‘Climate Change’ Is No More Credible than Magic Says Top Physicist

id be willing to bet that thats a drop in the bucket compared to millions of cars and tens of thousands of factories.

and then theres the issue of this being a likely natural cyclical warming period, even without our influence to a degree.
I don't think there's any way with all the complexities involved to figure out how to fix
No. Very early in earth's development, there was a lot more volcanic activity.
We are coming out of an ice age that featured woolly mammoths and saber tooth tigers less than 12,000 years ago and the Earth has been warming ever since. Now that humans have injected so much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere it is warming even more. Everything we do depends on adding more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The solution is going to be messy. The one thing I do know is that the Earth is going to be spinning long after this grievance is addressed.

no no no, we can measure that the earth is warming.

there's a loose correlation that says that CO2 is the main cause of it. Liberals insist it's a damn fact that CO2 is the cause, and if that's the case, what will the temperature rise to in 10 years, and if yall can predict that, then we'll work on how to expand the rainforest to combat the issue.

I thought the bone of contention was not that CO2 was the cause, but how much effect it was having?

Surface radiative forcing, and the measurements of such, are part of the empirical evidence that CO2 is part of the cause of warming.

We know CO2 absorbs and re-emits longwave radiation. If we increase the proportion of CO2, more warming will occur.

From Wikipedia:

"The Guardian reported in June 2016 that Lindzen has been a beneficiary of Peabody Energy, a coal company that has funded multiple groups contesting the climate consensus."

So what's the alternative? Repeal all restrictions on emissions and live in a toxic paradise like the Chinese do?

Maybe human influenced global warming is a myth, maybe it isn't. Nobody actually knows for sure, and it doesn't matter if you're talking about regular people like us, or educated scientists like the guy this thread is about. You can find plenty of scholarly people arguing both sides.

We do know that completely trashing our environment is a bad thing, and much of the environmental movement is in place to prevent this happening, regardless of whether global average temperatures go up or not.

2F32FBB300000578-0-image-a-55_1449663460700.jpg

Yeah, because it's either all or nothing, right? :rolleyes:

if you piss in your pool over and over, the water chemistry will change. if you take shit out of the ground and turn it into a gas long enough, the atmosphere will change. very simple.

If I piss in the pool, it won't change the the chemistry enough for anybody to notice.
Just like if the amount of CO2 increases from 300 parts per million to 400, it likely won't produce a noticeable change.
Even if it does, Earth and it's inhabitants have survived much worse than whatever is in store due to some increased carbon.
We have much more important things we should be focused on like asteroids, solar flares, WW3, ect....

The big corporations are basically just punks pissing in our swimming pool.
It's annoying and gross, but if you pretend it doesn't exist, you can keep swimming happily.
They only evacuate the pool if some spaz graces us with a floating turd.

If I piss in the pool, it won't change the the chemistry enough for anybody to notice.

which is why i stated, if you "keep doing it." ever owned a pool?

Just like if the amount of CO2 increases from 300 parts per million to 400, it likely won't produce a noticeable change.
Even if it does, Earth and it's inhabitants have survived much worse than whatever is in store due to some increased carbon.

well youre clearly an expert. debunked an entire field of science from your armchair. people's careers made pointless from your random musings and internet searches. well played.

We have much more important things we should be focused on like asteroids, solar flares, WW3, ect....

can we not worry about them all? why are you eager to remove climate change from your list of dangers here?

I don't think there's any way with all the complexities involved to figure out how to fix

LOL! the arrogance of people in this thread.

well.......if it escapes you how these issues can be resolved, i guess the rest of us should give up hope as well.

We are coming out of an ice age that featured woolly mammoths and saber tooth tigers less than 12,000 years ago and the Earth has been warming ever since. Now that humans have injected so much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere it is warming even more. Everything we do depends on adding more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The solution is going to be messy. The one thing I do know is that the Earth is going to be spinning long after this grievance is addressed.

why would a possible solution be messy? provide tax cuts for companies that become greener. thats a good start eh? why is that so messy??? because of fear mongering outlets bought by the fossil fuel companies "OMG the liberals want to destroy the economy!!! the economy runs on gas, and we'll go back to the stone age!!! the terrorists will win!!!"

LOL! the arrogance of people in this thread.

well.......if it escapes you how these issues can be resolved, i guess the rest of us should give up hope as well.

why would a possible solution be messy? provide tax cuts for companies that become greener. thats a good start eh? why is that so messy??? because of fear mongering outlets bought by the fossil fuel companies "OMG the liberals want to destroy the economy!!! the economy runs on gas, and we'll go back to the stone age!!! the terrorists will win!!!"
I find it amusing that you think legislation in the United States is going to solve a global problem that nobody truly understands Nations such as India and China are adding more dirty Coal Fire plants daily. All your solution is going to do is bring down our standard of living while not solving the problem.

I find it amusing that you think legislation in the United States is going to solve a global problem that nobody truly understands

lol so its beyond our grasp? may as well not make an attempt. youre an expert and know that other experts just dont get it.

Nations such as India and China are adding more dirty Coal Fire plants daily. All your solution is going to do is bring down our standard of living while not solving the problem.

how will it bring down our standard of living? is that what the oil bought media told you? it is a global problem, but no one is going to do shit if the US doesnt lead in this.

lol so its beyond our grasp? may as well not make an attempt. youre an expert and know that other experts just dont get it.

how will it bring down our standard of living? is that what the oil bought media told you? it is a global problem, but no one is going to do shit if the US doesnt lead in this.
Obama said under a cap and trade plan that energy prices will "necessarily skyrocket". That's just going to be great for the average American. It's funny that the same people that want the United States to take the lead on this do not want the United States to take the lead on anything else.

Obama said under a cap and trade plan that energy prices will "necessarily skyrocket". That's just going to be great for the average American. It's funny that the same people that want the United States to take the lead on this do not want the United States to take the lead on anything else.

so cap and trade is the only way to tackle this lol?

why not give tax breaks to companies that go greener? pro business. why arent republicans suggesting this? because theyre bought.

so cap and trade is the only way to tackle this lol?

why not give tax breaks to companies that go greener? pro business. why arent republicans suggesting this? because theyre bought.
Tax breaks for corporations huh? Spoken like a true conservative. I knew we could get you on our side.

Calling the kettle black when you consider that physicists believe +90% of everything is made of something we cannot measure with any current instrument.

People with blind faith in mad made climate change ridicule anyone who presents a case against it.
They attack the credibility of the source, rather than the arguments.
Why is this? The science must not be nearly as conclusive as they would love to believe.
Whereas skeptics rarely claim 100% that it is a hoax.
They tend to remain open minded, realizing the complexity of the subject.
Yeah, they're probably open-minded to the "complexity" of the Flat Earth theories, too.

Ridicule is deserved.

arctic-sea-ice-comparison.jpg

And this is from 10 years ago...
Warming before man burning fossil fuels:

loopglac.gif

For its entire history, human civilization has existed in a relatively short inter-glacial warming period. I have more to fear from cooling than warming. Google "Milankovitch Cycle" for real climate science.

Last edited:
BREAKING -- Scientist makes judgement call on issue outside of his field of study!

Tax breaks for corporations huh? Spoken like a true conservative. I knew we could get you on our side.

well, you just assumed that im a liberal. i am on some issues and not on others.

id totally be cool with tax breaks being offered for companies that go greener. there is a reason why republicans dont make these suggestions even though its a very conservative position.

I love how this clown lumps climate change skeptics in with flat earthers.

Back