star is a by-product of nationalism in some senses. MMA really is big in Canada when compared on a per capita basis with the United States, I'd say (though, statisical data is scant to support this).

I spend a lot of time in Ontario and my observations differ from yours. Canadians are much more nationalistic then they are generally credited with. Heck, I've been overseas (in Asia and Africa) with Canadians several times and everywhere we'd go they'd hand out little Canadian flag lapel pins as souvenirs. I thought it was pretty cool, but it makes it hard to say they aren't nationalistic.

A great deal of Canadian national pride and consciousness (at least in Eastern Canada) seems to relate to not being Americans.

No. He really isn't. Only to MMA fans. Average person has no clue who he is.

Hockey is "HUUUUUUGE" in Canada. GSP, is not.

In my opinion as a Canadian GSP is bigger here than MMA itself. I know tons of people who I could say MMA and they would have no idea what I meant. GSP and UFC they recognize though. In the last 3 years or so GSP has started appearing everywhere. He still isn't a superstar and is nowhere near hockey or any hockey stars but in my opinion he's worked himself more into public consciousness than the sport he participates in. You can't get much bigger than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back