“Multiple Time Champion”

gonna get my belt back is a figure of speech

It's the Title they want back

the belt stays with the fighter no matter what

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Think about it like coming back to sherdog to get your black belt again. X5 time black belt holder sounds way more impressive.

I noticed Woodley put this on his Twitter next to his name. Looks fucking stupid.

What is this nonsense where title defenses get treated as winning the title multiple times? If you win a title and defend it 5x, you’re a 1x champ, not 6x champ.
it's better than losing the title.
plus being the champion doesn't necessarily mean you're fighting the best it means you're fighting the next guy in line

The UFC belt I'd uglier than that red monstrosity tbh. ONE and Bellators belts are better looking too.

ONE being the best right now.
They need to get something like the AEW HW championship.

I'll vote for the guy who won the belt once and never lost it over the guy who loses the belt many times and has to win it back.

It's just wording for accolades. If you win 5 title fights and are "just" a 1-time champ it sounds less impressive than actually losing fights and winning it back.

The Jake vs. Woodley fight is the most recent example, but I remember Jon Jones saying this before.
Well Jon did keep getting his belt taken away from him and having to win it back, for reasons….

What is this nonsense where title defenses get treated as winning the title multiple times? If you win a title and defend it 5x, you’re a 1x champ, not 6x champ.

It's correcting a 50+ year old mistake. It was nonsense for losing the title to be considered a positive thing if you could regain it. The only way to win more titles was to lose your belt more times and that was just the stupidest thing merit wise in all of sports.

By this logic GSP's resume is superior to Jones BECAUSE he lost to Serra and this enabled him to become a 2x WW champ. Just pure insanity.

Tbf Jake Paul is probably considered a ten time world champ with the way boxing belts work. Despite never beating anyone with a win in the sport
He had to bring his own belt, even for Boxing standards he still doesnt have one.

being a multiple time champion doesn't mean anything either, so you're special BECAUSE YOU LOST THE BELT? wow
IDK, losing the belt then regaining it isn't something a lot of guys acheive.

It's correcting a 50+ year old mistake. It was nonsense for losing the title to be considered a positive thing if you could regain it. The only way to win more titles was to lose your belt more times and that was just the stupidest thing merit wise in all of sports.

By this logic GSP's resume is superior to Jones BECAUSE he lost to Serra and this enabled him to become a 2x WW champ. Just pure insanity.
Jones had to re-win his title too, just not for the same reason.

Holly Holm "18 time world boxing champion" has never finished someone with punches.

Back