Clash of Clans: Official Sherdog Clan--> Just Bleed (Come Join!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's my fault. My friend asked me to join his clan who's something like 30-1 right now but I started just to play with y'all and compete with him but he's recently spent about $175 on gems so we're not even in the same league anymore.

I just figured I would get a PM in game or here letting me know what was up. I don't know why I did.

yo just sent request, sn: slushhole

yo just sent request, sn: slushhole
Yeah, it may make you wait 24 hours to re-request. I don't think you posted this before you requested, or you may have forgotten to mention "Sherdog" and "user name" in your post (that's what our leaders/elders look for).

Slick, if you want back in, I'm cool giving you a second chance. You gotta use your attacks, man, though. You also haven't had a chance to get as much war experience, so review the war FAQ, and when you're back in, make sure to go and watch replays of the successful attacks by other clanners who are near to your level and are using similar strats (Giant-Healer combo or Giant/Wiz overload w/Heal spells are prob your best strats right now).

The game will prob make you wait 24 hours to re-request, but just shoot us a request when you can.
I don't see how it's irrelevant.

The point is to win wars and have fun doing it. Using all attacks is one of the keys to victory, if the war is already won I don't see why that requirement can't be relaxed... and I'm one of the guys who spends a lot with little reward during wars.

Theoretically all opponents' villages may have been 3 starred while some members have attacks remaining, pretty pointless to enforce the rule then, no?

It hasn't been feeling very casual lately, it feels like a professional sports team.

Don't get me wrong, your work and dedication is appreciated and obviously getting results. Just don't want to see it get so serious that people start getting alienated.
It's irrelevant because of this. Let's say guys miss attacks in a slaughter like this war, and I let it slide. What happens when someone else in the clan fails to do the same thing in a war that we lose by 1 star, and that guys' attack could have easily cleared someone to add 2 stars? Everyone would be calling for that dude's head. So now I boot him, but he objects, "Hey, why me? If you boot me, then you should boot 'so-and-so', too." You say that you don't want the clan to feel like a professional sports team, but by looking at the outcome, which is something that we actually don't control, instead of whether or not guys are simply addressing what they can control (using attacks and listening to fellow clan members), then I will have, in fact, succumbed to that very caveat. Suddenly I'm moving the chains according to whether or not we're winning. That's a results-based approach to maintaining the clan. That's exactly how sports teams operate.

That's why the outcome is irrelevant: because I can't allow the outcome to dictate whether or not we're going to enforce the rule. Consistency is more important for being even-handed, fair, just. So I boot a bunch of guys in a slaughter, and I look like a dick. Well, I have to be a bit of a dick, but as you can see, I'm doing it so that everyone is treated equally. I often think of that quote from Shakespeare: "I must be cruel to be kind." In my life experience, not just videogame stuff, I've found that far too few understand this, and too few are willing to suffer some spiteful feelings from a position of authority to serve the greater good. That's the burden of genuine leadership, IMO. Sometimes you have to be unpopular.

I perceive that you fear that this clan is evolving towards a state where I'm booting longtime members like yourself for failing to get 3-stars. We're not. We're avoiding a separate rift: a different threat. Case in point: my former clan (to which King James also belonged). Well, exactly as I predicted, they failed to address their identity crisis in a consistent fashion. Well, they ended up reneging on their "casual" approach, and in the month after I left booted nearly a dozen players-- including three friends of mine who didn't follow me to JUST BLEED because they didn't want to commit to using war attacks and liked the "casual" label. Oh well, too bad for them. What's worse, they've never had a single war with perfect participation even after booting members like this. Another 4-5 members broke off and started up a clan, but it died, and only one member re-absorbed. A bunch of those guys don't play anymore. That's how badly the experience soured them. Probably the crowning moment, though, was when my older brother, in frustration (and probably drunk), booted a 10-year-old kid for a bad war attack (remember me in the OP complaining about kids in a beer-drinking clan?), and the rest of his family left: father, mother, brother. It's an IRL clan, too, so I suspect there's some IRL bad blood there.

I saw the lining in the clouds. There was a huge Facebook group chat where I essentially laid out this entire set of events as it unfolded, before it unfolded, and how/why it could be avoided, but they didn't listen to me. So I left. I got out before the storm hit. They're doing well, and the remaining members in that clan are happy, I think, but they've literally lost or booted nearly two dozen people since I left that clan (maybe more), and they still don't have clarity in how all of that gets decided.

Really, I wanted to set a precedent in this war so that guys would understand that our rule will be strictly enforced: evenly, fairly, dispassionately. Things got out of hand because I booted Memek so quickly, and he didn't violate that rule. I admitted I made a mistake. I tried to rectify it as quickly as I could, and it didn't work out. I can't do anything more about it now. I have no control over the past, so it's moving forward, now.

Keep in mind: I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a bit of common courtesy. If you make a failed war attack, and the leaders tell you that failing to draw cc will implode any attack before it begins, then direct you to the War FAQ where there is explanation & video demonstrating how to correct this as easily as possible....yet you deliberately choose not to review that material to see what you did wrong, then that's really rather inconsiderate, IMO. Everyone else in our clan has shown this courtesy. Everyone else has shown they take our only rule seriously. We'll find others who are willing to do the same, and wish to be a part of a clan where that is the expectation. I haven't exacted judgment here that all the guys remaining in the clan would fail to sustain with flying colors.

Last edited:
Well I feel like an asshole now.

I'm having to clean house in my clan. We have about a dozen inactives or barely actives and they are getting the boot. We are a casual clan with weekly wars, but you can't ever win with that many inactives.

