Opinion “Women are not paid their fair share” President Biden

She is doing both. Pushing for a raise and trying to get other positions, but u like you, she doesn’t have tons of pubs. She was more a fundraiser getting millions in grants, but all she hears is “need more pubs”
Yeah, publications help for sure and help the academic institution to recruit etc. I never had to get grants but helped my PI write some of them and proof. Its big pain for sure. Perhaps there are strictly researchers who just write grants and those like your wife that pull in lots from fundraising. The fundraising piece I was never a part of. Many academic researchers have such bland personalities they dont have the chops to fundraise. Doing fundraisers etc is a different level that I was never exposed. Hopefully she can get the position that best suits her abilities or they give her a promotion. Research is a cutthroat world. My PI was small potatoes as far as MD Anderson goes. We focused on gynecologic oncology and the money isnt as good. If you dont get the money then they continually squeeze your lab until they push you out. Years after I left he was eventually pushed out.

Well.... there it is gif. Brininging in eyes and putting butts in seats will bring the money. She will likely do well. The tv deal to show 36 of their 40 games will help bring more eyes to the WNBA as well. Curious to see how she does myself. I will watch and have never watched a WNBA game. I dont get all the crap she is getting from players in the league. She will help get all of them raises provided she continues to produce.

Yeah, publications help for sure and help the academic institution to recruit etc. I never had to get grants but helped my PI write some of them and proof. Its big pain for sure. Perhaps there are strictly researchers who just write grants and those like your wife that pull in lots from fundraising. The fundraising piece I was never a part of. Many academic researchers have such bland personalities they dont have the chops to fundraise. Doing fundraisers etc is a different level that I was never exposed. Hopefully she can get the position that best suits her abilities or they give her a promotion. Research is a cutthroat world. My PI was small potatoes as far as MD Anderson goes. We focused on gynecologic oncology and the money isnt as good. If you dont get the money then they continually squeeze your lab until they push you out. Years after I left he was eventually pushed out.

A promotion could only be provost, president, or something adjacent to one of those. She runs the biggest program with the most majors, students, professors, buildings-yet her salary is less than some deans with 1/10th of her responsibilities and staff/students and is even paid less than someone she supervises who only has a masters and was once one of her students. This person is a female, oddly enough, but it is clear my wife deserves a raise.

lowering the rim has been proposed several times and WNBA players have all gave the same answer on how they think it devalues their game...or something along those lines. WNBA was happy to make their balls smaller and their 3 point liner closer...but proposing a shorter basketball is where the line is drawn.
Saw a video where a retired player was saying that her daughters will be dunking, so its a few generations away from seeing dunks on the regular in the WNBA.

As for pay gap, in professional sports, where you play in a league...that ALL depends how much revenue you are bringing in. Like you said, WNBA has been subsidized since Year One, the league has never made any money.

Lowering the rim is not the solution IMO. Lowering to even 9 foot would still mean the vast majority of the women wouldn't be able to dunk.

The ones that do would still be barely dunks with 10 inch verticals.

True solution: get a whole bunch of men to transition and introduce them into the league. People would definitely rage-watch that.

Lowering the rim is not the solution IMO. Lowering to even 9 foot would still mean the vast majority of the women wouldn't be able to dunk.

True solution: get a whole bunch of men to transition and introduce them into the league. People would definitely rage-watch that.
The Future of Womens sports is Men.

A promotion could only be provost, president, or something adjacent to one of those. She runs the biggest program with the most majors, students, professors, buildings-yet her salary is less than some deans with 1/10th of her responsibilities and staff/students and is even paid less than someone she supervises who only has a masters and was once one of her students. This person is a female, oddly enough, but it is clear my wife deserves a raise.
The subordinate making more is extremely strange. Maybe some political things working against her. Doesn't really make sense. Definitely she should be looking around. Seems like even if they agree to a raise it may be an uphill battle for her. Politics in that world is definitely a thing.

From what I understand, every one of Clarks games is sold out at this point. Courtside seats were going for well over 1400 in Indiana. I don't think the WNBA Has ever had such a big name enter the sport, so it's possible this is going to inject some life into it.

That being said, of seen the crowds at some of the pro woman's hockey games, and they've been bigger than some WNBA games and barely anyone knew they existed. So the WNBA only has one direction to go at this point.
yes, because the college model works better for womens basketball, and probably better in general. It's structured soft of like the superbowl, and yes, college ratings dwarfed the wnba.
This nonsense has been debunked so many times... Did Joe really try to pull this tired ass rabbit out of his hat again to pander for votes?
yes, and soy boys eat it up every single time

Lmao at this white privilege endorsement. Our explosive sisters punching air rn.
Ahh yes...the ever elusive "White Privilege" is like the distant relative of the Unicorn... No one can prove its real and only bat shit retards believe it actually exists.

Ahh yes...the ever elusive "White Privilege" is like the distant relative of the Unicorn... No one can prove its real and only bat shit retards believe it actually exists.
LaMello signed a shoe deal at 16. LeBron signed out of hs. Mikey williams signed one at 19. Players are signed on making the company money be they white or black imo.

Caitlin is a mega star and very fun to watch, but nobody cares about the rest of the women. In all honesty, she should be making millions and the rest of the women should continue to make what they're making until they can generate interest

The solution is get talented women in the game who aren't raging feminists/BLM/whatever else. Clark is a hooper who can pull up from the logo. She's also chill.

Back