Wow a Whole Episode Just to Spin...

PotatoKing, Dana is doing all he can now to protect his cash cow and trying to flip this on to Miesha and you're eating it all up right away.

Huh? The whiny, passive aggressive, bs is nothing new from Miesha. Neither is that Ronda is crazy, but also keeps her word.

I'm surprised that it's not so obvious to everyone.

It's not even discreet. He's blatantly shitting on Tate. "oh she put pictures up to start a war, she's BAD"
WTF? Right? And apparently this week he went even more overboard. Does he think UFC fans are WWE-fans? You think we don't have the ability to think for ourselves?

If Miesha is SO bad how come there is not ONE moment where she comes across bad in 6weeks of being filmed 24/7?

Obviously, she's not perfect... but compare her to Ronda who's had one meltdown after another since the first episode- Tate's coming off as an angel

lol this.

I immediately thought about Dominick Cruz hanging up the g-string over Urijah Faber's picture and how all that was just fun but when Miesha hangs up photos, she's starting trouble according to Dana.

All the negativity Rousey has drawn, to try to make her look not as bad.

I knew it was bad, but this makes it look really bad. When they have to create an entire episode to try to lessen the way the public sees their big star is quite pitiful.
They've spent millions making her public image seem so nice, only to have the truth get shown week after week. It's been a publicity nightmare for the UFC.

Putting a sticky don't bash Rhonda thread on Sherdog is one thing. But having producers tell her to give gifts and then piecing a spin episode to help stop the irreparable damage is really outrageous.

We all knew it was bad, but this shows just how extremely bad it actually is.

Huh? The whiny, passive aggressive, bs is nothing new from Miesha. Neither is that Ronda is crazy, but also keeps her word.

Just because Ronda missuses the term passive-aggressive does not mean it all of a sudden fits Miesha. What Ronda is trying to call her is "two faced" as in she acts differently when you're around than when you're not. Passive aggressive is when you act like you don't want something then complain you didn't get it.

I have always tried to like Rousey but she wouldn't let me =/

Having watched this tuf since episode one, I really dont see how Rousey has looked bad, I mean aside from her being very emotional, which is a habit most athletes carry, sorry i really do not see it.

But her haters will find any reason to build up their feelings towards her. the one thing I do not understand is how peopel back Tate, considering she is two faced, show has proved that, she is with a guy who is much like herself and has given zero respect to fighters that have beat her, she disrespected Cat and Rousey. If anything this series of TUF has made me dislike Tate more, frankly I dont understand the attitude she carries, reminds me of a prom queen stereo type, without the looks.

But seeing as you made this thread it is already a given that you dislike Rousey, but I would ask without starting the typical sherdog argument, exactly how has the show made her look bad? aside from the being emotional aspect? i just dont see it.

BTW, Would like to see this evidence of her producers telling her to give gifts out...I mean wtf is wrong with haters these days.

Last edited:
It's such a shame. A young gal with such potential.

Then she is seen on tv showing her true self and causing her employer such embarrassment.

Oh well, at least now the public knows the truth.

Then she is seen on tv showing her true self and causing her employer such embarrassment.

Oh well, at least now the public knows the truth.

lol you going to elaborate on exactly how she has come off in a bad light? btw just read your sig rofl.

I liked Rhonda and still do. but the tough "guy" act should be dropped. just be yourself. She comes across as trying way too hard. Same with Jones and his Image, I feel like If JJ would just be himself he would be way more likable. They both seem to have no redeemable qualities.

Just because Ronda missuses the term passive-aggressive does not mean it all of a sudden fits Miesha. What Ronda is trying to call her is "two faced" as in she acts differently when you're around than when you're not. Passive aggressive is when you act like you don't want something then complain you didn't get it.

