Name a fighter that you don't like but respect

Ben Henderson.

I don't like his "praise jesus" antics or the cute little "That didn't hurt" look he will give opponents sometimes when he gets hit while flipping his hair. Just something about him that is annoying to me.

But he obviously works very hard and is very mentally strong.

As many others have said, Anderson Silva. The guy just rubs me the wrong way. Something seems so "fake" about his personality. That being said, there's no denying that he's an absolutely amazing fighter.

There's quite a few fighters I dislike for one reason or another, but I respect virtually everyone who steps into the ring/cage.

Too many to name, but Johnny bones is right up there.

Almost all champions Cain Velasquez, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Ben Henderson, Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz.

Jon Jones. A phenomenal fighter with an extremely effective skill-set who continues to put on dominating performances in a very tough division. That said, I cannot stand him as a person, but I don't know if we should separate fighters' character from how we view them as athletic competitors. I respect him as a fighter (I would think he's a betting favorite over everyone in LHW, even if he fought Anderson), but yes, I really wish LHW had someone else as champion (Machida, Gus, Glover, Hendo, Shogun, Mousasi).

I used to not like the Diazes, but I just accepted them as who they are, because unlike Jon Jones, they seem very consistent with what they claim to be. They are gritty brawlers, they fight like they're in a street fight, and that's how they project as people too.

Nick Diaz. He's a terrific fighter, but everything about his personality rubs me the wrong way.

I know this is a UFC thread, but for me it's Bob Sapp. There was a time when I'd say I respect any fighter, but if all Sapp does is pretty much walk in and tap, I don't have much respect for that. Any of us could do that and collect our paycheck.

The thread was about a fighter you don't like but respect.

Mir & Forrest off the top of my head. I respect all fighters though except for maybe Junie Browning.

The entire scrap pack + Ronda Rousey. I think they are talented fighters, but I find them embarrassing as people.

Back