Papers stolen in Israeli raid on Tehran archive reveal extent of Iran’s weapons research

The first paragraph clearly states that these are from 15+ years ago. Nobody was disputing that they wanted a nuclear bomb at one point.

"While Iranian officials halted much of the work in 2003, internal memos show senior scientists making extensive plans to continue several projects in secret, hidden within existing military research programs."

You must have conveniently missed this part huh?

If they really had a clandestine Nuclear weapons program that was mature enough to produce a bomb either the last decade or this one, why would they not have hidden it way before the Deal.

Pakistan went nuclear in 1998 after India had been nuclear for a few years. Brazil and Argentina went through the same process but never detonated a nuclear bomb. Iran kicked off its nuclear program after fears of Iraq developing a nuclear bomb. After the U.S. invasion of Iraq, that threat was gone, but not the Iranian nuclear program.

HAHA! Ts is like: BECAUSE ISRAEL SAID SO!

Pakistan went nuclear in 1998 after India had been nuclear for a few years. Brazil and Argentina went through the same process but never detonated a nuclear bomb. Iran kicked off its nuclear program after fears of Iraq developing a nuclear bomb. After the U.S. invasion of Iraq, that threat was gone, but not the Iranian nuclear program.
But it has never been proven that Iran was building a bomb. Israel , and more specifically Netanyahu, constantly moaning that Iran is about to get the bomb , is not proof. Bibi has been claiming this since the mid 1990s.

Why dont Iran just get the bomb from Russia, Pakistan, China, or NK? How difficult can that be? They can ask for the research, and just recreate everything, and pretend like they did it themselves, so no one suspect outsiders.

But it has never been proven that Iran was building a bomb. Israel, and more specifically Netanyahu, constantly moaning that Iran is about to get the bomb, is not proof. Bibi has been claiming this since the mid 1990s.

I don't really care about Israeli claims. The U.S. and the CIA have about the same level of intelligence and information. Iran has the same level of physicists as India, and better ones than Pakistan and North Korea. They have been going at this issue for years. To me there is more than enough proof Iran already has a bomb or can put one together in 12 months. Same case with Brazil. Brazil, much like South Africa, decided not to pursue the nuclear option, but the country has everything it needs to put a bomb together. They already have a small space program in place.

Powell-bedauert-seinen-Auftritt-vor-der-UN.jpg
giphy.gif

Why don't Iran just get the bomb from Russia, Pakistan, China, or NK? How difficult can that be? They can ask for the research, and just recreate everything, and pretend like they did it themselves, so no one suspect outsiders.

Bingo!
Very good question my friend. Saudi Arabia has already purchased a few nukes from Pakistan. Like ordering a Domino's pizza. I doubt Russia or China would sell them any. North Korea does not have enough to give away. But Pakistan is a whole different animal. I'm more concerned about a nuclear armed Pakistan than I am with a nuclear armed Iran.

Pakistan has a corrupt government and culture. Just look at the history between the U.S. and Pakistan. Why do you think Osama bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan? Why do you think the Americans did not tell the Pakistani government about their upcoming raid on the bin Laden compound? The Pakistani military is not very reliable in securing their nukes. Pakistan has a nuclear black market. India would not sell nukes to Iran.

Iran is Persian and practices Shi'ism Islam (Muslims). Pakistan is made up of Sunni Muslims. Not sure if religion would be an issue, but yes, they could do just that -- buy a nuke. But Iran does not need help. They have everything they need to build a bomb. My guess is that they already have one, a rudimentary atom bomb - not thermonuclear. They would most likely want to say that they don't need outside help to build up a stockpile of nuclear weapons. National pride, like India, North Korea, and Pakistan.

Last edited:
Bingo!
Very good question my friend. Saudi Arabia has already purchased a few nukes from Pakistan. Like ordering a Domino's pizza. I doubt Russia or China would sell them any. North Korea does not have enough to give away. But Pakistan is a whole different animal. I'm more concerned about a nuclear armed Pakistan than I am with a nuclear armed Iran.

Pakistan has a corrupt government and culture. Just look at the history between the U.S. and Pakistan. Why do you think Osama bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan? Why do you think the Americans did not tell the Pakistani government about their upcoming raid on the bin Laden compound? The Pakistani military is not very reliable in securing their nukes. Pakistan has a nuclear black market. India would not sell nukes to Iran.

Iran is Persian and practices Shi'ism Islam (Muslims). Pakistan is made up of Sunni Muslims. Not sure if religion would be an issue, but yes, they could do just that -- buy a nuke. But Iran does not need help. They have everything they need to build a bomb. My guess is that they already have one, a rudimentary atom bomb - not thermonuclear. They would most likely want to say that they don't need outside help to build up a stockpile of nuclear weapons. National pride, like India, North Korea, and Pakistan.

AQ can hide in Pakistan forever if they suck up to the Pakis enough. No way we can invade Pakistan. Any enemy we have in A-Stan can always count on Pakistan as a safe zone.

Israelis went on a super secret mission deep into enemy territory to expose the evil Iranians once and for all? Seems legit.
Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

Why don't Iran just get the bomb from Russia, Pakistan, China, or NK?

All they really need is U-235 (Uranium). Yes, I'm sure Pakistan can sell them that. They could steal it also, like the Israelis did with American Uranium. Russia can't account for all its nukes from the Soviet Union days. Pu-239 (Plutonium) has also gone missing from Russian nuclear reactor facilities. Someone has U-235 and Pu-239 for sale. No doubt about that. Question is the amount. A bomb needs about 140 pounds of enriched uranium. About 2 pounds of uranium undergoes nuclear fission. Here in the U.S. you can buy U-238 on eBay legally or at www.unitednuclear.com.

Last edited:
Self serving secret info presented by the jewish state ...... shocker.

Self serving secret info presented by the jewish state ...... shocker.
What are you saying, that our closest ally, and trusted advisor Israel would lie? The Jewish people would never stoop so low, they're historically a very honorable people.

Israel making big claims about Iran developing weapons..... excuse me whilst I try and take this seriously
giphy.gif

This site needs more MASH gifs

Easily in the top 10 greatest shows ever made, and I wouldn't bat an eye at a single list that had it at #1

Easily in the top 10 greatest shows ever made, and I wouldn't bat an eye at a single list that had it at #1

Godspeed. One of the few shows I didn't mind that my parents forced upon me. I remember bawling when radar read the news about Henry Blake.

yeah it was on all the time when I was a kid, it was a really great show, especially considering the setting for it is a warzone it was funny lol

yeah it was on all the time when I was a kid, it was a really great show, especially considering the setting for it is a warzone it was funny lol

It was funny as heck, but then also managed to somberly touch on serious issues about the Vietnam war that was actively going on at the time it was made through MASH’s setting of the Korean War, and then get back to the funny and making you love the characters

Shows just aren’t able to do it like that anymore

Back