“Islam’s best win is Dan Hooker”

It's hard to say when Arman was at his first fight out of the bush leagues.

That transition was rocky for Islam too, no way he's getting KOed by Martins now.
Watch the islam-arman fight, Arman would've beaten A LOT of highly ranked lightweights that night. He's technically an amazing wrestler/grappler. Thats why i say some guys don't need to be slow cooked, they're ready from the get go.

The fact that you two (and many others) have the sheer audacity to even verbalize that Charles is scared to fight any man in the LW division is borderline blasphemy at this juncture. Oliveira in his last 3 fights has outstruck the hardest hitters in LW history and that isn’t even his bread and butter. He also has the most subs in UFC history. Guy is on another level of confidence and skill right now. He has found his glow. Charles isn’t worried about fighting either of them I feel that he A) feels it’s undeserved and B) wants to make some big money and as arguably the most entertaining prize fighter on the roster he deserves to call some fucking shots after these performances.

I personally don’t mind the ISlam fight I think Olives hurts him bad and finishes where he wants but I just hope he gets some PPV points or something to show for it because nobody deserves it more than that man.

Champions who are only 2 fights into a title run don't "deserve" money fights against non-contenders who are on 0 - 3 skids in a deep division. That's silly, and the kind of circus shit people came to hate about boxing.

Pride used to have Fedor do the odd circus fight, but he kept really busy and never pretended they were title defenses.

The "Islam hasn't earned a title shot" yet is also rich coming from Charles, who was on a shorter win streak mostly made up of people outside the top 20 before beating 2 - 3 Kevin Lee and the broken husk of Tony Ferguson.

When you hear a statement like that, you know you’re talking to a casual who think Conor is the best fighter in the world and that Brock is #2.

Islam beat Tsarukyan. That’s something no one else will be doing for years. Arman will be more heavily ducked than even Islam was. These top guys are terrified of him.
Yes and Tsarukyan also doesn’t have any top wins though.

I don’t understand what’s so confusing about this. Typically, your first fight against a top fighter isn’t the champion. It doesn’t mean that Islam and Tsarukyan aren’t great fighters or couldn’t beat Oliveira.

What you’re saying is like if people were insisting Shavkat Rakhmonov fight for the title next.

For as much hype as Chimaev had, even HE has to fight two top five guys before a title shot.

his best win is actually dan hooker ranking wise.

he needs to beat someone in the top 5 before fans will take him seriously.

between the inactivity and the countless pullouts the guy should really earn his spot at the top

instead of it being handed to him, he may deserve it, as he does have the skills to pay the bills.

everyone in the top 5 has skills too.

was khabib or islam at this last event?

did they create scate gate? was it the russians? trying to save khabibs legacy? lol

so it his fault that bariel and rda pulled out forcing him to fight green and hooker in the short notice.

When you hear a statement like that, you know you’re talking to a casual who think Conor is the best fighter in the world and that Brock is #2.

Islam beat Tsarukyan. That’s something no one else will be doing for years. Arman will be more heavily ducked than even Islam was. These top guys are terrified of him.

What rank was Arman when he fought Islam ?

Oh thats right, that was Arman's first fight in the UFC and it was on short notice.

His best win is Hooker and(shocker) that was on short notice as well, then he went on to beat the veteran Bobby Green *!SHOCKER ALERT!* also on short notice.

You are the casual my friend, you won't know what you are talking about if you are looking only at their sherdog pages.

Jog on junior.

<{cruzshake}>

I trust Khabib. He would never push someone, if he doesn’t believe in him. Charles Oliveira knows that, he’s on burrowed time.
Yeah, okay White Belt. Oliveira finishes him inside 2 Rounds, KO, Guillotine, or RNC.

Who has Islam faced that’s geared him up for a TS? Hooker nor Arman count. Islam looks laughable, bc he’s never been tested.

conor got his title shot beating denis siver nobody called him a top 5 fighter

Conor's FW run > Islam's LW run anyday.

