Do women UFC fighters have the potential to earn more sponsorship money than men?

LMW 28IF**

White Belt
Reaction score
Yesterday while watching the ultimate fighter finale I noticed how women are allowed to wear shirts and bras during their fights while men are not allowed to wear shirts or bras. Because women can wear more clothes, they can have a lot more sponsors put advertisements on them. I think because women have so much more space to have sponsors on clothes this gives them the opportunity to have more sponsors, is this right?

This is obvious discrimination against men. In the name of fairness, I demand women fight topless.

Only if they have ass and tits

Julie Kedzie's shoulder blade is some of the most coveted ad space in MMA.

This is obvious discrimination against men. In the name of fairness, I demand women fight topless.

:redface:

but there maybe some traumatizing image as well, you know... not every woman look fine topless:icon_cry2

Funny........unfortunately if some woman fought topless, it would be hard to tell they were actually female.

I think the more sponsorship space due to clothed chests will get more sponsors, also the women can appeal to different type of sponsors, so I suppose yes to your question.

there are a lot of feminine hygiene products out there

Yesterday while watching the ultimate fighter finale I noticed how women are allowed to wear shirts and bras during their fights while men are not allowed to wear shirts or bras. Because women can wear more clothes, they can have a lot more sponsors put advertisements on them. I think because women have so much more space to have sponsors on clothes this gives them the opportunity to have more sponsors, is this right?

Really? They don't make much as it is. I don't care about sponsor money anyways.

It's unfair.
Men also should be allowed to wear T-shirt or Rash guard during fight.

Not until their product becomes as exciting or more exciting than men's fighting. Their divisions are spread too thin and there simply isn't a large enough talent pool to produce enough talented fighters. If we keep seeing the UFC trying to put on just as many female fights as they do male fights ohhhhhh boy. What you saw last night was nothing, it's gonna get a lot worse.

surprised they allow them to wear actual t-shirts like Pena did

Brian Ebersole can put ads on his chest...

Brian-Ebersole-Tapout-Chest-Pic.jpg

If you aren't man enough to do the same, that's your problem.

I think so but not on the basis that they get to wear more clothes than men. I think theres a lot of opportunities for them for exposure and make money outside the octagon.

Darrell Schoonover, Mark Hunt, and Roy Nelson should get a special exemption and be allowed to wear a bra when they fight.

Back