SHFT Pro Wrestling Discussion 176: Zack Gowen Could Do A Better Figure Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should've snapped and gone heel to feud with Hogan back then. MISTER Backlund in the 90's was awesome.

I agree but he refused to go heel
Instead he went to the NWF and Pro Wrestling USA
Man the horrible promos he gave on Pro Wrestling USA are some of the worst television ever recorded
I think he mighta been a full retard there for awhile

It's a shame Stan Hansen didn't accept Vince's offer to be the top heel after No Holds Barred.

Former WWE star CM Punk was backstage at this past Saturday night’s Ohio Valley Wrestling special event in Louisville, Kentucky. Punk was likely there to support his friend and former WWE star Cliff Compton, who won the OVW Heavyweight Championship.
The report notes Punk was backstage and only
spoke to trainer Rip Rogers, a wrestler named
Trailer Park Trash and Compton. Talents
backstage were reportedly told not to bother
Punk, and the former WWE Champion left with
Compton and was not seen by fans.
The OVW event is the first pro wrestling show
CM Punk has attended since he quit WWE earlier
this year.

Via WrestleZone.

It's a shame Stan Hansen didn't accept Vince's offer to be the top heel after No Holds Barred.

Hansens run in the AWA is one of my favorites
He was such a great bad ass brawler heel with his big fat wife and nine kids

Cliff Compton was a WWE star?
And lol at Punk being such a special little princess that people arent allowed to approach him
What a *********

Mickie James is ratchet. lol, I like that

I've always read that he was a boring champ though.

Boring in the ring, terrible on the mic and a ginger
Whats not to like?

Have you ever seen the promo he did after he lost the belt?
Hes sitting on a couch with his wife and daughter and hes talking in the same tone that Gomer Pyle was right before he shot the Drill Sergeant in Full Metal Jacket
Its so creepy

Bob Backlund certainly wasn't "Mr. Personality" and he was kinda goofy, but I personally don't think he was boring in the ring. He was one of the very best technical/mat wrestlers in the wrestling business and enjoyable to watch wrestle for me. To each their own on that I suppose. At any rate, I think Bob Backlund generally gets underrated, especially as a draw.

She's pretty and a decent wrestler no doubt. That's it though. IWC neckbeard smarks put her on a pedestal because of...well, you know.

I try to stay out of these constant & silly AJ Lee arguments, but.... yeah, some definitely put AJ Lee on pedestal and others don't give her enough credit & that's what you're doing there. Whatever one thinks of her in the looks department, she's definitely not a bad looking woman, and I'll leave it at that when it comes to her looks. She's not an all-time great worker or anything like that, but she's better than decent in the ring. Besides those things though, AJ's also got personality, charisma, & she can talk. Some overrate her & some underrate her, some like her & some don't like her, but I think anybody who pays attention & actually watches AJ Lee should be able to see that she's the most complete female talent WWE has right now.

Eh, Stan Hansen was better off in the Land of the Rising Sun than he ever would've been in the cartoony McMahonland of the time. Hansen had a great run against Bruno in the '76 and he fit into that era of WWE (WWWF). You never know, but I think he'd have fit into the late 80's/early 90's era of WWE about as well as Dick Slater did. Now if Stan Hansen was a few years younger, he could've been awesome during the Attitude era.

Cliff Compton was a WWE star?
And lol at Punk being such a special little princess that people arent allowed to approach him
What a *********
He was a tag team with Snuka's son (they had a 50's greaser gimmick).

10142%20-%20deuce%20domino%20promotional_image%20sunglasses%20wwe%20wwe_tag_team_championship.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuce_'n_Domino

Oh I remember them
I thought it was a good name and a good gimmick

What, blind Hansen crippling the roster with his stiff Japanese offence? Vince wanted cartoon characters. Hansen would have fitted in as well as Hogan vs Duggan on an Iranian card.

Vince would've given him some stupid over-the-top cowboy gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back