Conor went 7-0 with 6 KOs to get the title shot (beating Mendes the nr 1 guy) with all the hype around him from the first fight.

Islam is 11-1 and got KO'ed badly in his 2nd UFC fight. The hype he build is when he recently finished non top 5 fighters on short notice while being a friend of Khabib.

You can hate all you want, but that is facts.

<WhatItIs>

Oliviera nuthuggers honestly out here shit talking a man who retired because his father (who was his trainer) died of covid.

Goes to show how truly classless Charles’ fans are. Like these dudes would be calling someone for ducking if he had to retire because he got cancer. Pathetic stuff.
Most of them don't give a shit about Charles. They are Conor fans or Khabib haters who just want to see someone else surpass Khabib's legacy.

I am an Oliveira fan because of how unexpected his rise has been, how exciting his fights are and how great a person he is but I don't think he is better than Khabib. He will probably lose to Islam although Oliveira can definitely knock him out. Hopefully we find out soon.

Last edited:
islam is as bad as conor, tweeting after every fight looking for a title shot. and or attention.

trying to skip the top 5 dudes who been putting in the work to be where they are.

not saying he couldn't beat them, just saying he hasn't.

beating bobby green and the shell of dan hooker doesn't really warrant the number 1 contender status.

he did get a huge bump in the rankings without actually beating anyone near the top 5.

dont come at me with dan hooker who just got destroyed at 145. who else did he fight in the top 10?

let him fight dariush when he is healthy and if/when he wins, he gets the shot anyways right?

its already a pretty good deal right? piece of cake. whats with all the crying?

dagestanis probly the ones that fucked with the scale last weekend to get the ball rolling

its nobodys fault but his own that he sat in khabibs shadow for so long.

Exactly why he wants them to fight each other then wants Islam to waste time fighting another top 5 opponent afterwards.
It’s not like Charles has a huge say in the matter. And your year of constant whining is beyond lame. It’ll happen when it happens. If you’re so confident he’s going to be champ just relax, and enjoy.

It’s not like Charles has a huge say in the matter. And your year of constant whining is beyond lame. It’ll happen when it happens. If you’re so confident he’s going to be champ just relax, and enjoy.

You calling me a whiner? Lol. You're one of the most angry, negative posters on here.

Yeah people don't realize he's signed and showed up to fight RDA and Dariush, but they both pulled out and he had to fight Hooker and Green. He won both fights. It's not his fault his opponents mysteriously drop out all the time.

We realize it perfectly fine. It still means he didn't in fact beat those better fighters. Signing to fight =/= fighting. He didn't fight RDA and Dariush, he fought Hooker and Green.

Which is his issue. He just doesn't have good wins.

It's also been 3 months and he's still got no plans besides simply sitting out hoping for a title shot. Meanwhile people are still acting like he's still active and his opponents just keep dropping out and preventing any further fights to actually beat anybody. No, he's just content to rest on his mediocre wins.

Which is his next issue. He doesn't want to have good wins. He just wants the belt now.

Which ain't so great. Dan's very quickly becoming Cowboy.

Charles begged Dana White to book Islam vs Dariush. He also begged Dana to give Islam another fight if he beats Dariush.
Both Islam and tsarukiyan will beat Oliveira. They are his nightmare match ups.
Chandler had more problems with the guard of Tony Ferguson than the guard of Oliveira.

"Begged".

So dramatic.

It makes your intent to paint Charles in a negative light as well as your bias plain as day.

Olives wants a money fight and has been taking out a murderers row lately. I'm not opposed to them fighting next, but there's nothing wrong with him asking for a money fight while Islam solidifies his title shot. His performances have earned it.

Imagine watching Charles' last three fights and still going out of your way to hate on him because you're so obsessed with another fighter, lol.

I trust Khabib. He would never push someone, if he doesn’t believe in him. Charles Oliveira knows that, he’s on burrowed time.

Folks at AKA have said that Khabib was better than Islam.

If Islam spanks Charles, it's going to say a lot in regards to What Khabib would have done to him.

Back