Anyone experience caffeine withdrawl?

I drink a cup a day but I try to not drink any during the weekends just so that I can caffeine up before working out.

A single 200mg pill used to be enough to get me bouncing through walls. Now, I need a small cup of coffee with it just to feel a bit energetic.
I take a 200mg pill before lifting twice a week too. Its to the point where I am used to it, but if I tack on some carbs/sugar onto it I get that boost I am looking for. I will generally have some cookies and milk or something like that before I lift.

Other than that though I rarely consume anything caffeinated.

I've been a daily coffee drinker for years. Usually 2 cups a day.

Years ago I bought a different brand of coffee to try out. For two weeks I had the worst headache every single day. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. So one day I go to make my coffee and I look at the tin that I had bought and I notice a teeny tiny little sticker on the front of the tin with the dreaded word DECAF on it. LOL!

So went immediately to starbucks and got an Americano. The feeling of the caffeine hitting my bloodstream, I felt like I could lift a car.

When I think about it, I think I go through the worst caffeine withdrawals when I go on vacation or travel since I don't have a convenient, daily source of coffee. Sure dropping by a local store is fine but I mean the whole damn morning routine of getting up, taking a shower, getting dressed, figuring out plans, etc., all BEFORE coffee?? Shits tough, man.

Years ago I bought a different brand of coffee to try out. For two weeks I had the worst headache every single day. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. So one day I go to make my coffee and I look at the tin that I had bought and I notice a teeny tiny little sticker on the front of the tin with the dreaded word DECAF on it. LOL!

So went immediately to starbucks and got an Americano. The feeling of the caffeine hitting my bloodstream, I felt like I could lift a car.

you now know the feeling that gets suckers addicted to crack

Yes, headaches and sleepiness.

I also read an article claiming that if you work out dosed up on stimulants, you're going to drain your CNS moreso than had you not. I think whether one even needs to manage CNS drain varies from person to person but if you do it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Ignorance is bliss that's how I want to cut my tolerance.

Theory is that caffeine lowers peripheral blood flow, less blood to the hands the slower they heal. I was also playing a lot of starcraft which would be the equivilant of typing over 100 words per minute and the two combined caused my hands to really start hurting.

I had found a study on chainsaw operators and the ones who smoked and or drank coffee had a much higher rate of hand injuries.
So i put the theory to the test. I drank less coffee and my hands got better quite quickly. I did a lot of grip exercises while i was off coffee and now it is no longer an issue for me.

I've been a timber faller/ logger for 15 years and I can attest to that being true.

All the guys at work that drink coffee or energy drinks all have joint/tendon issues or joint pain. The few guys that don't use caffeine and just drink water are two of the oldest guys on my logging crew, but they are probably the healthiest guys I employ.

I also notice the coffee drinkers are more high strung, get stress easier and faster, and their conditioning is inferior to the guys who avoid caffeine.

I have heard caffeine affects joint health and hormone regulation somehow.
Seems to be true according to stories.
I never managed to get addicted to caffeine much - in the last couple of years it starting causing a bit of anxiety in me.

I drink coffee, but it is more of a treat for me. Like a latte or green tea frappucino ).

When I wake up in the morning I crave coffee, but I don't think it's the caffeine I crave I think its the actual taste of coffee.

If I was going to get off coffee I think I would mix regular coffee with decaf coffee. Week by week change the ratio of beans until I am totally off coffee.

However until I am told by a medical professional, I will drink numerous cups of coffee per day.

I have just finished a tub of Hyde v2 540mg of caffeine I think. I've stopped because I was developing serial killer sleeping ha bits and drinking diet coke and coffee on top of taking pre workout daily.

At the moment im sleeping 10 hours a night and I get mildly sexualy aroused by doughnuts. Caffine withdrawal is worse than quitting smoking.

Nah, only very minor effects. And I'm usually a pretty heavy coke/coffee drinker. Only real problem is the craving, but that goes away after a week or two. I usually just switch to club soda and then I'm good.

I've started drinking a double espresso in the morning and chugging 2-3 energy drinks a day. Plus Coke Zero.

I might go through a nasty withdrawal soon.

I haven't consumed coffee or caffeine in over a month

it's been really tough but feeling better now

Yes.

Just withdraw slowly, like 25 percent a week. cold turkey is tough, and there isn't a good reason for it.

I went cold turkey! get past the first 2 weeks and you feel better.

sort your diet out and get lots of water

Tyrosine helps with keeping energy levels and mental sharpness up when weaning off the caffeine. Natural dopamine/nor precursor. Take about 500mg or so in place of your regular caffeine fix. Dirt cheap too. Made getting off the caffeine much more pleasant for me.

I went cold turkey! get past the first 2 weeks and you feel better.

sort your diet out and get lots of water
Lots of water is definitely key. I get a bad headache, get light headed, and irritable. Its worse when you gotta deal with stupid people at work. Eventually it'll go away but like a dumbass I'll do it again.

Ugh, Caffeine is nasty, Taurine is worse.

If you need something to get "up" for workout I will point out (not actually recommend) Cubensis mushrooms.

It is a mild hallucinagenic but acts entirely on the brain, not the body, it can help you do menial workout tasks like lifting weights or hitting the bag all day long without getting bored or feeling tired.

I wouldnt spar or do anything complicated/hazardous (like driving a car) but you will be able to wail the tar out of that bag and think its the funnest thing there is. It also seems to negate the feelings of muscle fatigue (until the next day)

Again, its a mild hallucinagen and your results may vary but it doesnt show up on drug screens and may be worth a try. It also doesnt work 2 days in a row without upping the dosage considerably,but if your doing the powerlifting every other day it might work for you.

Its non addictive but has some side effects, like giggling, pupil dialiation and if it doesnt agree with you, you can freak out. Usually if youre occupied doing something that isnt a problem though.

Caffeine and Taurine(red bull stuff) is icky, works on the heart, dependancy issue.

I learned about this playing poker, played really well for 12 hours straight. When I woke up the next day I thought my jaw was broken from keeping my pokerface. It had the same effect hitting the bag, kicked that bags ass as hard as I ever have without feeling any fatigue, but boy were my arms torqued out the next day.

Just tiredness like you didn't get a good nights sleep. Shitty feeling, that being said...go to Dunkin donuts

I love my coffee. When I don't drink, I get grumpy, hungry, have head aches, tired, achey, and am generally an unpleasant fuck.

You all see me post when I'm drinking coffee. Imagine what I'm like, IN PERSON, without it.

Back to caffeine withdrawl, it can take up to two weeks to kick caffeine. 600mg is a bit much for caffeine depending on your size & age.

Sums up my decaffeinated state perfectly.

I have compromised for now. I consume an absolute hideous amount of caffeine the first three or four hours after I wake up then stop for the rest of the day. I'm working to narrow that window done to nothing. Feels damn good in the evening to be caffeine free and not be jonesing.

Back