MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Full Trailer for Illumination Entertainment's DESPICABLE ME 2

Despicable-Me-2-0319-Dragonlord.jpg

A new trailer is now online for Despicable Me 2. The new trailer shows Gru (Steve Carell) being kidnapped by the “Anti-Villain League”, and being recruited in order to defeat a new super villain. Gru seems to have softened considerably since becoming the father of Margo, Agnes, and Edith. Unsurprisingly, the best jokes belong to the minions. The film also features the voices of Kristen Wiig, Al Pacino, Miranda Cosgrove and Russell Brand. Despicable Me 2 opens in 3D on July 3rd.

Synopsis: Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s worldwide blockbuster, Despicable Me, delighted audiences around the globe in 2010, grossing more than $540 million and becoming the 10th-biggest animated motion picture in U.S. history. In Summer 2013, get ready for more minion madness in Despicable Me 2. Chris Meledandri and his acclaimed filmmaking team create an all-new comedy animated adventure featuring the return of Gru (Steve Carell), the girls, the unpredictably hilarious minions…and a host of new and outrageously funny characters.

First Trailer for Universal and Illumination Entertainment's DESPICABLE ME 2

Hugh Jackman to Star in Harlan Coben Adaptation SIX YEARS

Hugh-Jackman-0318-Dragonlord.jpg

In his first move since landing an Oscar nomination for his lead turn in Les Miserables, Hugh Jackman is attached to star in a big-screen adaptation of Harlan Coben's upcoming novel Six Years. Paramount is developing the project. The studio was among at least four bidders including 20th Century Fox that were vying for the package, which does not yet have a screenwriter or director attached. Tom Rothman, the former Fox chief, is in negotiations to produce alongside Mark Gordon.

The novel centers on Jake Fisher, who watched the love of his life, Natalie, marry another man. Six years have passed when Jake comes across the other man's obituary. He resolves to attend the funeral, hoping to catch a glimpse of Natalie. But the mourning widow is not Natalie, throwing all of his past memories with the woman into question. Coben’s past five novels have debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list.

Hugh Jackman to Star in Harlan Coben Adaptation SIX YEARS for Paramount

Rob Thomas Plans VERONICA MARS Documentary, Comic-Con Visit

Veronica-Mars-Kristen-Bell-Dragonlord_zps8617ed51.jpg

Last Wednesday, veteran TV showrunner Rob Thomas launched a campaign to finance a movie version of his cult-hit TV show Veronica Mars on the crowd-funding site Kickstarter. Less than 12 hours into the drive, the project had reached its $2 million goal, and nearly a week later, it's still climbing, up to $3.6 million and counting, from over 56,000 donors. The cash will go toward producing a film from the Warner Bros.-owned property, which will shoot between mid-June and mid-July this summer. Thomas has been actively promoting and answering questions about the endeavor, and he doesn't plan on disappearing when the 30-day window of Kickstarter fundraising closes.

"We were built by fans, so we’ll try to do our best to keep the momentum going through that," he says, promising an open shoot with plenty of tweets and photos transmitted to the Internet. "We’re hoping to go to Comic-Con, maybe have some footage to show at Comic-Con. We have a documentary following the making of the movie."

"The movie is outlined, but frankly, I needed to know how we were doing to figure out how to model the script and how to write it. There are very specific things that are going to be affected by what our budget is," he says. For one, Thomas wants to be able to shoot in Southern California, where the series was originally set. That's more expensive than, say, Vancouver or Michigan, but the palm trees are worth it.

"There’s an altercation [at a high school reunion in the film], and how much money we raise affects whether that is having terse words exchanged or a full-on brawl," he adds. "One if we hit certain dollar amounts, and the less spectacular if we haven’t."

"I don’t think Veronica Mars is negatively affecting people that Kickstarter was built to serve, those people who are making $30-40,000 documentaries," Thomas defends. "I think what Veronica Mars has done is brought Kickstarter to the masses. More people are now familiar with Kickstarter, and more people are browsing Kickstarter for other projects, who now understand what it is and what it does than there were before we launched our campaign. I think we’re bringing more eyes to that site, so I think that has to be good for indie filmmakers."

Rob Thomas Plans a 'Veronica Mars' Behind-the-Scenes Documentary, Comic-Con Visit

Jon Chu Wants a Dolph Lundgren Cameo in HE-MAN Reboot

Jon-Chu-Masters-Universe-Reboot-Dragonlord.jpg

Last year, it was reported that director Jon M. Chu has signed on to helm a reboot of the Masters Of The Universe franchise for Sony. Richard Wenk (The Expendables 2) is working on the script. Additionally, Dolph Lundgren (who previously starred as He-Man in the 1987 live-action film) shared his interest in making some sort of appearance in the new movie. While promoting his new film G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Chu was asked if he would be up for a Lundgren cameo in his Masters of the Universe film:

"I don’t know if Dolph Lundgren is around or what he’s doing but, yeah, I think that could be some fun if we could find a way. I hope he still has the loin cloth and the long hair and everything."

