***#1 Ranked UFC Welterweight, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no pro but I think at the end of each round, permitted you're standing, you should throw some flying ninja voodoo style kick. You can never go wrong with flying ninja voodoo style!

seriously though, even considering round 4 of the first fight you weren't far off from that belt. You got this!
Ha ha ha flying voodoo kicks I like it lol but thanks a lot my friend

I don't want to ask fight strategy questions because I have no expectation of strategy being discussed beforehand, so more dumb questions on the way.

Do you plan on giving Tyron a rematch (Maia deserves his shot)?

Do you already have a place picked to display your belt?

Just wanted to say Steve, I had my third Kenpo based Kickboxing class tonight, I am loving it!

Any tips you have for someone who is just getting started? And should I take pure Kenpo classes to up my game?

Also how can I develop my head movment and counter punching ability?

Hi Stephen

GL against Woodley

With the announcement GSP is close to finalizing things, would there be any issue with you guys as friends and past training partners that you would not fight each other if he decides he wants his belt back?

I def like the money maker combo.. you'll see it combo in my first fight in the UFC.. aaaannd I'm not sure bc I like to use all kinds of kicks but the hookkick is a tricky one
Oh yes the one you knocked Dan Stigen out cold with! That made me an instant fan.

That is probablt my favoetie kick too. Sometimes i use your hook kick KO of Ellenberger as my avatar. One of my favorite moments in combat sports.

I'll be in attendance for UFC 209 really looking forward to the event. I'm curious do you have any interest fighting Maia or GSP? Also, who are you picking for the co-main event at UFC 209?

Just wanted to say Steve, I had my third Kenpo based Kickboxing class tonight, I am loving it!

Any tips you have for someone who is just getting started? And should I take pure Kenpo classes to up my game?

Also how can I develop my head movment and counter punching ability?
That's awesomebyou training kendo lol but yea I def recommend it for starters.. our best fighter from ourSchool comes from our Karate program..

Would you ever think of going up or down a weight class to challenge someone?

Hey @Stephen Thompson

I`m a huge fan man, i`m always watching your fights and trying to study your movement to mimic it in training. Your style is just a beauty to watch.

In the first fight Woodley was backing up in a very hesitant, stationary way against the fence which is something he does a lot in his fights. You were very hesitant to open up when he did that, i think because you were respecting his power-rightfully so-but do you think you should have capitalized more on that mistake of his and open up more by showing more of your creative, unique arsenal of striking? Is that something you think you can adjust and succeed in the rematch?

Thanks in advance for the response.

Hi Stephen! Big fan of yours!! I just had a gruelling sparring, a "shark tank" type deal. Have a fight in a couple of weeks. During the sparring session I was completely exhausted and fatigued, having a lot of doubts about myself now. Completely normal during a hard training camp right??? Lol

Hi Stephen. Was it hard emotionally to fight your friend, Rory Macdonald?

If you could time travel where would you go and what would you see/do.

I'll be in attendance for UFC 209 really looking forward to the event. I'm curious do you have any interest fighting Maia or GSP? Also, who are you picking for the co-main event at UFC 209?
Not sure who I'll be fighting after this fight with Tyron. GSP is one of the reasons why I switch from kickboxing to mix martial arts he's a good friend of mine I would hate to have to fight him. So to be honest with you I'm a fighter and I'll find anybody in my division

Not sure who I'll be fighting after this fight with Tyron. GSP is one of the reasons why I switch from kickboxing to mix martial arts he's a good friend of mine I would hate to have to fight him. So to be honest with you I'm a fighter and I'll find anybody in my division
Stephen, I'm a huge fan. Did any of your kicks come from tkd or did you learn most of your moves from your father?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back