Huh? I'm not in the slightest interested what Ronda does or does not call her, I'm giving my own impressions. I've actually followed wmma for a while, and seen plenty of Mieshas interviews etc. You might also need to look up the definition for passive-agrssive, since it encompasses a lot more than that.

lol you going to elaborate on exactly how she has come off in a bad light? btw just read your sig rofl.

Have you not watched? She is a bully who tries to act tough all the time. I thought it was hysterical she told Dennis Hallman to "Do it at the right time" when he was 100% about to stomp in Edmond yet she has no problem with Edmond running around acting like a tough guy toward people who don't want to fight.

I'm a huge Miesha fan and until now I've always liked Ronda but after this there's no one I want to see lose more.

I knew it was bad, but this makes it look really bad. When they have to create an entire episode to try to lessen the way the public sees their big star is quite pitiful.
They've spent millions making her public image seem so nice, only to have the truth get shown week after week. It's been a publicity nightmare for the UFC.

Putting a sticky don't bash Rhonda thread on Sherdog is one thing. But having producers tell her to give gifts and then piecing a spin episode to help stop the irreparable damage is really outrageous.

We all knew it was bad, but this shows just how extremely bad it actually is.

So basically you're an immature know nothing who doesn't even watch the show. How did they "spin" anything to not make Ronda look "as bad"? Even Dana said over and over again that he had to try and squash stuff for the first time on TUF specifically because of Ronda and Edmund. You had Miesha over and over again playing the innocent girl just "trying to have fun" and her and Dana both talked about how nearly impossible it was to have fun around Ronda. The recap did nothing to spin anything and you tools who keep trying to cry "damage control" know nothing about this business. Even if every fan of MMA grows to hate Ronda, it does no "damage" to WMMA in the UFC. Nothing at all. Having a villain everyone despises doesn't do shit the UFC's bottom line, and if anything, only helps it.

PotatoKing, Dana is doing all he can now to protect his cash cow and trying to flip this on to Miesha and you're eating it all up right away.

son_i_am_disappoint.gif

Total fucking nonsense. Dana doesn't have to "protect" Ronda to keep her making him money. He already publicly mocked all the fucktards that hater her now himself in multiple interviews. He doesn't give a rip roaring fuck about how likes Ronda and who doesn't, because lover her or hate her, she put WMMA on the map and "bad guys" make the UFC just as much money as the good guys if not more. His own analysis of both fighters on the show so far in the recap if anything only validated what the Ronda haters think about her.

Ronda haters just can't stand the fact that Miesha can come off looking like anything but fake and want to exempt her from any of the immature bullshit. Fact is, they've both acted immature, its just that Tate does it in the traditional sorority girl back biting and underhanded way while Ronda is more of a confrontational dude about it.

The backlash on Rousey's behavior must have been outrageous.

So bad they had to create this episode in a failed attempt to make her look better, more mature, and lady like.

What's your evidence that a recap episode wasn't planned to air on this exact date from the beginning? It was my impression they didn't want to go against or draw viewers from the World Series, which is also on Fox.

The UFC marketing line on Ronda from Day 1 was "She's mean, she's nasty, she's a badass who will say/do anything". You're totally wrong.

It's a TV show, it's edited to produce the most drama possible. Does Rhonda come off bad at times, you bet so does Meisha. Most of you who are watching already had your minds made up about both women before the show started now you nitpick the little things that back your original assesment and use them to further your dislike of the other. Again who really cares about all that BS, this is the fight game, you like to watch fights and those who entertain during their fights. That really should be enough.

lol...I guess she'll have to be content with her millions, movie roles and breaking a couple arms a year, and just have to deal with her failure to win you over.

There must be ton of material left out of the show also, and Dana personally tearing off prank posters to make sure she doesn't blow up even more.

lol, it isn't even bad. They've always said she was bad, now she's showing it. They never marketed her as sweet. She trained with Cesar and the gang, and they ate it up. She's just continuing it and doing a good job. She got you talking, and thats all that matters. The UFC doesn't care if you tune in to watch her lose, as long as you tune in.

Back