130% BW Military Press

Congrats, that is very impressive.

Im tempted to say most of the people bragging on their numbers here are counting push presses. I can military press my BW for 5 reps (I've been working towards that for a while) and there is literally only one dude in our entire gold's gym with a stronger military press than me (percentage wise). But there are a ton of people who explode into it like a push press and call it military press.

This is way more difficult a movement than people realize. I think most of the 100% BW presses would look more like a push press for most people.

Lol who the fuck are you?

I think the vast majority of the posters here, if not all, know the difference between a strict press and a push press.

Lol who the fuck are you?

I think the vast majority of the posters here, if not all, know the difference between a strict press and a push press.
I'm not saying they don't know, It's just that some people equivocate the two movements for the sake of ego boost.

TS posted a video of him killing it, and now nearly every post since has the forum saying they are over 100% in the category.

I'm not saying everyone is lying, but I'm suspecting there might be a bit of exaggeration there based on what I've seen in my experience (both in the gym, and with online forums ;)

What I'm really basing it on is how many people I see in the gym who say the press x amount and it turns out they either don't, or they are counting a push press and embellishing a bit by saying military press. People do this with many movements, the military press being one of the chief ones because it's a difficult build that most people won't stick to long enough to reach TS's level.

I meant no offense to you or your post :)

Nah. I'm just over 100. I'd get pretty close if I dieted down though.
woah -- just noticed your sig. Nick Cave has been a favorite for a ton of years. just saw him a few weeks ago, and Higgs Boson Blues was 10 minutes of awesome!!

Nice press! To be fair though those Arnold posters on the wall probably count as some sort of PED ;)

woah -- just noticed your sig. Nick Cave has been a favorite for a ton of years. just saw him a few weeks ago, and Higgs Boson Blues was 10 minutes of awesome!!

I think you're the first Sherdogger in four years who didn't think it means I'm Swiss...

Congrats, that is very impressive.

Im tempted to say most of the people bragging on their numbers here are counting push presses. I can military press my BW for 5 reps (I've been working towards that for a while) and there is literally only one dude in our entire gold's gym with a stronger military press than me (percentage wise). But there are a ton of people who explode into it like a push press and call it military press.

This is way more difficult a movement than people realize. I think most of the 100% BW presses would look more like a push press for most people.

Is it really so hard to believe people are maxing over 100% of their BW when you claim you are doing your BW for 5 reps? Lol - you must think highly of yourself.

to be a nerd, a correct military press is done with the feet together and zero leg drive.

Watched a Rippetoe video where he says the press is initiated with a hip bounce. That's fucking cheating.

Why do the legs have to be together? Is it to prevent any leg drive at all (even accidental/unconsciously)?

Just overhead pressed 260# but I'm a fat fuck so that's like 75% bw

to be a nerd, a correct military press is done with the feet together and zero leg drive.
This. I posted about it as well. The modern day military press looks like a push press for ego's sake. The majority of the gym is not military pressing 100%. I military pressed for a while but I've ended up strict pressing. Still no leg drive, but legs wide feels more comfortable

The majority of people here claiming 100% strict presses are people who have training logs and have posted here for a while. I'm inclined to believe them over some random who claims BWx5 out of the blue.

Back