10,000 kettlebell swings plus PPL?

HatchetHarry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would this be way too much volume? I just finished doing Layne Norton PHAT for 6 months and changed to a PPL. I am 210 lbs right now at 6' and was planning on cutting some weight before a cruise in December. I hate cardio and don't count macros but I can eat pretty much full ketogenic if I want. I was looking at the 10,000 KB swing challenge and am interested. I was thinking of continuing my PPL just a little reduced then doing my swings.

Today is Push-
4 sets 8-12 incline db
4 sets weighted dips 6-8
3 sets Bradford press
3 sets lateral raise
3 sets lying tricep ext
3 sets ring flies

Then my 500 KB swings broken into 10-25 rep sets using a 54lb and 35lb bell.

Is this a recipe for Rhabdo?

Yeah if you do 2500 swings a week with the lift between sets they recommend, and you aren’t bitching out on bell weight, it’ll be more than enough for you to lose weight. I lost inches off my waist doing it, it’s a great program

There are tons of ways to lose weight/fat without cardio (hint: most of it starts in the kitchen), so why pick that specific program which will need you to train specifically for it, meaning most likely at the detriment of other exercises? Any reason?

Just so that it's clear it's a genuine inquiry, if you tell me "just for the sake of it, sounds fun" then it's fine with me.

Tried this. No way. One set. This has to be done back to back?

Don't fuck around with the program. Do it as prescribed.

Back