16oz Beaulieu Customs Review

damn those gloves look nice , now to decide if i should go with beaulieu or cleto's for my next pair :mad:

I own both. and imo both are very different gloves. Absolutely nothing is the same about the gloves, but all and all I'd give them about the same score. I opted for bills gloves just cause of the customization and I don't regret it.

I agree with GB 100%! I enjoy both sets. My cletos have been good to me so they are still my all time favs. Although ive been saving my BB gloves for sparring only.

On a side note im thinking of getting 12oz custom winnings for bag work after my move.

i think i am about to pull the trigger on some 16 oz blue cleto's, I just can't stop myself, lol.

Think I am going to try some of Bill's gloves at the end of summer, thinking a bag glove at first though

I agree with GB 100%! I enjoy both sets. My cletos have been good to me so they are still my all time favs. Although ive been saving my BB gloves for sparring only.

On a side note im thinking of getting 12oz custom winnings for bag work after my move.

Nice i'm thinking of getting some 10 oz winnings...should be protective enough i hope...

On the other end of the spectrum...been really thinking about getting heavier gloves to train strength and possibly even push speed to that next level. At first was thinking go 16 oz...then i changed to 14...now i'm thinking hell what about 20 lol...at 135 pounds that might not be smart but for the purposes i'm thinking of maybe it makes sense (probably doesn't). I've heard the myth that heavy gloves = improved speed over time and some agree, some disagree...i just don't know...:D

I believe it does work. But u need to maintain that same punch output. Youre right tho some people say it works others do not. There is a point where weight becomes too heavy and essentially useless.

I would think 20oz at ur weight is too much to maintain proper form and work ethic.

Thanks...being in North America, I've been reading up on my UK boxing history a bit more than just mexican and north american, and i've been finding a lot of the brits believe in such heavy gloves. Joe calzaghe being one...and he was really fast for his size. Trained in the same 20oz everlasts for his whole career. Granted he was much heavier than me like you said.

Good note on form with heavy gloves...i have the work ethic though because i'm wired this way, which would be to my detriment...using heavy gloves to prove i can survive the full 3 hour workout doing it vs actually gaining anything from it and suffering in technique dearly for it. You got a good look out for me man! Maybe 14's or 16's then...whatever i get a better deal on :p

It would look pretty weird too with 20oz...my head would be invisible by how huge the gloves are!

Calzaghe had hand issues. I think it was more for protection.

I think you'd be good in either 14 or 16.

Update: Logged a TON of rounds into these gloves. The padding is remarkably soft in the glove, sparring partners are loving it. I referred them to Bill, so hopefully he gets some added business. Just going to outline things I really like about these gloves quickly after using them almost everyday for sparring. There are still 0 visible bumps on the surface of the glove, logo is not chipping or falling off, I think these gloves were a great investment!

Soft padding
easier to make fist than most gloves
triple cuff for blocking shots

Im glad im seeing nothing but good things about these gloves cause im thinking of buying a pair for my next sparring gloves.

Yeah i love mine, i know some of the guys at my gym said they will order some. So im not the only one that likes em.

Edit, they are very protective, and the padding is really really nice on my partners. I really like the long and lean profile of them.
Again, Ive said it before but the triple cuff is awesome for blocking punches.

I just placed an order from Bill again, Facesaver and some bag gloves.

Next will be some Mitts, but Im holding off on those because Im moving and Im not sure If Ill need to hold mitts.

Last edited:
I will also be ordering as soon as my finance is on par,would love a review on the face saver when you get it!!! how much are you paying for it??and is it custom?(would be awesome to get it made with the gloves color scheme):wink:

Yeah its custom, no i went with a special theme since bill is offering any color at no added cost right now. Everything is 150 + shipping for each item. I may get another set of sparring gloves i love mine so much! Im definitely becoming a gear junky

Yeah its custom, no i went with a special theme since bill is offering any color at no added cost right now. Everything is 150 + shipping for each item. I may get another set of sparring gloves i love mine so much! Im definitely becoming a gear junky

Good to hear!!!means more reviews for us :icon_twis ha ha

Yeah, right now I'm just running some ideas through bill. So far he seems excited to do it all. I'm eager to see the finished product! It will prolly be 4-6 weeks since I just asked bill to fill the order.

Next couple of months will be boots and mitts. Gonna see if bill can do wide boots. I can never seem to find any with a sense of style.

topboxer, just ordered mine. 20 oz triple cuff, some shiny leather, welted seams, my initials are silk screened on them too. can't wait.

hi elvisfan
your order has been received and we have started working on your gear already.
and let me say that you have given us a hell of difficult task...lol
the detailed level of customization you asked for is more then average and we will try our best that you get utmost and highest satisfaction out of your gloves.
thanks for doing business with us.

hi
your orders have been received and i must say that you have got great taste and knowledge of your gear ,working on your gear and will dispatch it asap its complete.
thanks for your appreciation.
you guys make us proud and help us improve our quality everyday.
thanks again. :)

hi guys
try bills gear and i personally assure you that you won,t be disappointed.
we do our best and we make best gear in the market and above all its all custom work,the level of customization that we are offering is what you won,t find anywhere else in the whole wide world.
email bill for further assistance at [email protected]

hi
your orders have been received and i must say that you have got great taste and knowledge of your gear ,working on your gear and will dispatch it asap its complete.
thanks for your appreciation.
you guys make us proud and help us improve our quality everyday.
thanks again. :)
Ha! Thanks top boxer! Ive been very impressed by Bills gear so obviously i put in a bigger order this 2nd time around! Thanks for the compliments too, im sure you guys will impress me once again. I drew up this concept, and im hoping it pans out as awesome as it does on paper! Thanks again!

Not sure how I missed this review, but it's excellent and by the look of it so are the gloves.

You've got great taste in colourways, and your cat looks identical to mine too lol.

Yeah Ive got 2 cats, a Silver/brown tabby he loves the smell of Bills Gloves and my Cletos. HE still does and I have a 6 month old "Blue/White" kitten who isn't pictured she doesn't care about gloves, only food.

But yeah the red and whites I moved to my Main sparring gloves. They replaced my Cletos finally lol. I just started using them more and more until that's all I used for sparring. I still cycle my Boxeos and Reyes in on occasion.

Back