I'm having to clean house in my clan. We have about a dozen inactives or barely actives and they are getting the boot. We are a casual clan with weekly wars, but you can't ever win with that many inactives.
Well here's our serendipitous silver lining. Guys, D Train has a casual clan. Any Sherdoggers who are put off by our strict demand for both attacks being used should consider applying with him. You're cool to advertise your clan, here, too, D Train, you're a Sherdogger. I bet Rory, Memek, and Jim would be happy to be with you, and they won't be inactive as these other guys (or at least to the same degree).

Everyone wins.

My clan is The Brotherhood (there are about a million by that name). Look us up or Add me on gamecenter (swept light) if you want in.
We have donation requirements and elders are awarded through donations.
We do have a ban on cussing because I really like it safe for kids (even though most of us are adults).
And of course we do have weekly clan wars.

How high are the THs in y'all's clan? Our highest is a 10, but we have lots of 9s. We encourage people to max out before moving up.

I can't allow the outcome to dictate whether or not we're going to enforce the rule.

Already did.

Lier infracted our rule by failing to use his second attack, but we can let it slide this time because he spent so much time brewing Friday to donate along with our other tops guys, and because the war was so obviously over, and it would have cost him quite a bit at his level to develop a legit war army for a war attack that would have been redundant.

It's a game on my phone that I play when I have a few minutes on the train.

This approach has already split this clan, so either way it's going to happen.

Last edited:
Already did.
Apart from booting Memek/Grock, no, it hasn't, and we've been over that.

Lier wasn't the only member who already missed a war attack who was forgiven. This was during the early "grace" period. We didn't have perfect participation until the fourth war. Several others already failed to use attacks in those first three wars including Slick & Jim (who failed to use both attacks in our second war). Carlos missed an attack. I'm forgetting who else, but there was 1-2 others. emceeGRENDEL and Q34 failed to use attacks this war and I didn't boot them outright. Lier has had perfect attendance since that opening war.
This approach has already split this clan, so either way it's going to happen.
No, it hasn't, and no, it won't. It jettisoned Rory and two guys he brought on board, who were invited back, then committed to leave. Slick has already been invited back if he chooses to re-join. Now everyone- including Slick if he chooses to come back- knows the consequences of not adhering to the rule. Nobody seems hung up on where we stand now except you.

Last edited:
This was during the early "grace" period.

Nobody seems hung up on where we stand now except you.

When I joined we hadn't had one war, the only rule was "participate".

When did this so-called "grace period" end?

Shit is getting made up as we go along, which is fair enough, just don't pretend like it was always the same.

I'm not hung up about shit, just trying to have a discussion. I thought this was the official Sherdog clan, but I guess it's the official Madmick clan? Just let me know either way.

When I joined we hadn't had one war, the only rule was "participate".
The only rule when you joined was as it is stated in the OP. That hasn't changed.
When did this so-called "grace period" end?
After the third war. I mentioned that numerous times in clan chat. I think I mentioned it in one of my posts in this thread, too.
Shit is getting made up as we go along, which is fair enough, just don't pretend like it was always the same.

I'm not hung up about shit, just trying to have a discussion. I thought this was the official Sherdog clan, but I guess it's the official Madmick clan? Just let me know either way.
You sound pretty upset, dude. We have a clear direction moving forward. Clan members who don't use both attacks will be booted.

Been running dragons, giants and 3 rage spells. Its practically a guaranteed 3 star but its so goddamn expensive. I want to research my dragons to lvl 2 before I upgrade my town hall to lvl 8. What's a good gold farming army look like? My usual giants, healers, archers and lightning isn't cutting it anymore.

Been running dragons, giants and 3 rage spells. Its practically a guaranteed 3 star but its so goddamn expensive. I want to research my dragons to lvl 2 before I upgrade my town hall to lvl 8. What's a good gold farming army look like? My usual giants, healers, archers and lightning isn't cutting it anymore.
I go 6 WBs, 4 giants, and the rest gobs. I don't try to win, I just hit the loot. I rarely use a whole army and it's cheap to build. I drop trophies rapidly using this approach, but they are easy to pick back up. I average probably 75k of each and it's not unusual to get well over 100k of one or the other.

Scrubido: I agree with what D Train says, and I'd add that it's nice to have a few archers in there for cc troops or to pick off targets at ranged distance.

The rules are very strict and I don't mind them but I do see reason to be lenient from time to time.

If we are destroying our opponents I see no reason to allow the top clanners to not use their attacks. They're donating so much so committing more resources to snag 1 star would not make sense imo. This would be with our leaders giving that option.

I like the strictness of this clan but maybe we can give multiple warnings? Some of us are really committed n helping out so I would hate to see any dedicated longstanding member booted.

Madmick u are doing an awesome job btw!

This is just a reminder for the top guys (#1-#6) to please donate to war cc before the war begins tomorrow. We're going to need it. I'll probably be asleep when it starts.

I've never seen a mismatch this stark from CoC's pairing algorithm. I have a suspicion this was due to how lopsided our previous victory was (85-53).

JUST BLEED vs. BzH2.0
TH10: #1-#4 vs. #1-#4
TH9: #5-#7 vs. #5-#10
TH8: #8-#15 vs. #11-#22
TH7: #16-#22 vs. #23-#25
TH6: #23-#25 vs. none
Aggregate TH disadvantage= -13

Over half their clan is a full Town Hall above their corresponding opponent in our clan. If we win this, I'm stealth-joining their clan with an alt just to talk shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back