155 would be so much better without Khabib.

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean the guy is a beast, but his fights are pretty boring.

Imagine having Poirier, Gaethje or Ferguson as the champions.

Imagine the wars between this Top 10 guys.
upload_2020-5-6_13-0-12.png
JBG bless.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Go watch kickboxing then. Sincerely, everyone.

I mean the guy is a beast, but his fights are pretty boring.

Imagine having Poirier, Gaethje or Ferguson as the champions.

Imagine the wars between this Top 10 guys.
View attachment 765992
JBG bless.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
I’m not typically big on wrestlers. I struggled watching fights where guys would lay and pray back in the day. That being said, watching khabib is just so interesting. I’ve never seen anything like it, and it’s a treat every time he fights.

Champ with no social media and lives by Goldberg's "Who's Next?!"

Go watch wrestling.
I like to watch strikers go at it, don't get me wrong, i just think you (and many others) should accept that Khabib's way of fighting is just as legitimate.

I like to watch strikers go at it, don't get me wrong, i just think you (and many others) should accept that Khabib's way of fighting is just as legitimate.

He didnt say its not legitimate. His fights are almost bad as jon fitch

I don't agree. Without Khabib, we would not have a mythical beast at the top of the mountain.

I’m not typically big on wrestlers. I struggled watching fights where guys would lay and pray back in the day. That being said, watching khabib is just so interesting. I’ve never seen anything like it, and it’s a treat every time he fights.

Word.

IMO, there is no one more fascinating to watch ... because what you're seeing is "pure invincibility" like no one in the division has ever done before.

Exactly, it's different every time and the way he executes his absolute domination is fascinating.

To each their own. Khabib mauls his opponents and usually makes high level fighters look like amateurs. I find it highly entertaining.

I'm always suspicious of 'fans' who don't appreciate the dominant greats in any sport or who primarily like one aspect of a sport (fighting in hockey, crashes in racing, the high-scorers in team sports while ignoring/marginalizing the contribution of the supporting cast like the great defenders, etc.)

How is it boring when he mauls his opponents?? And boring?? Have you forgotten his fight against Al Iaquinta where he won standup? And he even dropped Conor.

I'm always suspicious of 'fans' who don't appreciate the dominant greats in any sport or who primarily like one aspect of a sport (fighting in hockey, crashes in racing, the high-scorers in team sports while ignoring/marginalizing the contribution of the supporting cast like the great defenders, etc.)
They're the type of people who watch old reruns of America's funniest home videos on youtube.

Honestly maybe it hasn't been the best ever since the time mcgregor ducked tony for floyd and all this bs with khabib and tony.
But everything seems to be coming together for a blockbuster climax!!
It's perfect!

I dont even particularly enjoy watching him fight. I'm definitely more drawn to the sport for its striking, but I cant see the logic in wanting a top fighter removed from the equation.

I found GSP's latter half of his run to be pretty coma-inducing, but I dont believe that his retirement improved the division. You can argue that all of those epic Lawler fights wouldt have otherwise happened, and that may well be true, but the division as a whole doesnt improve by removing top competitors.

Some people just want to see a champion who finishes everyone with strikes, but that's wishful fantasy. Even Anderson Silva had some moments that earned boos from the crowd.

TLDR. It is what it is.

Back