UFC 158: Georges St-Pierre vs Nick Diaz PBP (Discussion)

Could you explain Georges' face? Set aside the shertard rhetorics for a minute and just acknowledge that the fight wasn't completely one sided.

Not sure if you noticed but GSP's face gets messed up very easily. Some people are like that.

Silva took a beat down against Sonnen and his face looked normal afterward. Life is unfair.

Do you honestly think a sub against Nick was a reasonable possibility? His GnP could have been more active, and he could have put more pressure on to try for a TKO, but there wasn't much hope of him getting a sub.

GSP never does anything aside from control position...ever he tried to stand and anytime Nick got a combo off GSP fought it too the ground and controlled.

I really dont understand how people can enjoy that kind of fight, is their love for GSP making them so blind that they call every other fighter on the planet boring, boo them but only cheer GSP for doing it?

No one has foughten more tough competition, or fighted hardest fights than NICK DIAZ.

You're an idiot. I've been a "fight" fan for a long time......I do NOT like the Greg Jackson era and style of play it safe gameplans ....Remember guys that used to actually fight, instead of trying to win a points contest? I guess you don't know about the true spirit of why MMA came about...and why Rorion got fed up with all the rules......go on feeling like a superior fan.....and fuck you.

I'm SO happy that you still have a good wireless connection so that you were able to send your message even while in transit in your waaaaaaaaambulance.

I think GSP is secretly seeking to obtain and maintain the UFC record for most amount of fighting time inside the octagon. What else would be stopping him from finishing a fight? because GSP could have easily got the RNC on Nick in any one of the five rounds but it is like he is not satasfied unless the entire 5 minutes of a round have elapsed.

bahahahahahahahahahahaha wasn't even competitive!!!! Diaz HAS to retire because even the people below title contention would beat his ass, the only way he got a title shot in the first place was by talking shit, and im glad its over. LOL at everyone who said Diaz was gonna take GSP out, he didn't do ANYTHING! before you bitch about take downs, go bitch at your boy diaz for not being able to stop them.

Farewell Diaz, I'd like to say it was a pleasure, but that would be a lie, the UFC will be a better place without you.

I actually am a fan of Diaz. Thought he'd have more to offer. Sad, really.

Could you explain Georges' face? Set aside the shertard rhetorics for a minute and just acknowledge that the fight wasn't completely one sided.

It was one sided by these garbage rules. Being on top doing nothing = win.

Ad hominem argument.

Please explain how that makes him any less of a trainer.

Well because typically training someone involves articulating things to them in an easy, comprehensible manner under stressful circumstances. "Get that bitch!" will only get a fighter so far

I'm actually amazed that people found that fight boring. Georges was very active and the jiu-jitsu game was great. Hell he even outperformed Diaz in the standup with the exception of that minute or two in the 3rd and a small bit of time in the 4th. That superman punch/jab was very effective.

Pretty sure about 95+% of the Sherdoggers in UFC Discussion forum don't know how to grapple. Unless you have some appreciation for BJJ/wrestling/etc as a player, it's really not a spectator sport. It's unfortunate, too, because IMO it seems that the rules are becoming increasingly geared toward turning MMA into kickboxing. But, hey, that's what sells... make it bleed.

GSP never does anything aside from control position...ever he tried to stand and anytime Nick got a combo off GSP fought it too the ground and controlled.

I really dont understand how people can enjoy that kind of fight, is their love for GSP making them so blind that they call every other fighter on the planet boring, boo them but only cheer GSP for doing it?

I see your point.

Now, please: tell us what aspects of Nick's game you thought worthy of praise tonight.

mrqm3r.gif

I'm SO happy that you still have a good wireless connection so that you were able to send your message even while in transit in your waaaaaaaaambulance.

Nice one, Joe Dirt.....:rolleyes:

I can't understand you with GSP's nuts between your lips.

GSP fought a smart fight and did a great job. Congrats to him. I hope Diaz comes back. I'll always be a Diaz fan!

It was one sided by these garbage rules. Being on top doing nothing = win.

Lets bring in Pride rules, and let GSP knee guys in the head on the ground.

GSP had this fight pretty much regardless of the rules. He just wins in a "boring" way under these rules.

I see your point.

Now, please: tell us what aspects of Nick's game you thought worthy of praise tonight.

Im a big Diaz fan, and honestly i thought he would have pressed the action more, but i think all the TDs and holding position got to him. He seemed way too worried about that after the 1st round.

He did however get a few good shots in at least, some i thought he could have turned into nice combos but unfortunately did not.

I think GSP is secretly seeking to obtain and maintain the UFC record for most amount of fighting time inside the octagon. What else would be stopping him from finishing a fight? because GSP could have easily got the RNC on Nick in any one of the five rounds but it is like he is not satasfied unless the entire 5 minutes of a round have elapsed.

it isn't easy stopping a guy like Nick..

Back