Crime 1,000 cats rescued in China from being slaughtered and sold as pork, mutton

Chinese tonight?

• Total voters
I guess thats why there was 2000 cats in the truck
Billions left to serve. They really should consider the logistics. Get those breeding programs going, China. We hungry out here.

Reactions: lsa
who will rescue all those pigs, chickens , and cattle , from daily slaughter house ?
imagine the amount of blood that has to be spilled daily due to all those poor misslead humans eating these unfortunate animals ?

who will rescue all those pigs, chickens , and cattle , from daily slaughter house ?
imagine the amount of blood that has to be spilled daily due to all those poor misslead humans eating these unfortunate animals ?

Thats not really the issue.
Cats are slaughtered and sold as pork and mutton.
I dont think pigs are sold than anything else than pig/ pork..

How would you feel going for a nice meal with pork only to later find out it was cat?
And do you think these gangs slaughter the cats in a healthy way or in a place thats up to code?

I don't really care what animals they eat on the other side of the world.

Yeah thats not the issue..
Cats are sold as PORK or MUTTON.
Its not like people are ordering a portion of kitty.

You would not take issue if you order as pork dish and later found out it was slaughtered back ally cat?

I think its interesting that they can sell it as either pork or mutton. Quite a big difference in taste in my opinion.
But when its 2000 cats, in one truck it feels like industrial scale. So how common is this?

and what else are sold as "pork or mutton"?
It a big issue I think , health wise.
You have no clue what you are actually eating and if its dangerous for you or not.

This isn't just meat, they do it for absolutely everything. Cutting corners and making a buck at the expense of others is rampant. Counterfeiters will take empty used bottles of a foreign brand of beer or drink and they'll take them to a factory and fill them up with fake product, often contaminated with heavy metals and pollutants because all ground water in China is contaminated. Then they'll sell them to unscrupulous business owners who will then sell it to the public as a sealed, "new" product, with a large markup because foreign products as seen as trustworthy (i.e. not poisoned) by Chinese people. The customer has no way to know which products are the real deal.

In restaurants, they'll give clients cutlery and plates in sealed plastic bags to showcase that they've never been used before, but in reality they clean the cutlery in the nearby river and seal it to make it look like it's never been used. Restaurants will also collect the 'spittle oil' (oil left in the plates of previous customers) to re-use in the plates of new customers. Oil salesmen will go around scooping up the dirty restaurant oil from the sewers, removing the debris from it, and bottling it in new vegetable oil bottles which look indistinguishable from the real deal. Just like for the fake drinks, they'll go around selling their fake vegetable oil to local restaurants and shops - who by the way, know it's fake oil they're buying because of the price, but don't care because it allows them to save a buck.

Now i want some chinese food not going to lie. Wonder if wonton soup is better with cat meat?
tumblr_m4ywyuZIDi1qgvz2q.gif

Just what world needs more cats. We call them pets while to most they are a nuisance . Still remember all the wild cats in Italy.
No, you're a nuisance. With your allergy and all.

Nuisance animal finds a purpose in the world, I can imagine the sounds echoing from a million cat farm to not be very pleasant.

Surprised that is even illegal in China

Reactions: lsa
So you would not care if you ordered a pork or mutton dish and got served cat?
Well good for you, personally I would be pissed off.

If it tasted good, I wouldn't care. That said, it should be advertised properly. If it tasted good and was priced well, I would order it.

If it tasted good, I wouldn't care. That said, it should be advertised properly. If it tasted good and was priced well, I would order it.

Well yeah,,
That is kind of the issue isn't?
They are sold as mutton and pork.
They put 1000 cats on a truck and went to slaughter them in god knows what facility. I dont think I am wrong to assume that the cats are not checked for diseases or even slaughter in a facility that is up to code and cleared by the health inspectors.

Surprised that is even illegal in China

They gotta draw the line somewhere.

But to be honest, I dont think its about animal cruelty.
Its the fraud thing. Selling them as pork/mutton.
In the article they mention how a dog owner was tested positive for covid so the put down her/his dog by hitting it with a shovel...

Back