MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer for STUCK IN LOVE Starring Greg Kinnear, Kristen Bell

Stuck-in-Love-Dragonlord.jpg

The first trailer has been released for director Josh Boone

Update: March 20, 2013

Gavin O’Connor Replaces Lynne Ramsay on JANE GOT A GUN

70w3k9.jpg

Yesterday, it was reported the surprising news that director Lynne Ramsey (We Need to Talk about Kevin) didn’t show up on the first day of shooting on her new movie, Jane Got a Gun. The film follows a woman (Natalie Portman) whose outlaw husband (Jude Law) returns home riddled with bullets. Convinced his gang will return to finish him off and destroy her farm, the woman turns to an ex-lover (Joel Edgerton) she hasn’t seen in a decade to help her defend the farm. The reports on Ramsey’s departure make it sound like she simply chose not to show up without any word to anyone.

In the meantime, the show must go on, and after a scramble to find a new director, Gavin O’Connor (Warrior) has stepped in according to Deadline. In terms of style, you couldn’t get further apart than O’Connor and Ramsey, but O’Connor has a respectable resume, and his latest project, FX’s The Americans, has been a success. Jane Got a Gun has a great premise and cast, so it's good that the film hasn’t fallen apart, but the behind-the-scenes story may end up being even better.

WARRIOR Director Gavin O’Connor Set to Replace Lynne Ramsay on JANE GOT A GUN

Last edited:
Jude Law Drops Out of JANE GOT A GUN Due to Lynne Ramsay

I fucking love Edgar Wright! Even though this is the end of the trilogy, I hope that Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost still make movies together.

This is going to be amazing. The end of three amazing movies saddens me but so far Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are some of the most re watchable movies out there. Very high expectations for The Worlds End but I don't think I'll be disappointed in the least with these three guys at the helm.

Janes got a gun looks like a clusterfuck

Michael Angarano Joins Jason Staham in HEAT Remake

Michael-Angarano-Dragonlord.jpg

Michael Angarano, who soon stars opposite Juno Temple in The Brass Teapot, has signed on for Simon West's Heat, Deadline reports. Also set to star Jason Statham and Sofia Vergara, the film is a remake of the 1987 feature film that starred Burt Reynolds. Heat is being written by two-time Oscar winner William Goldman, who also wrote the original screenplay of the 1987 version, based on his own novel.

The action-thriller tells the story of a tough recovering gambling addict (Statham) who makes his living providing protection in the rough edges of the gambling world. Statham's character refuses to resort to gunplay, strictly using hand and edged weapon combat. When a dear friend is brutally beaten by a high-rolling mobster, he helps her get her revenge and he ends up in more trouble than he ever imagined.

Michael Angarano Joins Jason Staham and Sofia Vergara in Simon West's HEAT Remake

New Details Emerge for Shane Carruth’s Sci-Fi Epic A TOPIARY

shane-carruth-slice.jpg

Writer/director Shane Carruth is one of the more enigmatic filmmakers working today. After bursting onto the scene with his cerebral Sundance hit Primer in 2004, Carruth seemingly disappeared. He finally emerged late last year by announcing that he had completed production on his Primer follow-up, Upstream Color, and that film was set to debut at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.

In the interim between the release of Primer and Upstream Color, rumors started to surface about an ambitious sci-fi project that Carruth was working on called A Topiary. The filmmaker spent years developing the wildly ambitious pic but had trouble gaining financing, and he has seemingly given up getting the project off the ground altogether. However, in a recent profile on Carruth, some highly intriguing plot details regarding A Topiary have been revealed.

"It’s a tale told in two parts: The opening section follows a city worker who becomes obsessed with a recurring starburst pattern he sees hidden everywhere around him, even in traffic grids. He eventually joins with other believers, forming a kaffeeklatsch-cult that’s soon undone by greed and hubris."

"The second half follows a group of 10 preteen boys who discover a strange machine that produces small funnels, which in turn can be used to build increasingly agile robotlike creatures. As their creations grow in power and size, the kids’ friendships begin to splinter and they’re forced to confront another group of creature-builders. The movie ends with a massive last-minute reveal, set deep in the cosmos, suggesting that everything we’ve just seen was directed by forces outside the characters’ control."

