Lloyd Irvin's students accused of brutal rape (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with folks publicly outing someone who is trying to remain anonymous. I have an even bigger problem if people use that personal information to essentially punish him for expressing an unpopular opinion. I'd like to think that won't happen, but I've seen folks from this forum take things way too far before.

He has every right to his opinion and to express it here, no matter how stupid it is.

He just took it too far by saying the following.

"Family is personal and between them, so some of it has come to public attention mainly IMO for attention. Keenan's dad is a grown adult parent, if he was that concerned he would have flown down and handled things like a real man / instead of using the internet to for his own personal gain because Lloyd is infringing on his own business."

No, he doesn't have any rights to express it here.

This is a private website, not a government recognized public forum with Free Speech rights.

Sorry....you're very "technicality" oriented all the time. I couldn't let this pass.

He he no right here. Neither do I. Neither do you.

He has no right to anonymity either. Sherdog can certainly grant him that, but it's not a right...it's a favor.

Fine. The mods of Sherdog have granted him the privelege of posting here, and he's allowed to post whatever he likes within the rules of the forum. Better?

You may not like his opinion, but that's no justification for people to fuck with this guy's personal life.

Fine. The mods of Sherdog have granted him the privelege of posting here, and he's allowed to post whatever he likes within the rules of the forum. Better?

You may not like his opinion, but that's no justification for people to fuck with this guy's personal life.

I've said nothing, in either direction, concerning people messing with his personal life. My intention was merely to give you a small dose of your own medicine for a change.

I don't like his opinion. I think it's not even close to an attempt at being rational. It's the worst sort of advocacy, something I hate about many colleagues in my profession and I call them out on it all the time.

He's a disingenuous shill and is also logically bankrupt.

But I'll not mess with his personal life. I'll keep things here.

Who's fucking with his personal life?

Dude got called out for bragging about his awesome 3%er journalism job when it's really some 97%er gig.

I have a problem with folks publicly outing someone who is trying to remain anonymous. I have an even bigger problem if people use that personal information to essentially punish him for expressing an unpopular opinion. I'd like to think that won't happen, but I've seen folks from this forum take things way too far before.

He has every right to his opinion and to express it here, no matter how stupid it is.

I agree with you. Its why I edited my post. And I didn't post his name - he made multiple references to his blog and how he gets paid to travel and take pictures about bjj so I asked if that was his blog.

I didn't know that blogs are supposed to be private...its seems that his blog used to be public but is now invitation only.

He shouldn't be villainized but I do think that he should post his relationship with Lloyd, whatever it is. If he is indeed getting financial support from Lloyd in some way then I think that is relevant information to this thread.

But like you said, I don't think people should start demonizing him and using personal info against him. I don't agree with posting his name and trying to ruin his name. I would much rather he just comes out and is honest with us himself.

I've said nothing, in either direction, concerning people messing with his personal life. My intention was merely to give you a small dose of your own medicine for a change.

Hate to break it to you, but I usually get dragged into those kinds of debates kicking & screaming.

I don't like his opinion. I think it's not even close to an attempt at being rational. It's the worst sort of advocacy, something I hate about many colleagues in my profession and I call them out on it all the time.

He's a disingenuous shill and is also logically bankrupt.

But I'll not mess with his personal life. I'll keep things here.

I don't like his opinion either. However I think there's a line that simply shouldn't be crossed. It disappoints the hell out of me that this even needed to be said.

now why wouldn't someone like the anonymous pathological contrarian known as KGB256 want his anonymous posts here to bounce back into his personal life? hmmm... I can't think of a single reason.

now why wouldn't someone like the anonymous pathological contrarian known as KGB256 want his anonymous posts here to bounce back into his personal life? hmmm... I can't think of a single reason.

I'm not anonymous at all. I'm very open about where I train and who I train under. I've even posted pictures of myself.

Aside from being completely wrong, you make an excellent point.

I don't think anyone here wants their anonymous posts to bounce into their personal lives. Not because we all have something to hide, but because it feels like an infringement on our personal space and we want to protect those around us from crazy internet stalkers as well.

I don't blame devnull for being upset. And no one should be posting his name or trying to find out personal details about him beyond his BJJ and financial affiliations with Lloyd.

I don't think anyone here wants their anonymous posts to bounce into their personal lives. Not because we all have something to hide, but because it feels like an infringement on our personal space and we want to protect those around us from crazy internet stalkers as well.

Bingo.

The openness we share so often (i.e. about where we train, our ranks, etc) is supposed to be part of sharing our love of the art, and positive interaction if we run into each other at a tournament, or decide to drop into a gym while travelling. It's not supposed to be a weapon to use against one another when we disagree.

Bottom line is if an honest debate on Sherdog were ever to result in someone contacting my home, my employer, or my dojo in a negative way it will be the last post I make on this or any other BJJ-related forum.

Talking about jiu-jitsu here is fun, but not a single one of you is worth my job, my ability to train, or the safety of my home and/or loved ones. Not even close.

I don't blame devnull for being upset. And no one should be posting his name or trying to find out personal details about him beyond his BJJ and financial affiliations with Lloyd.

Hey, I'm anonymous too. I am putting my real life money where my mouth is, but I reserve the right to be more of an asshole here than I normally do IRL... so I'm not against anonymity. I just thought irony of our house contrarian picking this as his next point to be contrarian about was funny.

I think the guy has an orgasm everytime someone responds to him as if his posts were serious, as if he were a real boy.

I can see the point about anonymity, however he did claim to have just 'wandered' on to this forum to look at some unrelated thread then spent the next 300 posts defending Irvin, so it was obvious they were connected, yet he kept denying it...

I'm sorry man, if you're going to play the impartial observer and act like we are all being unreasonable assholes then yes, your identity and thus relation to the person in question is relevant. Now we know he is in fact in bed with Irvin, we are supposed to give him a pass? Fuck that, the guy has been lying and trying to subvert the argument under false pretenses and we are in the wrong? Lordy.

Bottom line is if an honest debate on Sherdog were ever to result in someone contacting my home, my employer, or my dojo in a negative way it will be the last post I make on this or any other BJJ-related forum.

This should be your last post then. At the very least someone is going to bitch to your instructor eventually about something you write on here. It happens all the time.

I'm not kidding either.

I can see the point about anonymity, however he did claim to have just 'wandered' on to this forum to look at some unrelated thread then spent the next 300 posts defending Irvin, so it was obvious they were connected, yet he kept denying it...

I'm sorry man, if you're going to play the impartial observer and act like we are all being unreasonable assholes then yes, your identity and thus relation to the person in question is relevant. Now we know he is in fact in bed with Irvin, we are supposed to give him a pass? Fuck that, the guy has been lying and trying to subvert the argument under false pretenses and we are in the wrong? Lordy.

We don't know for a fact that he is involved with Lloyd. That is just conjecture up until now.

We don't know for a fact that he is involved with Lloyd. That is just conjecture up until now.

What we do know is he doesn't want his real name involved in apologizing for an admitted intended gang rapist of a minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back