“We don’t do gimmick fights” - Dana White

cm-punk.gif

Ken Shamrock has like a dozen fixed fights in MMA. Some in Pancrase, some in PRIDE, & some in the UFC... why would anyone possibly need proof of one individual fixed fight in Bellator.

It's like saying you need proof that any of Nobuhiko Takada's fights are fixed... they just are. Fucking watch them.

He also said he does money fights
So, he is a walking contradiction

Ken Shamrock has like a dozen fixed fights in MMA. Some in Pancrase, some in PRIDE, & some in the UFC... why would anyone possibly need proof of one individual fixed fight in Bellator.

It's like saying you need proof that any of Nobuhiko Takada's fights are fixed... they just are. Fucking watch them.
Which ones in Pride and ufc? Explain yourself.

Dana just makes the fights that people wanna see. If it fits that very loose criteria, than it’s no longer a gimmick fight. That said, Zuck by TKO rd. 1.

Isn’t this the guy that’s serious about Zuckerberg and Elon?

Dana wants the UFC to be PRIDE more than anything. He still carries that chip on his shoulder from 20 years ago. He understands the avenue that must be traveled to get to where he needs to go, and gimmick fights are the main source of transportation.

Whatever he says in the media, we here have all been around long enough to know what's really going on. I imagine Endeavor likes the sound of it, spectacle is what brings in real money.

I think you're right.

Also... I sure as hell don't care if the UFC offers up a freak fight from time to time...

I don't think it takes away from the "sport" in any way.

For all intents and purposes,, Brock was a "freak fight" that evolved into a Champion.... Ya never know.

The thing is. Musk and zuck are 10x bigger than dana and the UFC, why would they need him to promote their fights? Stream it on facebook and twitter and it will get a billion views.
They are also smart business men and recognize that the UFC has the best platform to monetize that fight.

Best tool for the job.

Back