Jacare vs Machida? who you got?

Machida via UD. Not exciting.

you don't think Jacare can take him down?
Lyoto has great TDD while Jacare has decent at best takedowns. Very unlikely he is able to get it down and even if he does Lyoto is a very legit black belt.

Lyoto has great TDD while Jacare has decent at best takedowns. Very unlikely he is able to get it down and even if he does Lyoto is a very legit black belt.

Jacare has decent takedowns? The guys is a monster at taking people down, he's actually the best BJJ guy with great takedowns.

Machida via Tko in the second round. His too quick for most 185 pounders.

Jacare simply just doesn't have the striking to hang with machida... Or even mousasi imo

you don't think Jacare can take him down?

Not when machida circles away the way he does, he's going to frustrate Jacare.

Plus they're all on the same team really, so doubt they would actually fight, for now at least.

Jacare has decent takedowns? The guys is a monster at taking people down, he's actually the best BJJ guy with great takedowns.

Roger Gracie actually had more success getting Tim Kennedy down than Jacare did.

Theres no land animal faster than a cheetah.

Want to play a fun drinking game? Watch a card Machida is on and take a shot every time they say the word "elusive"

I have to rewatch the fight but did Jacare actually really try to take Kennedy down?

Yes. He didn't make it the be all end all of his gameplan because Kennedy is a mediocre striker, but he made a few attempts to no avail. Kennedy, on the other hand, got him down a few times.

Machida, TKO in the second round.
jacare is amazing but i think it's a bady matchup for him...Machida is too quick and elusive.

Jacare would get annihilated by Machida standing. He's developed a big overhand right but that's it. Machida would pick him apart for a UD or a TKO late.

Machida; Jacare maybe get a takedown, but how much time has Machida expended on his back over his whole career? And he faced good wrestlers in LHW. Don't discard and upset, but by styles this seems clear.

I'll side with my boy Jacare.

Tough fight.

T/KO or Decision win for Machida in a fight mostly contested on the feet.

Back