Ronda Rousey: "If GSP Wasn't Good-Looking & Canadian He Would Be Unknown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry I'm sure she will change her tune when someone like Cyborg ko's her. Ronda is great on the ground but has terrible stand up, it's gonna happen eventually.

dana_white_19.jpg

She's mean and she's nasty!

Except there are other underlying factors that can significantly and independently add to the variance other than race (i.e. SES, etc). Therefore looking at race alone would be misleading.

Plus my point was that there is no need to come on here with a holier than thou attitude and throw out numbers as if they are factual when they are not. Plus, here are some numbers from Toronto:

-Half of Toronto's population (1,237,720) was born outside of Canada, up from 48 per cent in 1996.
-47 per cent of Toronto's population (1,162,635 people) reported themselves as being part of a visible minority, up from 42.8 per cent (1,051,125) in 2001.
-
South Asian at 298,372 or 12.0 per cent of our population;
Chinese at 283,075 or 11.4 per cent;
Black at 208,555 or 8.4 per cent;
Filipino at 102,555 or 4.1 per cent;
Latin American at 64,860 or 2.6 per cent.

Source: http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_facts/diversity.htm

Yet despite this large group of minorities the crime rate is much lower than various cities in the US.

I don't know about all of that, I'm no groundhog expert.

I'm pretty surprised about the ethnic breakdown of Toronto, though. It's more diverse than I would have thought.

And half of the population is from out of the country? That sounds impossible, definitely unsustainable.

Her nose is so far up Nick's a$$ that she does not have a clue what she is saying.

I look forward to Cyborg crushing this one trick pony into non existence.

There are cities in the US that are less than half white (Chicago: 45%), so while his numbers aren't exactly right, his point still stands. Montreal and Toronto are the most ethnically diverse cities in Canada and they don't come close to that.

It was irrelevant and he only posted it to troll Canadians (look at some of his posts in this thread, he's just looking to piss off Canadians and pick a fight) but the point isn't wrong.

I'd say Vancouver is more diverse than Montreal, though I haven't looked it up. And incidentally, Toronto is almost 50% (I think it's 49%) foreign born. Now granted, some of them are still white, but that's pretty mixed. And that's not even considering 2nd or 3rd generation, obviously.

Some people equate a black/white mix as the only indicator of diversity. I'm not saying you're insinuating this, but obviously Toronto 'comes close to' Chicago, based on cold numbers. There aren't as many black people due to obvious historical factors, but the two countries' immigration policies have been very different for quite some time.

*edit OK the eye beat me to it.

Her nose is so far up Nick's a$$ that she does not have a clue what she is saying.

I look forward to Cyborg crushing this one trick pony into non existence.

I look forward to Cyborg blasting her to the canvas and for GSP to do the same to Diaz.

To add to what she says GSP also comes off as a really nice guy. People love him because he's GSP. His fights are only part of why they like him.

But he's also beaten everyone he's ever faced so he would be the champ either way.

Oh yeah... If GSP wasn't Canadian and "good looking" I'm sure he wouldn't be the UFC welter-weight champion. With multiple successful title defenses. So of course, no one would know who he is.

That's some classic blonde logic right there.

If gsp was ugly, not Canadian, and wasn't a word class champion - he wouldn't be unknown... He would be Jon Fitch.

Cant wait till Cyborg demolishes this loud mouth.

If Ronda wasn't pretty and a chick, she'd be unknown.

/thread

This thread is based on Ronda addressing what you just said with a valid point. You should read the OP.

I'd say Vancouver is more diverse than Montreal, though I haven't looked it up. And incidentally, Toronto is almost 50% (I think it's 49%) foreign born. Now granted, some of them are still white, but that's pretty mixed. And that's not even considering 2nd or 3rd generation, obviously.

Some people equate a black/white mix as the only indicator of diversity. I'm not saying you're insinuating this, but obviously Toronto 'comes close to' Chicago, based on cold numbers. There aren't as many black people due to obvious historical factors, but the two countries' immigration policies have been very different for quite some time.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, the only reason we're even discussing diversity is because that guy claimed it's the root of gun violence, because that other guy said Canada was less safe than the US and I objected, citing gun violence as the obvious proof he was wrong.

I did a quick search of some statistics regarding diversity and it seemed that part of his argument was correct, so I mentioned it.

Discussions on internet forums take weird turns.

Anyways, Rousey says some crazy stuff, so here we are, talking about everything except her.

haha maybe, well if you guys do then you are keeping it a secret from me >.>. but what i found funny is that her family is more like the typical american household then mine is :p like they watch baseball and NASCAR all the time, it was really freaky.

Don't worry man, I know exactly what you mean. I recently visited my American friend for a month staying in Kentucky & Tennessee, and honestly, I think we are all the exact same except for very minor differences. When Canadians act like the USA is so different, I just get confused, because I don't understand it.

Tennessee and Kentucky are gettin pretty "southern", and I just put in a Carhart jacket and was right at home. I got my hair cut down there, and the girl just moved to Tennessee from New York City, and SHE thought it was like a whole different world. The biggest "shock" to Canadians I think is stuff like Alcohol being sold in Wal-Mart. But hell, that is just convenience right there.

She's only really saying that GSP is boring. It's the same old tune but she worked in the Canadian/Looks thing to change it up. She's only saying the same old shit we already know. But hey, she's never seen a second round so if she wants to call him out good on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back