135 is stacked!

I actually really like BW, Cruz and Dillashaw are two of the most interesting fighters to watch in MMA, but I still think the division as a whole has a long way to go. IMO there's currently a lot of overrated prospects and fighters in general in the division. Aljamain Sterling looks like a fish out of water on his feet. Thomas Almeida is the next Patricky Pitbull. Michael McDonald's TDD is still a major problem. Cody Garbrandt looks very promising, but the reality is a guy moving up from FlyW after losing twice to the champ there is the most exciting addition to to the division in a long time. And that's pretty sad. The division is improving, but is still very thin on truly elite talent. There's a massive drop off after the top 2.

Rivera should have his very own distinction somewhere between prospect and contender. Dark horse for sure i can see him beating any bw other than dom and tj.. I could see faber maybe winning a split. Rivera is an extremely solid talent. Only problem is due to his style i could see him losing a split dec. pretty easily.
He fights like college wrestlers wrestle. He keeps things very close and steals rounds at the end very often. Makes most of his fights seem very close even if he is much better than his opponent.

EDIT: Jimmie Rivera that is. Definitely NOT Cisco.
Well, Cisco was doing pretty dam good vs Uriah till that eye poke finish

True story,I made the same topic a while ago. It's the best division right now alongside Welterweight.

What year is it amirite?!

200px-UFC-135-new.jpg

Jones' first title defense.

Nate v. Gomi

Ferguson putting a beating on Aaron Riley.

The Hunt-Rothwell fight was hilariously bad though.
I was there, Denver probably isn't the best place for HWs to fight. I remember Travis Browne being underwhelming that night as well. Koschek knocked out Hughes, I wish Sanchez didn't pull out I felt like him vs Hughes could've been very entertaining

Well, Cisco was doing pretty dam good vs Uriah till that eye poke finish
True. hes a solid gatekeeper type but jimmie has a much much better upside. And already has a win in alcantara that tops anything i can see cisco doing any time soon. Im a fan of both riveras lol jimmie goes further in terms of rank but cisco has plenty of entertaining fights coming in his future and i love watching him compete.

Great weightclass, hope Garbrandt get's a couple more main event FN/main card PPV fights to build his brand. I think he might be the one to dethrone Cruz. To early to tell though, but he's the only one that actually moves well, his TDD is a big question mark though.

BW is one of the most exciting divisions right now. It's beyond me how anyone could slump it together with flyweight and or even light heavyweight which aside from the title picture of two to three guys are dead in the water.

Elite level champ, legit contenders everywhere and up and some of the best prospects in the sport.

Is BW stacked or what?

Champ
Dom Cruz

Contenders
Rafa
Faber
McDonald
Dodson
Lineker
Dillashaw
Caraway

Prospects
Garbrandt
Almeida
Jimmie
Sterling
Borg

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch

I would put TJ/Dom in the same tier, both top 10 p4p fighters and their fight didn't really show me who was the better fighter

Uh mw has like 8 solid fighters while we has guys like Gunni, Tumenov, Lorenz, Tarec, Dong and on in the 10-20 range.

Mw has guys like Camozzi, Hall and Leites. Gee I wonder why one is more highly thought of

WW has Lawler, Rory, Woodley, Condit, Wonderboy and who else? Hendricks? Okay.

MW has Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, Romero, Mousasi, Hall, Bisping, Machida, Brunson, Whittaker, etc...

Anyone who still believes WW is better and has more depth than MW hasn't been paying close enough attention the past 3-4 years.

How do u think mighty mouse, cruz, and all the rest of their respective divisions feel about your opinion. Im betting they strongly disagree. As do I.

They wouldn't give a shit about my opinion lol.

Finally. Dom has plenty of fights in the division. Mighty Mouse will have to move up soon...

Still missing Bibi, Dudu, Moraes, etc. They get those guys and we actually have something to talk about.

Back