Anyone experience caffeine withdrawl?

why was caffeine causing hand cramps?

Theory is that caffeine lowers peripheral blood flow, less blood to the hands the slower they heal. I was also playing a lot of starcraft which would be the equivilant of typing over 100 words per minute and the two combined caused my hands to really start hurting.

I had found a study on chainsaw operators and the ones who smoked and or drank coffee had a much higher rate of hand injuries.
So i put the theory to the test. I drank less coffee and my hands got better quite quickly. I did a lot of grip exercises while i was off coffee and now it is no longer an issue for me.

Theory is that caffeine lowers peripheral blood flow, less blood to the hands the slower they heal. I was also playing a lot of starcraft which would be the equivilant of typing over 100 words per minute and the two combined caused my hands to really start hurting.

I had found a study on chainsaw operators and the ones who smoked and or drank coffee had a much higher rate of hand injuries.
So i put the theory to the test. I drank less coffee and my hands got better quite quickly. I did a lot of grip exercises while i was off coffee and now it is no longer an issue for me.

Had the same issue but just had to up my water intake and it went away.

Edit: I type all day.

I drink a cup a day but I try to not drink any during the weekends just so that I can caffeine up before working out.

A single 200mg pill used to be enough to get me bouncing through walls. Now, I need a small cup of coffee with it just to feel a bit energetic.

I just quit coffee (again) last week.

Tried to go cold turkey but found after 2 days of extreme headaches it was too much to deal with while at work.

I ended up drinking a small

Yes.

Just withdraw slowly, like 25 percent a week. cold turkey is tough, and there isn't a good reason for it.

I have real issues keeping control of caffeine intake. In-fact, I feel a bit shitty right now. No plans to quit it though as too many good things about coffee when used correctly, plus it tastes soooo good.

Loads of water my friend and maybe taper off the caffeine if the cold turkey thing is too intense.

As bad as my tolerance gets I always try to stop the caffeine by a certain point in the day . Makes cutting back and resetting tolerance easier.

I love my coffee. When I don't drink, I get grumpy, hungry, have head aches, tired, achey, and am generally an unpleasant fuck.

You all see me post when I'm drinking coffee. Imagine what I'm like, IN PERSON, without it.

Back to caffeine withdrawl, it can take up to two weeks to kick caffeine. 600mg is a bit much for caffeine depending on your size & age.

I've been drinking 2-3 cups of coffee (~100mg caffeine each) the last year or so, and just stopped about a week ago. Felt a bit weird and tired the next day, got better by the second day, third day felt normal.
I was taking a break to get rid of the tolerance I got... just had 1 cup, but even now after a week, it still feels like the effect is very small. I might have to take longer break I guess... anyone has any ideas how long should be enough?

Lived my first 25 years without touching a cup of coffee, looking back that is up there as one of the udmbest things Ive ever done

Lived my first 25 years without touching a cup of coffee, looking back that is up there as one of the udmbest things Ive ever done

Agreed. I never had a cup until a few months ago and I feel stupid for not drinking it before. I probably could have graduated from college earlier had I been drinking coffee the whole time lol. I usually only have one cup so I don't really get a energetic buzz from it but something about drinking it is just a peaceful way to start the morning and helps me concentrate.

yes - bad headaches if i dont have a cup by around 1-2pm ish.

usually grab a cup first thing in the morning drive. Then that's it for the day.

I've been up to and over a gram a day of caffeine. At that level I'm pretty miserable. The irony is if I slow down on the consumption and let the caffeine take effect I get a pretty good response.

Last edited:
Never had one. I don't drink coffee but regularly drink the blue (zero carb/cal) monster energy drinks, but never more than one a day. I like the taste, like the small kick it adds to the day and it keeps me away from other sweet and calorie dense things.

I've never really had more than 4-5 cups of coffee in a week, and I generally limit myself to one a day if I do have it. I've never experience withdrawal in the form of bad headaches like most people say, but sometimes if I have a cup around 9 AM I am absolutely EXHAUSTED after lunch around 1:30-3. It makes the second half of the workday absolutely miserable, and I refuse to drink MORE coffee to fix the problem and become really addicted.

I've decided to stop drinking coffee for any reason other than pre-workout. I don't see the need to drink a stimulant to stare at my computer for 8 hours at work.

I would like to sleep
4.jpg

I've totally stopped drinking Diet Coke. My wife buys it and sometimes after training It would look good so I'd grab one. Even after drinking only one (maybe 2) a day I feel like crap when I stop. Headaches, no desire to train, blurred vision and just an overall bad feeling that lasts for about 3 days. I'm guessing it's a caffeine withdrawal problem.

I gave up coffee for preworkout. I was taking in too much caffeine combining supplements and a couple cups of coffee. My eye started to twitch and the preworkout stopped working effectively. Now I cycle the preworkout for hard lifting days and don't consume regular coffee just decafe or tea. I am aware that both decafe coffee and tea have caffeine but my sensitivity to caffeine has increased since I stopped consuming regular coffee on a day to day basis.

I quit drinking coffee and caffeine

you should too. it's rough at first

I got ADHD and mood disorder issues and right now the ADHD is friggin roaring with anxiety so I'm forced to decrease the caffeine significantly. I'm in the middle of a withdrawl/can't have any stimulants without suffering shit sandwich.

Back