Opinion “Women are not paid their fair share” President Biden

Well, in the article you posted the revenue split doesn't seem to be exactly equal.

$12.3M is a lot less than 53% of $60M.

It's in the NBA's interest to subsidize the women's league. It helps get women and especially young girls interested in the sport.

They should be happy to get paid at all to play a sport hardly anyone watches and a league that’s never turned a profit.

lol

They still get paid a decent amount, to travel the country, and sometimes the world, while getting paid to play a GAME by a league that has never made a profit.
Hell, put me in the game, coach!

Last edited:
I didn’t say they shouldn’t subsidize them.

It’s a nice token and allows girls to play a good game.

The CBA creates the split, but even so, even if they had 50%, they would have to rely even more on the subsidies from the NBA to make that happen. Still wouldn’t be in the same league as the NBA.
LOL @ not in the same league.

I don't pay attention to this rhetoric during campaigns. Biden didn't say anything about Clark, the NBA, the WNBA, etc. He made a bunch of generic statements.

Women in sports inspire us. <-- True for the most part.
Even if you're the best, women aren't paid their fair share. <-- Probably true, for a variety of reasons.
We should give our daughters the same opportunities as our sons. <--- Very true.
Women should be paid what they deserve. <-- Very true.

There is not a single detail in those statements that is really debatable. Everything that follows comes from people projecting their beliefs and opinions onto the otherwise generic statements.

And that's why I ignore it. The politician has said nothing of substance but the people are debating their perspectives on current events and attributing a position on current events to the politician, even though it never happened.

Political manipulation of the masses 101.

I don't pay attention to this rhetoric during campaigns. Biden didn't say anything about Clark, the NBA, the WNBA, etc. He made a bunch of generic statements.

Women in sports inspire us. <-- True for the most part.
Even if you're the best, women aren't paid their fair share. <-- Probably true, for a variety of reasons.
We should give our daughters the same opportunities as our sons. <--- Very true.
Women should be paid what they deserve. <-- Very true.

There is not a single detail in those statements that is really debatable. Everything that follows comes from people projecting their beliefs and opinions onto the otherwise generic statements.

And that's why I ignore it. The politician has said nothing of substance but the people are debating their perspectives on current events and attributing a position on current events to the politician, even though it never happened.

Political manipulation of the masses 101.
Agreed. That’s why I said I wished our politicians didn’t gaslight the populous.

Clearly, this was in reference to the Clark contract. However, by keeping it vague, it perpetuates the idea of a gender wage gap to keep people angry.

In reality, the Clark contract, in economic terms, is disproportionately beneficial to her when considering the profit of the WNBA.

Hey, we can't have a whole thread go by without some rightist bringing up the transgender "issue."
I feel this way about a lot of threads posted here. Not just on trans but never sticking to topics and just throwing out either trump, biden or not so relevant points.

Agreed. That’s why I said I wished our politicians didn’t gaslight the populous.

Clearly, this was in reference to the Clark contract. However, by keeping it vague, it perpetuates the idea of a gender wage gap to keep people angry.

In reality, the Clark contract, in economic terms, is disproportionately beneficial to her when considering the profit of the WNBA.
Re: Clark, I don't know if her contract is beneficial to her or the WNBA and genuinely don't care. I've never paid attention to WNBA salaries because it's well known that there's more money in overseas leagues for women basketball players. It's similar to how I don't pay attention to the salaries in the Chinese basketball leagues because the best paying league is here, not there (or MLS salaries...who cares what the MLS pays?)

In reality, her contract is probably very beneficial to the WNBA. And unfair to her. All of the top 4 draft picks get the same salary. So, Caitlin Clark, who is objectively the most famous woman's basketball player at this moment in time, is getting paid the same as the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pick...women whose names you probably can't come up with and wouldn't know even if someone told you, lol.

The WNBA will market the hell out of her and hope to boost league interest and ad revenue. If she performs, she'll get increased marketing opportunities. But her real playing wages are going to come from playing in Russia and the other international leagues.

Lol the NBA isn't a men's league, it's an open league. Women can play in it and make top league dollars. The fact that they have their own league, that is completely dependent on the open league for its survival shows forced equity is on full display

Back