How much can Ronda Rousey benchpress?

Probably more than a good amount of her haters here

Indeed, very highly unlikely. This would make Liz Carmouche close to an elite female powerlifter (ie people who are not drug tested for their sport at all, and who only train big compound lifts). The women's record at 132 lbs is a 300 lb bench press.

225 x 6 assumes a roughly 260 lb max bench. ie 87% of the world record. That would be like telling me there's a fighter in the 205 lb division who benches 500 lbs (87% of 575, which is between the 200lb and 220lb totals for men). I'm not buying that shit.

Thats very accurate those are basically my numbers.

Just called Edmund, apparently Ronda bench's the entire universe for 5 sets of 8-10 reps.

A forty* pound difference in bench is a fairly large gap.

It's almost 90%.

Men's record for 231 pounds is 640. You think there is a LHW in the UFC that can do 575?

It's almost 90%.

Men's record for 231 pounds is 640. You think there is a LHW in the UFC that can do 575?

Gonna be honest, not exactly sure what we're arguing here. I don't know the context of what I quoted you on lol. I don't think anyone in the UFC can put up 575 on the bench

Indeed, very highly unlikely. This would make Liz Carmouche close to an elite female powerlifter (ie people who are not drug tested for their sport at all, and who only train big compound lifts). The women's record at 132 lbs is a 300 lb bench press.

225 x 6 assumes a roughly 260 lb max bench. ie 87% of the world record. That would be like telling me there's a fighter in the 205 lb division who benches 500 lbs (87% of 575, which is between the 200lb and 220lb totals for men). I'm not buying that shit.

Sorry dude. Didn't read your post before I posted basically the exact same thing.

WGAS about bench press? go look at how that polish strongman can performs in mma and get back to me.

Yep. Tim Sylvia's take down defense was too much for the world's strongest man.

Well you only have to touch your chest....Ronda is at a disadvantage compared to the other female fighters

Muscle Mag says she can do 100 Lbs for 15 reps.

http://www.musclemag.com/the-ufc-all-strength-team/8/

"According to Leo Frincu, the California-based trainer who has worked with Rousey for much of her career, she can power-clean 135 pounds for a single, squat 160 for 20 reps, bench-press 100 pounds for up to 15 reps and bang out 40 to 50 unbroken conventional push-ups."

So probs around a 150lb 1rm for bench. Based on that in terms of strength alone no she wouldn't be able to hang with a same sized male fighter.

Muscle Mag says she can do 100 Lbs for 15 reps.

http://www.musclemag.com/the-ufc-all-strength-team/8/

"According to Leo Frincu, the California-based trainer who has worked with Rousey for much of her career, she can power-clean 135 pounds for a single, squat 160 for 20 reps, bench-press 100 pounds for up to 15 reps and bang out 40 to 50 unbroken conventional push-ups."

100 for 15 reps is very believable. That puts her max around 160 or so. That puts her around the level of a lot of elite female athletes who aren't powerlifters or weightlifters.

In and of itself though, her bench press numbers wouldn't do much to maker her a better fighter.

If Carmouche can bench 225 lbs for 6 reps, I think that Ronda can certainly bench morr than that

That is a ridiculous amount of strength on a 135lb (ok, probably 150 at fight time) girl.

How..the..hell?

Liz wrote on her fan page in 2012 that she'd benched 265 lbs btw ( can't post the link because HTC manufactures the best smartphones )

Just cause she said it doesn't make it true. Sounds like she's on Dolce's system for reporting numbers. 225 for a 1rm would be a little hard to believe for a girl who isn't even a power lifter. Athletes always give ridiculously inflated #s for their lifts.

Back