Opinion “Women are not paid their fair share” President Biden

As I said, there is a legitimate dispute about the size of the gap and about the reasons. See the link @nostradumbass posted and lied about for some discussion about it (not the final word of course).

From the piece:

Goes on. I'm not doing original research on this so I'd rely on the same sources. But the headline is just that there is a gap in earnings between men and women (men make more). Some portion of it is likely due to difference choices men and women make.
I guess that’s where the gaslighting occurs.

There is a gap between what a software engineer makes and what a quality assurance analyst makes.

There are reasons for the gap.

When you claim there is a wrongful gap between men and women without reason, it is misleading and brings people to anger.

I guess that’s where the gaslighting occurs.
I know Republicans feel obligated to drop "gaslighting" whenever there is any disagreement these days, but it's a form of abuse. It's not just saying facts that upset the partisan narrative.
There is a gap between what a software engineer makes and what a quality assurance analyst makes.

There are reasons for the gap.

When you claim there is a wrongful gap between men and women without reason, it is misleading and brings people to anger.
Well, the extent to which and manner in which sexism plays into the observed gap is a matter of dispute.

As it relates specifically to the WNBA, people have pointed out that it's largely a function of the market. The league generates a much smaller amount of revenue so the headline pay is lower and it's unprofitable so the percentage going to labor is lower. But that's the kind of discussion that should follow. When you try to take a shortcut (to "anyone who disagrees with Republicans is gaslighting or whatever the trendy insult is") you make your own errors.

I know Republicans feel obligated to drop "gaslighting" whenever there is any disagreement these days, but it's a form of abuse. It's not just saying facts that upset the partisan narrative.

Well, the extent to which and manner in which sexism plays into the observed gap is a matter of dispute.

As it relates specifically to the WNBA, people have pointed out that it's largely a function of the market. The league generates a much smaller amount of revenue so the headline pay is lower and it's unprofitable so the percentage going to labor is lower. But that's the kind of discussion that should follow. When you try to take a shortcut (to "anyone who disagrees with Republicans is gaslighting or whatever the trendy insult is") you make your own errors.
is taking something out of context, without merit, in an effort to incite anger and question beliefs, not gaslighting?

Biden, in reference to this contract, makes a broader general claim about unfairness in pay.

This takes a specific situation, mixes it in with vague generalizations, in an effort to get people to either jump to defense or offense about a particular subject.

That’s what the word is.

Why is it only in this country that man that have no best interest for women other then saying who is hot or not constantly talk about women betterment. I mean women play sport in other parts of the world and quietly have created volleyball leagues bball league football leagues and pay lot more then they pay women in so called country that fights for women rights

Yes, the amount of professional WNBA players is low.

Why is it low?
— lack of revenue.

it’s pretty simple, if they made more money collectively they would get paid more money individually.

If ‘you’ want them to make more money, start buying their jerseys, go to their games, watch their games on TV.

He’s right. Hunters art work wouldn’t have sold for half as much if he was a woman

Yes, the amount of professional WNBA players is low.

Why is it low?
— lack of revenue.

it’s pretty simple, if they made more money collectively they would get paid more money individually.

If ‘you’ want them to make more money, start buying their jerseys, go to their games, watch their games on TV.
Ha, nobody is doing that. Easier to just sit and yell at clouds and the internet.

Why is it only in this country that man that have no best interest for women other then saying who is hot or not constantly talk about women betterment. I mean women play sport in other parts of the world and quietly have created volleyball leagues bball league football leagues and pay lot more then they pay women in so called country that fights for women rights

Blame all the women who refuse to watch Women's sports.

Also... have you tried watching a WNBA game from start to finish?

It's true. They should be paying the NBA, like how strippers pay the strip clubs to dance.

For real though I think the WNBA should lower the rim level to 9 feet. That way you'll get more dunks, which is a lot more exciting than fundamentally sound jump shots. Volleyball nets are lower for women than men

Ps putting this gem here

lowering the rim has been proposed several times and WNBA players have all gave the same answer on how they think it devalues their game...or something along those lines. WNBA was happy to make their balls smaller and their 3 point liner closer...but proposing a shorter basketball is where the line is drawn.
Saw a video where a retired player was saying that her daughters will be dunking, so its a few generations away from seeing dunks on the regular in the WNBA.

As for pay gap, in professional sports, where you play in a league...that ALL depends how much revenue you are bringing in. Like you said, WNBA has been subsidized since Year One, the league has never made any money.

Yep. Same with the NFL. Any woman who is good enough to make a team can play there and earn a lot of money. I wonder why they don't.

Yeah, regardless on people's views on the wage gap, using pro female sports leagues compared to male leagues as an example is really dumb. Biden should probably hire a better social media team...after someone explains to him what social media is...and what the internet is...and what a connected device is.

is taking something out of context, without merit, in an effort to incite anger and question beliefs, not gaslighting?
Actually no, though that's not an accurate description of what happened. Gaslighting is when you try to cause someone to question their own perception, generally over a long period of time. Comes from a movie. Recently been used to just mean disagreeing with Republicans.

He has a point in regards to the individual. No point at all based on sex.

The only reason he's got a point is because that player Caitlin Clark draws eyes. Whether or not it carries across to the wnba I dunno. U guys go nuts about college sport for some reason. So it mightn't reap the same results in the pros. But if she maintains popularity with increased popularity? I'd imagine she'll have impressive merch sales. Although. It could be the rivalry that drew the spectators. Not her

I think they had 19million watching her play in march madness. More than men's college basketball. Which is pretty crazy women's collegiate basketball got more viewers than the men's.

There's still no such thing as a gender pay gap.

lowering the rim has been proposed several times and WNBA players have all gave the same answer on how they think it devalues their game...or something along those lines. WNBA was happy to make their balls smaller and their 3 point liner closer...but proposing a shorter basketball is where the line is drawn.
Saw a video where a retired player was saying that her daughters will be dunking, so its a few generations away from seeing dunks on the regular in the WNBA.

As for pay gap, in professional sports, where you play in a league...that ALL depends how much revenue you are bringing in. Like you said, WNBA has been subsidized since Year One, the league has never made any money.
They really are their own worst enemy. They already made concessions based on their physical features, like having a smaller ball. That was for them, now make a concession for the fans, and lower the rim. That alone would make their game 200% better. Ass in seats=cash and treats.

He has a point in regards to the individual. No point at all based on sex.

The only reason he's got a point is because that player Caitlin Clark draws eyes. Whether or not it carries across to the wnba I dunno. U guys go nuts about college sport for some reason. So it mightn't reap the same results in the pros. But if she maintains popularity with increased popularity? I'd imagine she'll have impressive merch sales. Although. It could be the rivalry that drew the spectators. Not her

I think they had 19million watching her play in march madness. More than men's college basketball. Which is pretty crazy women's collegiate basketball got more viewers than the men's.

There's still no such thing as a gender pay gap.

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think there was a man in the top 5 highest paid college Basketball players.

Blame all the women who refuse to watch Women's sports.

Also... have you tried watching a WNBA game from start to finish?

This guy did. Sorta:

73577985-12333943-After_draping_himself_in_a_blanket_the_prankster_then-a-70_1690263060714.jpg

And now he's banned from attending WNBA games for life.

More great logic from the left.

Apparently I should be able to as make as much money showing my wang on OF as a 10/10 female model. Hopefully Biden will correct this soon.

Back