✝️ R.I.P. BIGWAVERIDER The Greatest Sherbro of All Time!

That's heartbreaking. BWR was truly one of the kindest and most generous people I've known. He always valued everyone else above himself even though he was the best of us in many ways. I was around when he first started shooping and it was incredible how quickly he went from eager-to-learn to eager-to-teach. Whenever I included a stupid little background joke in one of my shoops or learned a cool new trick in After Effects, he always seemed to point it out and make me feel validated. Without even knowing it, he helped me get through some difficult times in my life just through his kindness. I haven't been around here much recently and hadn't talked to him in a while, but I'm very thankful for having known him and will miss him greatly. It's so sad that he's gone but amazing to see that his legacy will live on through all of the people that he's mentored or otherwise affected during his time here.

My condolences go out to his family, including his Sherdog family.

R.I.P., my friend.

Hey Emp, awesome to see you around bud. Wish it was under better circumstances.

Please check your PMs when you get a chance.

Last edited:
Condolences to his family, he was a great guy. I must say, I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been stickied yet, given how important he was to so many people here. Will be sorely missed here, RIP.

Last edited:
Condolences to his family, he was a great guy. I must say, I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been stickied yet, given how important he was to so many people here. Will be sorely missed here, RIP.

I'm sure it will be at some point but it's best in the heavies for as long as possible before the staff decide to sticky it.

Sherdog HOF needs to be created asap and brother Michael should be the first one to get inducted.
Dude was always there for us. Whenever we needed a shoop, he’d got it done in no time. I’m happy he liked and praised some of my shoops.

I couldn’t get through even a few pages of the touching tributes to this man. I’ve been a member of this site for a long time. I haven’t had any interactions with him as I’m a huge lurker. But anytime I saw there was a shoop thread I just HAD to check it out to see his stuff. He seemed to be the coolest and most talented shooper here. That’s saying a lot as there are many. He seemed to be so kind and helpful to anyone trying to learn what he could do. I’m just so sad that he’s passed way. My drinking day has just started early now. First few drinks in memory of BWR.

Back