Man Lives on Raw Meat for 5+ Years

It's hilarious when raw foodists claim that cooking plants kill magic enzymes that would help you digest the plants.

Plants make enzymes to help you digest them? Really? What's next, deer that grow antlers shaped like knives and forks? Fish that have TEAR HERE in bright letters to indicate their peel-off scales section for easy sushi making?

It's clear that "enzymes" is just a magic word to them, like "quantum" often is.

See also: "living cells".

It's hilarious when raw foodists claim that cooking plants kill magic enzymes that would help you digest the plants.

Plants make enzymes to help you digest them? Really? What's next, deer that grow antlers shaped like knives and forks? Fish that have TEAR HERE in bright letters to indicate their peel-off scales section for easy sushi making?

It's clear that "enzymes" is just a magic word to them, like "quantum" often is.

See also: "living cells".

Every time I hear things like this I immediately visualize the "electrolytes" scene from Idiocracy.

It is true that on a cellular level lysosomes exist as a built in self destruct mechanism for each cell and that they contain enzymes which can break down the cell contents. However these have next to nothing to do with the digestive system of large mammalian omnivores much less homo sapiens.

Food in our GI tract is broken down by a combination of proteases, lipase, and amylases whose primary source is the pancreas.

Peope are still crying about this? Lol, it's really simple, if you don't believe it then you don't have to. It's just funny all these insecure people have to insult people over the internet just because they don't agree with them lol.

Lets stop for just a second with hand picking isolated study suggestions and look at the whole picture:

Is cooking food in a diet as a whole more efficient nutritionally or is eating food raw more efficient nutritionally? Everyone wants to jump all over this Juno guy but I would agree with him. Cooking your food is less efficient from a total nutritional standpoint than eating it raw.

Just let it go man, people can't be convinced.

Peope are still crying about this? Lol, it's really simple, if you don't believe it then you don't have to. It's just funny all these insecure people have to insult people over the internet just because they don't agree with them lol.

A lot of misinformation gets posted here so you can't blame people for demanding facts. If someone comes in with a new perspective or opinion and has no sources or proof they get chewed up. If you come in with a new perspective or opinion with sources or facts to back you up then there will be a legitimate discussion on the merits of the claim.

I don't think you're actually paying attention here. This is a forum, and discussion board, no one is 'crying', we're 'discussing' something, this is how discussions work, people share knowledge back and forth, and hopefully everyone learns something. It's not about 'insulting' people, and it's not about 'believing' things, it's about discussion.

Unless you're just trolling, which is possible, but if so you should probably step up your game and find some more inflamatory statements than the 'whatevs bro, believe what you want' (which is actually on the post progession I predicted you would follow earlier, if you remember).

If you are not trolling, and you can't come up with any reasons why your argument is correct, maybe you should look into whether or not your theory is based on reason, or whether it is a 'belief'. If it IS a belief, that's a totally different topic, much like Halal meats or Kosher foods, and doesn't need to be backed up by any reasoning.

I don't think you're actually paying attention here. This is a forum, and discussion board, no one is 'crying', we're 'discussing' something, this is how discussions work, people share knowledge back and forth, and hopefully everyone learns something. It's not about 'insulting' people, and it's not about 'believing' things, it's about discussion.

Unless you're just trolling, which is possible, but if so you should probably step up your game and find some more inflamatory statements than the 'whatevs bro, believe what you want' (which is actually on the post progession I predicted you would follow earlier, if you remember).

If you are not trolling, and you can't come up with any reasons why your argument is correct, maybe you should look into whether or not your theory is based on reason, or whether it is a 'belief'. If it IS a belief, that's a totally different topic, much like Halal meats or Kosher foods, and doesn't need to be backed up by any reasoning.

Lol my god man, i'll say this again cause some people are slow, YOU DON"T HAVE TO BELIEVE ANY OF THE SHIT I SAY! Just stop with trolling and "inflamatory statements" bullshit. I came here to speak my mind, not "troll" people on sherdog.

