Mayweather vs Canelo and Mathysse vs Garcia fight night thread

That fight was nothing to gloat about, I'm sorry. I wasn't too impressed with either fighter. Nothing of note happened during the fight. Forgot how much Floyd runs from time to time. I feel sorry for those who spend $65 on this, real talk.

Real talk? Why do tools like you feel the need to use that phrase? Are all of your other posts no "real talk"?

Alvarez is def. legit and Floyd really ousted him.. i think a lot of people are going to continue to buy floyd ppvs in hopes to see him lose.. like many of us did.. Canelo just overcommits and follows through too much on missed punches for someone as technical as floyd.. i thought he had a good chance to hurt him but it just never happened

there is no ends to the corruption in our society . A draw ... really. I am still rustled by this

Canelo is a fool. All he had to do was make the fight close and he would won the decision. Oscar prepared everything for him and left town in case people would cry murder. But even the judges couldnt go through with it as the gap was too big

I'm sure it's been asked, but when you fight at a catch weight, are any belts on the line? I'm guessing I'll find out at the end of the fight..

Junior middlweight championship fight.

152 is still JMW.

is CJ ross at least hot?

cjross_zps45c24cd8.jpg

Canelo didn't fare any better than Baldomir did against Mayweather. Mayweather swept him. Spectacular performance.

Even giving Canelo a 5% chance was vastly overrating him. He showed up with very little no offer. Looked stiff as a board, slow, and no ideas. That was a sparring session for Floyd, not even a hard one.

I've watched a few mayweather fights, haven't really followed boxing but i know the dudes reputation. Does he do as well coming forward as he does counter punching?
He's at his best at the center of the ring. He likes to control distance at all times and will evade if you get aggressive and then reset. Jose Luis Castillo rarely let him reset.

Fight was nowhere near close.. Floyd put on another masterful performance. God damn. Not like it was ever going to be any other way, but what a great fighter. It's crazy how fast he is at this age, after fighting for so long at a high level.

What was sad for Canelo was Floyds punches were hurting him more than he was hurting Floyd. The few times he landed, it didnt bother floyd at all. Must be mentally hard to chase a guy for ages and when you finally land, he just walks them through

I scored it 119-109. When I heard the draw I was like here we go again.

Back