No casting, production or release date info for Masters Of The Universe have been released yet. The story follows "a young prince who becomes a warrior and sets out to defeat the evil Skeletor and fulfill his destiny as He-Man."

Jon M. Chu Wants Dolph Lundgren for a Cameo in MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Reboot

Updates: March 19, 2013

Director Lynne Ramsay Abruptly Drops Out of JANE GOT A GUN

Lynne-Ramsay-1-Dragonlord.jpg

A rather unfortunate situation has arisen on the promising drama Jane Got a Gun. The Western drama has a Black List script by Brian Duffield and an outstanding cast that includes Natalie Portman, Joel Edgerton, and Jude Law, and production was set to begin yesterday with We Need to Talk About Kevin director Lynne Ramsay at the helm. However, Deadline reports that Ramsay has decided to announce her dropping out of the project by simply not showing up to set on what was to be the first day of filming.

Jane Got a Gun follows good girl Jane (Portman), who runs away from her outlaw husband (Law) and teams up with an old flame (Edgerton) to protect her family. A bit of drama took place last week, when Michael Fassbender was forced to drop out of the project due to filming on X-Men: Days of Future Past being pushed back and conflicting with his Jane dates. Fassbender was set to play the male lead role of Jane’s old flame while Edgerton was signed on to tackle the outlaw husband role, but Edgerton subsequently moved into the part that Fassbender vacated while Law signed on to play the villain.

Ramsay has a pay or play deal, which means that she gets paid her director fee whether the film actually gets made or not. Producer Scott Steindorff tells Deadline that he’s committed to keeping the project on track as “directors are flying in and a replacement is imminent.” The crew will continue to show up for work and production isn’t being halted just yet, with the actors simply rehearsing scenes in lieu of a director available to actually roll film. It’s worth noting that Portman is also a producer on the drama, so the actress has quite a bit invested in the production.

Director Lynne Ramsay Exits JANE GOT A GUN, No-Show for the First Day of Filming

Last edited:
Shailene Woodley Lands Lead in THE FAULT IN OUR STARS

shailene-woodley-the-fault-in-our-stars-slice.jpg

It's official: Shailene Woodley will be Hazel Grace in the feature film adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars. The movie rights to author John Green

That's a flattering picture of her , we know this is how she really looks

220px-Shailene_Woodley_2012.jpg

MONSTERS VS. ALIENS Director Rob Letterman to Helm GOOSEBUMPS

rob-letterman-goosebumps-slice.jpg

Sony Pictures has found a director for its feature film adaptation of the popular R.L. Stine books Goosebumps, as Deadline reports that Rob Letterman is in talks to take the helm of the film. For those unfamiliar, Stine has penned over 50 books under the Goosebumps moniker, all of which put a

could be good if they pick a good story

ANT-MAN Test Footage at Comic-Con Finally Leaked Online!

Ant-Man-Banner-Dragonlord-1.jpg

Last July, filmmaker Edgar Wright unveiled a test footage of Ant-Man at Comic-Con in San Diego. The footage was short and unfinished, but it was pretty damn exciting. Wright’s signature style and comedic tone was wholly intact, but the reel also teased some seriously inventive and cool action sequences that we could see in the full film. After 8 months of waiting, the video of the test footage has finally found its way online. See it now before it's taken down.

The footage opens with Ant-Man sitting on a ledge in an air conditioning vent that lead to a hallway guarded by two agents. The costume was pretty metallic looking, and he snuck through the vent hole and started running down the hallway. He morphed to normal size, shocking the guards, then morphed back down to ant size and kept running. Still in “ant size” he leapt up and punched one of the guys in the face, knocking the spit out of him, then he ran and attacked the other guard.

The footage was obviously rough, but the big/small effects still worked great. Wright found a way to make Ant-Man’s power work in a cool and useful way on screen, while still allowing room for the playful tone that he does so well. The actual Ant-Man movie is part of of Marvel's Phase 3 plans and is set to be released on November 6, 2015.

Last edited:
Alex Garland to Make Directorial Debut with Indie Sci-fi EX MACHINA

alex-garland-slice.jpg

Screenwriter Alex Garland is poised to make his directorial debut with an indie robot thriller. THR reports that the writer behind 28 Days Later

MGM Plans to Release the Next Bond Movie Within 3 Years

Skyfall-9-Dragonlord-2.jpg

Fifty years later, the Bond franchise is astoundingly stronger than ever, as Skyfall joined the $1 billion worldwide club in December. MGM understandably wants to jump back into the series sooner than later. On a conference call with investors, MGM CEO Gary Barber promised:

“We are currently developing the screenplay and working with our partners. We look forward to developing the script soon and signing a director. We are hoping within the next 3 years it will be released.” [Reuters]

Skyfall director Sam Mendes will not return, but Barber says they “look forward to announcing a director soon.” Mendes hatched a story idea with John Logan before he left, and Logan will stay on to write Bond 24. Daniel Craig is signed for at least two more films, so the immediate future of the Bond series is bright.

MGM Studio Plans to Release the Next James Bond Movie Within 3 Years

Antman doesnt look terrible... shocked, in all honesty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back