Okay, and now you've spoken your mind. Do you want to have a conversation on the topic? You don't have to. You can just come in, say your piece and leave, but since this is a place for discussion, other people are going to be interested in discussing it. Don't be upset about it, if you don't care to take part in the discussion that's fine, no one is trying to pressure you.

Okay, and now you've spoken your mind. Do you want to have a conversation on the topic? You don't have to. You can just come in, say your piece and leave, but since this is a place for discussion, other people are going to be interested in discussing it. Don't be upset about it, if you don't care to take part in the discussion that's fine, no one is trying to pressure you.

Bro, get over here.

Take a hit of this discussion.

Everyone cool is discussing this.

your phrasing indicates that you hilariously believe you are speaking truth to the masses or making us feel insecure about our "beliefs" with your daring statements. This is simply not the case.

No one who has slapped down your absolutely unsubstantiated claims is at all threatened by them, any more than we are by a crazy homeless person screaming about reptilians controlling Apple and Congress.

This is not a matter of two viable viewpoints where, like, it's just a matter of opinion, man. This is you saying things that are objectively false and getting called out on it.

This isn't your fault. There's a lot of insanity on the internet dressed up plausibly to suck people in without any deep education in the subject matter. But when people start listing facts and you're just clinging to your "beliefs" like a Thor worshiper who refuses to believe thunder is anything but Mjollnir, there's problem. And it isn't with everyone else.

your phrasing indicates that you hilariously believe you are speaking truth to the masses or making us feel insecure about our "beliefs" with your daring statements. This is simply not the case.

No one who has slapped down your absolutely unsubstantiated claims is at all threatened by them, any more than we are by a crazy homeless person screaming about reptilians controlling Apple and Congress.

This is not a matter of two viable viewpoints where, like, it's just a matter of opinion, man. This is you saying things that are objectively false and getting called out on it.

This isn't your fault. There's a lot of insanity on the internet dressed up plausibly to suck people in without any deep education in the subject matter. But when people start listing facts and you're just clinging to your "beliefs" like a Thor worshiper who refuses to believe thunder is anything but Mjollnir, there's problem. And it isn't with everyone else.

Just when i thought people would quit...

What's left to discuss? Seems like everybody already made up there mind on the subject.

That's the magical part of a discussion. You can always present more of your side. I realize at this point you're probably not going to be able to dig up the level of evidence that is going to be required to challenge the commonly held viewpoint, but perhaps you could expand on why you hold the beliefs that you do?

For example, I believe that cooking meat is generally better than not cooking meat. Anecdotaly, it didn't occur to me that anyone would hold the opinion that not cooking it was better until about a decade ago when I started hearing health enthusiasts voice that opinion. Unfortunately, my research into it did not support their conclusion, and I've yet to be shown a reason why it would be superiour. Infact, I feel more recent evidence does nothing to support the uncooked viewpoint, despite being told in the past that new evidence would come out proving the opposite, as it's now thought that man has likely been cooking his food since before he was 'man'.

What convinced you of the advantages of raw food?

I really feel bad for Juno Lead. I don't think he's trolling. I think he actually believes what he is saying but is realizing he is wrong, but can't come to terms with it. It's sad.

I really feel bad for Juno Lead. I don't think he's trolling. I think he actually believes what he is saying but is realizing he is wrong, but can't come to terms with it. It's sad.

Er yes, i'm really crushed that people on the internet don't agree with me. Lol You're trying to hard man. just let it go.

Last edited:
Er yes, i'm really crushed that people on the internet don't agree with me. Lol Your trying to hard man. just let it go.

It's your pathetic use of "lols" that give it away. You're really trying to make it seem like you're just laughing it off.

Also, notice my usage of "you're"

It's your pathetic use of "lols" that give it away. You're really trying to make it seem like you're just laughing it off.

Also, notice my usage of "you're"

Lol, ok man, you win, i'm pissed and sad and wrong :icon_sad:

More then 7,000 posts, and i've had this account for more then a year longer then you eh? It's no wonder why sherdog is serious biz to you lol.

Last edited:
Back