Carruth worked on the script for years, even using a 3D computer program to design the creatures himself and visiting VFX houses to learn how he could do all of the film’s visual effects himself. He gave his first draft of the script to director Steven Soderbergh, and the filmmaker agreed to serve as executive producer on the pic alongside David Fincher, another fan of Carruth’s. However, when Carruth began meeting with studios and investors to raise the $20 million budget needed to get A Topiary off the ground, Carruth ran into some frustratingly ambivalent opposition:

“Nobody ever said no,” Carruth says. “It was always enthusiasm and amazement and ‘We can’t wait for this!’ Meanwhile, no money’s sitting in the account.” He kept lowering the budget, getting it down to about $14 million, but even that couldn’t secure an investor. “If this were the ’70s, people would be throwing money at him,” Soderbergh says. “It’s just a different time now.”

Worried he’d be forever stuck in a loop of endless meetings and fruitless go-aheads, he walked away. “I decided that if nobody was gonna say no, I was gonna have to say no,” he says. “It sort of just broke my heart.”

New Details for Shane Carruth’s A TOPIARY; Fincher and Soderbergh Were Producers

Kiefer Sutherland to Play the Villain in Disaster Epic POMPEII

kiefer.jpg

Kiefer Sutherland is in final negotiations to star as the villain in Pompeii, the 3D Roman disaster movie being directed by Resident Evil maestro Paul W.S. Anderson. Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington is starring in the movie, which began shooting in Toronto last week. Constantin Film is financing and producing the big-budget title.

The movie is set in 79 A.D. in the days before the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, one of history’s great disasters. Harington is playing a slave stuck on a ship who must race against time to save his true love, his master’s daughter, as well as his best friend, a gladiator trapped in the coliseum when the destruction begins.

Jared Harris is playing Harington’s master, a wealthy merchant, while Emily Browning is his daughter. Sutherland will play a Roman senator who enslaved Harington’s village. The scheming senator forces the merchant to give his daughter’s hand in marriage to him.

Kiefer Sutherland to Play Villain in Paul W.S. Anderson's Disaster Movie 'Pompeii'

Vera Farmiga Joins Robert Downey Jr. in Thriller THE JUDGE

Vera-Farmiga-Dragonlord.jpg

Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air), coming off of a great debut with Bates Motel, has been cast opposite Robert Downey Jr. in The Judge. Dave Dobkin (The Change-Up) is set to direct, with Robert Duvall and Vincent D’Onofrio rounding out the cast. Via THR, The Judge has set Downey to star as a successful attorney who comes home for his mother’s funeral, only to find out that his father (Duvall), the local judge, is the prime murder suspect. He starts to investigate the crime, growing closer to his estranged family in the process.

Farmiga will play a waitress in the town, who has a past with Downey’s attorney character. Farmiga has been on the tipping point of becoming a rock solid leading actress since her great turn in Up in the Air, so hopefully this can help her push through to the next level. She does her best work with a good cast and simple premises, so I think this move could really work in her favor.

Vera Farmiga Joins Robert Downey Jr. in Dave Dobkin's Thriller THE JUDGE

Chris O'Dowd Has a Brief Scene in THOR: THE DARK WORLD

Chris-ODowd-Thor-Dragonlord.jpg

Somehow slipping past media outlets when the Marvel sequel was in its casting stage last year, Thor: The Dark World will apparently include a scene with Bridesmaids star Chris O'Dowd. The Irish actor first alluded to the role back in November, on Twitter, but O'Dowd now tells Indiewire:

“I think I’ll do more dramatic stuff and I think I have some stuff coming out that’s a bit more dramatic. I don’t know if I’d do an action movie because I don’t know if I could keep a straight face honestly, I just think it’s so silly. Like I love watching them but I can’t imagine me doing one. Actually, you know what I’ve done, just for fun because I didn’t think there was any way that I could be in a superhero movie, so I’ve done a scene in the new 'Thor' movie, just for that. I just do like one scene, which was fun.”

