Media 11 years ago, George St-pierre defeated Nick Diaz in a highly anticipated fight.

Diaz def didnt deserve it,but even though most educated fans had GSP winning,it was still a hot fight at the time to see.

Crazy...11 years ago already, i remember back then it made a big hype and was highly anticipated in Montreal, since Nick Diaz was the Strikeforce champion back then if i remember correctly.

You're wrong. Diaz had just lost and the hype for GSP fight was forced and coming off a loss, undeserved and only because of his fan following did he get one. And no he wasn't SF champ UFC had bought SF years prior

You're wrong. Diaz had just lost and the hype for GSP fight was forced and coming off a loss, undeserved and only because of his fan following did he get one. And no he wasn't SF champ UFC had bought SF years prior
Hendricks should have gotten the fight. He was coming off wins over Fitch, Kampmann and Koscheck. The Kampmann KO was brutal. Nick got Dana White privilege.

I remember Nick sooking his way to a title shot and then getting completely dominated by GSP.

Was good times lol.

Hendricks should have gotten the fight. He was coming off wins over Fitch, Kampmann and Koscheck. The Kampmann KO was brutal. Nick got Dana White privilege.

Nobody was talking about that fight.

Diaz 1,3,5, being on a 12 fight win streak and the last Strikeforce champion was a much bigger discussion and draw.

Even when the Hendricks fight was booked, it was one of the least anticipated fights in Georges championship run, and turned out to be have one of the lowest buy rates for Georges.

Few people were even taking Hendricks seriously as a contender and was limited to a guy with one punch, who was going to be exposed quickly, during the build up to that fight.

Nobody was talking about that fight.

Diaz 1,3,5, being on a 12 fight win streak and the last Strikeforce champion was a much bigger discussion and draw.

Even when the Hendricks fight was booked, it was one of the least anticipated fights in Georges championship run, and turned out to be have one of the lowest buy rates for Georges.

Few people were even taking Hendricks seriously as a contender and was limited to a guy with one punch, who was going to be exposed quickly, during the build up to that fight.

People were absolutely talking about Hendricks. 3 wins over top contenders, 2 of them via brutal KO. First fighter to knock out Fitch in the UFC. Hendricks was ranked above both Nick and Condit. Weird you would say this, you know you have posts from this time about Hendricks right?

People were absolutely talking about Hendricks. 3 wins over top contenders, 2 of them via brutal KO. Hendricks was ranked above both Nick and Condit. Weird you would say this, you know you have posts from this time about Hendricks right?

Nobody was clamoring for the Hendricks fight over the Diaz fight. There was no outrage. People got what they wanted.

There was still more outrage over the Condit decision.

The buy rates prove it.

The Diaz fight did significantly better. The Hendricks fight sold pretty poorly over all.

Nobody was clamoring for the Hendricks fight over the Diaz fight. There was no outrage.

Did you read before replying? You literally have a post from 2013 saying you want Hendricks to get a title shot.

The buy rates prove it.
Don't even know what you're saying here.

The Diaz fight did significantly better. The Hendricks fight sold pretty poorly over all.
Who gives a fuck? Doesn't change that Hendricks should have gotten the title shot.

Did you read before replying? You literally have a post saying you want Hendricks to get a title shot.

I am one person. I am speaking about the MMA community.

I was trying to sell how much a real threat Hendricks was to GSP, and even the biggest of his career.

That was not the popular opinion before the fight.

Who gives a fuck? Doesn't change that Hendricks should have gotten the title shot.

The people who pay for fights.

Dipshit.

Nick was strikeforce champ and should’ve beaten Condit. He deserved a TS especially when GSP cleaned out the division
Ah Sherdog- where fighters look bad in wins and losses aren't really losses. Also the place where several people have laid out the template for beating undefeated fighters.

Nick's last win was against LW BJ Penn in 2011. Do we really want to pretend he is/was UFC championship material?

Ah Sherdog- where fighters look bad in wins and losses aren't really losses. Also the place where several people have laid out the template for beating undefeated fighters.

Nick's last win was against LW BJ Penn in 2011. Do we really want to pretend he is/was UFC championship material?
He was pretty much retired by 2015 and only fought once since then. He fought GSP, Andy then got a ban for 5 years. Really his only legit loss was GSP. He beat condit and Anderson popped for roids

I never understood the "Diaz bros have good boxing" mantra. They spam a shitload of 1-2 and very little else. Head movement, footwork, timing and distance control are, well, sadly in need of work. They both can throw volume for days on end without slowing down but that is a tribute to exceptional cardio.

No need to post an example of a Diaz throwing an uppercut or something equally foolish. I said "little else" not "never anything else."
It's good for mma, not good in general.

Nobody was clamoring for the Hendricks fight over the Diaz fight. There was no outrage. People got what they wanted.

The buy rates prove it.

Yeah hardcore fans criticized this fight at the time but we bitch about everything. I remember there being a lot of hype and buzz around this fight, which I found kinda silly because I never thought Nick Diaz was an elite ww. I was way more excited to see Condit fight gsp and was pissed Nick got a shot at all lol.

And funnily enough GSP shut down Diaz with boxing (mostly his jab) while that's supposed to be one of Diaz' strengths.
That was after GSP gassed, which never happened prior to his ACL injuries/surgeries. He took down and dominated Nick the first couple of rounds. But yeah, he then more than held his own on the feet. And honestly, Nick didn't look like his best self either...not the guy who threw "punches in bunches" for 25 minutes. He had the fight where he wanted (standing) and didn't do much.

That was after GSP gassed, which never happened prior to his ACL injuries/surgeries. He took down and dominated Nick the first couple of rounds. But yeah, he then more than held his own on the feet. And honestly, Nick didn't look like his best self either...not the guy who threw "punches in bunches" for 25 minutes. He had the fight where he wanted (standing) and didn't do much.
You could really tell the pressure was too much for him. It's always been pretty clear to me the guy has some sort of anxiety disorder or something going on. It was never more apparent than the lead up to the gsp fight. Couldn't get him to do any media, all his interviews and whatnot were weird and angsty. After the first round he already sounded like he'd given up when talking to his corner. I don't think he ever truly believed he could win that fight.

Reactions: mkt
Nick gets SO much hate on here it is insane.

Back