Media “Did anybody in here score it for Volkanovski?” - Dana at PostFightPressConference

A random bum with 0 UFC fights could be given a fight tomorrow and beat Volk for the belt....doesn't mean they deserved the shot just because they won.....

What a sh** comparison.

A random bum” wasn’t on a 14-fight win streak or defended the Title multiple times including 2 consecutive finishes of the divisions GOAT.

Volk edged the rounds with point fighting, never once putting Max in any serious danger or threatening a finish.

In my book, a Champ of that caliber losing a decision in that fashion deserves the chance to redeem himself especially when he himself had no problem in allowing the previous Champ the same.

People counted out Max, saying he had nothing for Volk and yet in all of the ten rounds they’ve fought the two most decisive rounds occurred in the rematch and belonged to Max.

Max won a clear 3-2, fucking robbery.

Max should have spent less time making those retarded tough guy faces. He's an absolute plonker. Hope he loses again.

I agree with you completely.

Volkanovski is 2-0 against Holloway. Why would anyone want to see Volkanovski vs. Holloway 3 (especially when the Featherweight Division has so many powerful assassins in it)? There are many exciting contenders to make Volkanovski mix it up with.

1. Chan Sung Jung (especially if he can eliminate Brian Ortega).

2. Brian Ortega (especially if he can eliminate Chan Sung Jung).

3. Arnold Allen. He currently has an MMA record of 16-1. Allen is also riding a 9-fight winning streak (which is wonderful). Allen is 1-0 against Lentz. Allen is 1-0 against Melendez.

4. Ryan Hall. He currently has an MMA record of 8-1. Hall is also riding an 8-fight winning streak. Hall is 1-0 against Penn. Hall is 1-0 against Maynard. Hall is 1-0 against Elkins. Hall is 1-0 against Lobov.
What a fucking lunatic

It was a toss up based off how the scoring system works. I realize Max is a fan favorite, but you guys need to relax
Exactly. This is one of those fights that really points to the weaknesses of the round by round 10 point must system.

I had Max winning... but I've only watched it once and I was rooting for Max. Very close fight. Wish fights were judged as a whole.

They just like Max, Max blew it although he at least put up a better fight than the first one. Volk came back and stole it but the stats are surprising. They have Volkanovski landing more significant strikes every round add 3 takedowns to that and its easy to see how Max blew it. He was losing the first too imo before dropping Volk.
Exactly. Rounds 1 and 2 were both pretty close rounds where Max was able to land shots that hurt Alex. The thing is, Alex wasn't out of it and covering, he was swinging right away and Max who is known as a combination puncher wasn't really able to land many good combinations and he looked worse as fight went on. In professional combat sports the impression you leave counts as well and Max really looked bad in the last 2 rounds, he was missing a lot and didn't look fresh, where as Alex was landing a lot of power shots. Some people are whining how Alex was boring but the same people would be praising him as a super sharp puncher if it weren't Max on the other side, because most fighters would have been out after that many power shots, Holloway's too tough for his own good. Close fight, but the rounds Max won were close rounds where he was just able to stun Alex for a few moments and wasn't able to follow up on it, where Alex's rounds were one sided + he really landed a lot of hard shots on Max's face consistently while dodging most of Max's serious shots.

Volk is the lamest champion. Just spam leg kicks and go for takedowns with no follow up at the end of round.

Max landed the best shots throughout the fight and dropped volk twice. It was a clear 3-2 victory for Max. Ugh volks fighting style is horrible
Wait...Did you say Volk is the Lamest champion? Did you miss the main event last night?

if panic wrestling is putting it on him, then yes.
Thats just a bit of GSP rubbing off on Volk. You should be proud.
And panic wrestling? He wasn't hurt, he wasn't tired, so how is it panic wrestling?

What a sh** comparison.

A random bum” wasn’t on a 14-fight win streak or defended the Title multiple times including 2 consecutive finishes of the divisions GOAT.

Volk edged the rounds with point fighting, never once putting Max in any serious danger or threatening a finish.

In my book, a Champ of that caliber losing a decision in that fashion deserves the chance to redeem himself especially when he himself had no problem in allowing the previous Champ the same.

People counted out Max, saying he had nothing for Volk and yet in all of the ten rounds they’ve fought the two most decisive rounds occurred in the rematch and belonged to Max.
Bull. rounds 1 and 2 would have gone to Volk if not for the knockdowns. the most decisive rounds of the 10 where rounds 2 and 3 of their first fight.

I personally had Max 3-2. It’s a shame that fights aren’t scored as a whole instead of the bullshit boxing scoring. Max had two Knockdowns and landed the most impactful shots of the fight. The T-Rex Volk landed a bunch of touch leg kicks and very little that was significant.

It’s the sheep effect. We’ll read later how many media members scored it for Volk. The guys in the room did the same thing for when he asked if anybody scored it for Moraes when he beat Aldo.

Nobody wants to be THAT guy to disagree with Dana because then that turns into an argument of it’s own. It’s all good tho, when everyone gets over it in a couple of days and goes to Watch the rematch they will see how Volk can win the 3rd round.

It’s more interesting that a judge gave Max the 5th round and that’s how he got a win on 1 judges scorecard. Nobody talking about that tho : /

*Crickets*

nobody in the media?”

*Crickets*

yeah, so, we’ll have to work it out

@1:50

<3>To all you fools saying Max didn’t deserve the rematch.

Knew he was losing and needed some cheap points to win over the judges = panic wrestling.
I mean, he won rounds 3 4 and 5, so I don't think it was cheap points. And he also outstruck max in every round, so max only won the rounds with the knockdowns.

Meh. Holloway won rounds 1-2 more dominantly than Volk won round 4-5 but there were no 10-8's. All comes down to how you scored Round 3 imo and I had it for Volk.

Thats just a bit of GSP rubbing off on Volk. You should be proud.
And panic wrestling? He wasn't hurt, he wasn't tired, so how is it panic wrestling?
When GSP take u down, u don't get up. Volk couldn't control max for shit.

You can’t leave it in the hands of the judges is Dana’s way of avoiding the question because he can’t rip the champ he is stuck with now. He has to promote him and can’t give max another rematch

Back