PWD 164: The Miz Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're only really sort of public as it is, given the McMahons hold the majority of the stock.

I'd love to see them go completely private though. It seems to work for the UFC. I think WWE would benefit from running in a similar way.

Around a 100 mil. Vince being a billionaire was ridiculous - there was no fucking serious stable revenue stream that gives an actual profit behind a company built on Cena kicks out at 2.

do you honestly really evaluate the wwe at only around 100 million?

There's a rumour going round that Sheamus could be playing the physical Darth Vader in the new Star Wars movie.

Indy stars are going back to bingo halls for scraps, WWE guys are going after that Disney Money.

There's a rumour going round that Sheamus could be playing the physical Darth Vader in the new Star Wars movie.

Rumor will be confirmed when we see Vader Brogue Kicking the fuck out of the rebellion.

I read the stock reports and they seriously declare that Cena is key to the business.

I would hope so. If the central piece to your entire marketing strategy and the main brand your company has been pushing for nearly ten years ISN'T the key to your business's success, then your business is in HUGE trouble. The problem with that brand being a person is that they have a limited lifespan of use as the central brand, and your company has to try out other product on the consumer over time to attempt to establish what the next main brand will be, and then slowly market that one more and more.

WWE's problem with eventually replacing Cena seems to be that nearly everyone who could have (theoretically) replaced him or that the WWE wanted to set up to replace him have been basically the same age as he is. CM Punk or Orton can be (or could have been) other main brands, but they've got to be about the same age as Cena and so they've all got about the same maximum 'shelf life'. Same goes for Lesnar.

Their other main stars (which admittedly have stepped out the last handful of years), guys like Undertaker, HHH, Edge, Jericho, ect, are older or have more wear and have pretty much run their course.

Thankfully, it seems in the last two or three years, the WWE HAS actually begun to try and agressively shift their marketing towards new brands (younger guys) as a whole. Guys like The Shield, Sheamus, Cesaro, Usos, Ryback, Axel, ect now more or less dominate the show. What they need now is to slowly elevate/push a few of the more successful brands (younger performers) more aggressively.

I would hope so. If the central piece to your entire marketing strategy and the main brand your company has been pushing for nearly ten years ISN'T the key to your business's success, then your business is in HUGE trouble. The problem with that brand being a person is that they have a limited lifespan of use as the central brand, and your company has to try out other product on the consumer over time to attempt to establish what the next main brand will be, and then slowly market that one more and more.

WWE's problem with eventually replacing Cena seems to be that nearly everyone who could have (theoretically) replaced him or that the WWE wanted to set up to replace him have been basically the same age as he is. CM Punk or Orton can be (or could have been) other main brands, but they've got to be about the same age as Cena and so they've all got about the same maximum 'shelf life'. Same goes for Lesnar.

Their other main stars (which admittedly have stepped out the last handful of years), guys like Undertaker, HHH, Edge, Jericho, ect, are older or have more wear and have pretty much run their course.

Thankfully, it seems in the last two or three years, the WWE HAS actually begun to try and agressively shift their marketing towards new brands (younger guys) as a whole. Guys like The Shield, Sheamus, Cesaro, Usos, Ryback, Axel, ect now more or less dominate the show. What they need now is to slowly elevate/push a few of the more successful brands (younger performers) more aggressively.

i think wrestlemania 31 has the potential to be like wrestlemania 21. 21 was the start of cena/batista. 31 could be the start of reigns/bray/ambrose/rollins --- i think those four guys are in the running right now.

If Paige wants to be a heel, she should kick AJ square in the stomach and cause a miscarriage...you know because AJ is Pregnant and all....

Or just tell her "The only reason why people like you is because you pretend to like comic books and video games".

morganfreemanhemad.jpg

I see you're still constantly thinking about me. How nice.

I'm not mad, I'm merely referencing people getting mad at the whole "Comic Books and Video Games" comment, some people got riled up by it.

Or just tell her "The only reason why people like you is because you pretend to like comic books and video games".

If she dropped a "comic books and video games" line in a promo on her then the internet would lose it's shit.

I oddly feel a bit bad for Russo now. The whole mess is Dixie's fault, given she told bare-faced lies to Spike.

The fact that he's held a job in the wrestling world for going on 20 years now given his complete lack of qualifications prevents me from giving him sympathy.

I'm not mad, I'm merely referencing people getting mad at the whole "Comic Books and Video Games" comment, some people got riled up by it.

Diplomat gets super rustled by it. It's the only reason it's still going

Diplomat gets super rustled by it. It's the only reason it's still going

To you, anyone that posts any sort of reply at all is "rustled." But it's the internet so we can make up personas for others and think we know...?

You over use and kill phrases like you do jokes. I guess you're consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back