Media “Umar is better than Khabib and Islam” ~ Ali Abdelaziz

Do you agree?

• Total voters
More technical maybe, but Nobody from that camp is a better fighter than Khabib. Ali just doing his usual to promote other dagestanis from that camp. Yawn

Umar is the future champ... 💯

Ali promoting and trying to hype up one of his clients. Nothing to see here.

He's not even a lw isn't he 145

I just don't believe such a gap can be reliably filled in a couple years of "working on wrestling"
Yes, Umar has been wrestling forever, Cory is really not gonna overcome the wrestling deficit even if he trains diligently at it. I used to train striking with Shogun's muay thai coach, but my striking still sucked, because I'm just not very good at it, even with good coach lol

5 wins in the UFC and is thought to be better than the scariest lightweights ever as a bantamweight.

i suppose its different saying he has more potential in his division than they did but saying he's better too is silly

Just have Umar vs Cory in 5 round fight, not in the middle east. I think Umar wins fairly comfortably, while Cory has been working on his wrestling, we haven't actually seen him face a wrestler since getting dumpstered by Aljo, he also lost to Emmers via wrestling and if you want to argue Dillashaw who was decrepit, he was still taking Cory down and getting back body locks. Not only does Cory lack the grappling and wrestling background but he's a super skinny and lanky 5'11 Bantamweight while Umar is a much more muscular, lower center of gravity and stronger 5'8 BW. I just don't believe such a gap can be reliably filled in a couple years of "working on wrestling"
What's the significance of the "not in the Middle East" qualifier? If you think Umar will win comfortably, then it doesn't matter where they fight.

What's the significance of the "not in the Middle East" qualifier? If you think Umar will win comfortably, then it doesn't matter where they fight.

It does matter you goose. Cory is the one who has ranked wins and was a title contender, he's doing Umar a favor taking the fight he hasn't earned. To do it in the middle east where there's no commission is ridiculous. It should be 5 rounds and stateside, I still think Cory loses but that's not the point.

It does matter you goose. Cory is the one who has ranked wins and was a title contender, he's doing Umar a favor taking the fight he hasn't earned. To do it in the middle east where there's no commission is ridiculous. It should be 5 rounds and stateside, I still think Cory loses but that's not the point.
Ok, so you are afraid Umar is going to cheat with the help of whichever Mid-East country they fight in?

Anyway, I agree it should be 5 rounds and , since Cory is the one giving Umar the shot, he should get "home field" by fighting in the US. Personally, Cory should be next for a TS after Merab, other fighters would have just waited, but that's a whole different discussion.

Can't believe some people Sandhagen has a chance against Umar. It's laughable how ducked he is.

Yes, everyone's ducking because they didn't want to fight a guy who has only beaten low level guys and wasn't even in the top 10.

Umar would've done nothing for anyone, ranking-wise. Literally everyone in the top 15 has multiple way better wins than he has. He has 0 ranked wins. I don't get how this guy got to skip over guys like Mario and Martinez and is fighting Cory just because of his last name and because he whined so much about the top fighters and Suga not wanting to fight him lol.

Usman is the most polished of them all considering his age. He’s better than Khabib and Islam at the same age of 25.

Another brilliant opinion from Ali, he's pulling a Dana White.

With that pre-frontal lobe of his how can he not be right?
1992.jpg

Yes, everyone's ducking because they didn't want to fight a guy who has only beaten low level guys and wasn't even in the top 10.

Umar would've done nothing for anyone, ranking-wise. Literally everyone in the top 15 has multiple way better wins than he has. He has 0 ranked wins. I don't get how this guy got to skip over guys like Mario and Martinez and is fighting Cory just because of his last name and because he whined so much about the top fighters and Suga not wanting to fight him lol.
Same could be said about Islam, it's an issue with the rankings. Doesn't mean he won't be a favorite when those fights get booked, and that's the real problem. We know who is better, but still rankings can be squatted.

Same could be said about Islam, it's an issue with the rankings. Doesn't mean he won't be a favorite when those fights get booked, and that's the real problem. We know who is better, but still rankings can be squatted.

No, we don't know who is better, because Umar doesn't want to work his way up and just wants to be given spots everyone else is working for.

And no one is rank squatting. Umar wasn't even ranked and had/has no ranked wins, and he was whining about not getting title eliminators and/or a title shot. Why would the top fighters care about a guy like that?

Why does he not want to fight the 10-15 guys first? He's had fights booked against good prospects before, but he pulled out of every one of those, apart from the Shore fight, where UFC cancelled it. Shore still fought so clearly he was ready to go. So Umar pulls out of those fights, fights way worse guys, and now he's supposedly better than everyone and everyone else is rank squatting?

If this guy had a different last name and was out there calling for title shots off of unranked wins over opponents that other fighters have beaten just as easily or even easier, we'd all ignore him.

Islam and Khabib need to fight Bekzat Almakhan as well so we can have a benchmark

Yes, Umar has been wrestling forever, Cory is really not gonna overcome the wrestling deficit even if he trains diligently at it. I used to train striking with Shogun's muay thai coach, but my striking still sucked, because I'm just not very good at it, even with good coach lol

Umar grew up mostly kickboxing. Khabib actually delayed Umar's transition to the ufc because he thought umar's grappling level wasnt ready

Back