Although O'Dowd failed to reveal details about his character, he did tweet back in November that he filmed a date scene with actress Natalie Portman, who's reprising her Jane Foster role in Thor: The Dark World. Therefore, it's possible O'Dowd will play Donald Blake, Thor's human alias in the comics, but the name of Jane Foster's ex-boyfriend in the first Thor film.

Chris O'Dowd Has a Scene in THOR: THE DARK WORLD; Could Be Playing Donald Blake

David Lowery to Pen PETE’S DRAGON Reimagining for Disney

david-lowery-petes-dragon-slice.jpg

Fresh off the successful Sundance debut of his heady, introspective drama Ain’t Them Bodies Saints, filmmaker David Lowery is taking a rather unexpected gig for his next project. Deadline reports that Lowery has been tapped to write the script for Disney’s new iteration of Pete’s Dragon alongside his writing partner Toby Halbrooks. The scribe will be reinventing the core story of Disney’s 1977 live-action/animated musical film that centered on a young orphan named Pete who moves into a small fishing community with his sometimes-invisible dragon. At this time, it appears that Lowery will only be writing the film and won’t be directing.

This new version of Pete’s Dragon will not be a musical and, if Ain’t Them Bodies Saints is any indication, could be quite dramatic. Lowery previously worked as an editor before recently making the jump to director, and I’m interested to see what his take on Pete’s Dragon looks like. This is only the latest in a number of reimaginings that Disney is currently developing, including a new iteration of Cinderella, the villain pic Maleficent, and the recently announced live-action Beauty and the Beast.

AIN’T THEM BODIES SAINTS Director David Lowery to Pen PETE’S DRAGON Reimagining

Last edited:
3 New Images from Nicolas Winding Refn's ONLY GOD FORGIVES

New images have been released for Nicolas Winding Refn‘s upcoming drama, Only God Forgives. Ryan Gosling stars a man who’s been living in exile in Bangkok for the past ten years after killing a cop. He manages a Thai boxing club as a front for a drugs operation and finds himself in hot water after his brother is killed for murdering a prostitute. The boys’ mother (Kristin Scott Thomas) arrives in Bangkok to collect her son’s body and instructs Gosling to take revenge and “raise hell.” These new images also give us good look at Thomas and co-star Vithaya Pansringarm, who plays the film’s antagonist, Chang (a.k.a. “The Angel of Vengeance”)

Allocine is reporting that a trailer should arrive in a couple weeks, so we’ll definitely be on the lookout for it. Only God Forgives is reportedly set to open on May 23rd, and expected to play at the Cannes Film Festival.

Only-God-Forgives-0320a-Dragonlord.jpg

Only-God-Forgives-0320b-Dragonlord.jpg

Only-God-Forgives-0320c-Dragonlord.jpeg

For more information, photos and the first clip, go to: ONLY GOD FORGIVES Official Thread

you just cant do a heat remake. mother fucker.

ANT-MAN Test Footage at Comic-Con Finally Leaked Online!

Ant-Man-Banner-Dragonlord-1.jpg

Last July, filmmaker Edgar Wright unveiled a test footage of Ant-Man at Comic-Con in San Diego. The footage was short and unfinished, but it was pretty damn exciting. Wright

Rufus Sewell Joins Dwayne Johnson in HERCULES

Rufus-Sewell-Hercules-Dragonlord.jpg

Deadline reports that Rufus Sewell (Dark City, A Knight's Tale) will join Dwayne Johnson in Brett Ratner

Kristen Wiig to Reteam With Will Ferrell in WELCOME TO ME

Kristen-Wiig-Will-Ferrell-Dragonlord.jpg

Kristen Wiig is in talks to reteam with her Anchorman 2 cohorts Will Ferrell and Adam McKay on the indie comedy Welcome to Me. The actress, who is shooting the McKay-helmed Anchorman: The Legend Continues opposite Ferrell, is eyeing the lead in the film that will be directed by McKay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back