My wife holds me back from being the best I can be. Anyone else?

Evan_The_Kid_1

Hybrid Wrestler
@Brown
Reaction score
Some may call it an excuse, and as true as that may be, it's still true that I'm held back from being the best I can be.

I "had" to sell my car because it was "costing to much money" which means I have to rely on her to drive me to my Sambo classes. If I'm lucky I get to go every other week, IF I'M LUCKY.

I was offered a chance to do a kickboxing tournament on March 1st, which would be my first fight besides grappling tournaments. But I cant get rides out there and we "cant afford it".

I know that I can be at least a semi-successful fighter but that'll probably be just another dream that passes by. Anyone else in similar situations?

Your sold your car and your wife has full control of the remaining car?

This thread will not end well. But seriously , just choke her :D.

I'll tell you what I told my brother. You should REALLY know a broad before you wife them down

... if you are over 25, it's time to move on and get a real career, IMO. You are either pro for reals, or you're not, and if you're not ... then you're not. You're a hobbyist.

Doesn't sound like your wife is holding you back, it's your finances.

Doesn't sound like your wife is holding you back, it's your finances.

Sounds like getting a decent day job would improve his training options 10x.

Your wife sounds like a bitch and it's really just aggravating to see a grown man complain about this online. If you don't like your life and / or wife, man up and say something. If not, quit bitching about it. You're a grown up who makes his own decisions.

EDIT: Read through my own response. I'm not trying to be a dick and haven't walked a mile in your shoes, but if you don't like your life; you need to change something about it.

Last edited:
Some may call it an excuse, and as true as that may be, it's still true that I'm held back from being the best I can be.

I "had" to sell my car because it was "costing to much money" which means I have to rely on her to drive me to my Sambo classes. If I'm lucky I get to go every other week, IF I'M LUCKY.

I was offered a chance to do a kickboxing tournament on March 1st, which would be my first fight besides grappling tournaments. But I cant get rides out there and we "cant afford it".

I know that I can be at least a semi-successful fighter but that'll probably be just another dream that passes by. Anyone else in similar situations?

Despite the fact that this will feed the troll.......

I would say my wife has pushed me to be the best I can be. She expected (and deserves) a man willing to leave childish things behind and grow up. She knew I was more capable than I thought I was. Being an adult is hard with or without a wife. You get to choose.

If you were truly serious about becoming a pro-fighter you would find ways to achieve that goal instead of blaming your wife for holding you back.

The reality is that the only person holding you back is you. I don't think you are really that serious about being a pro-fighter.

I also think TS is possibly trolling.

You already know the answer, you're just making excuses.

The truth is that you aren't the best you want to be or could be. So you're looking for a reason, and it's blaming something that isn't you which makes it an excuse.

Don't worry op this situation will resolve itself soon since you and your wife are headed for a divorce anyway.

That's what you get for letting your wife run the checkbook.

I can't think of any kind response, so I'm adding nothing to this conversation...

Back