Crime 18 female staff sacked from UKs biggest prison in the last 6 years for relationships with prisoners

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/18-female-guards-fired-having-26452735

_126607164_8023a986-7398-4147-a9c4-e4376f3ffdff.jpg

HMP Berwyn

Eighteen female guards at a single jail have been fired for hooking up with inmates at a prison in North Wales. The forbidden relationships all happened at Wrexham's HMP Berwyn, Britain’s biggest prison.

The record figures, uncovered in Freedom of Information requests, come after three of the women ended up in court over the illicit flings, the Mirror reports. The relationships took place over the past six years at the privately run jail.

Jennifer Gavan

0_LAVAN-WMJPG.jpg

was among the lovestruck guards. She accepted £150 to smuggle a phone into robber Alex Coxon’s cell and the pair were later caught swapping raunchy snaps via WhatsApp. Gavan pleaded guilty to misconduct and was sentenced to eight months behind bars.

Colleagues Emily Watson

0_Emily-Watson.jpg

and Ayshea Gunn

0_Gunn.jpg

were also locked up after having flings with prisoners. Watson had a sexual relationship with drug dealer John McGee, who was serving eight years for causing death by dangerous driving. And probation officer Gunn hooked up with armed robber Khuram Razaq and exchanged “highly sexualised” photos and videos.

Since 2019, some 31 female officers in England and Wales have been dismissed for inappropriate relationships, Ministry of Justice stats show. They include one officer who had an inmate’s baby.

Ffp9W7CWAAAuTJq.jpg

Between this and all the paedophile teachers there seems to be an endemic problem with female sex offenders exploiting people they have institutional power over in the West.

There are 16 private prisons in the UK.

I think this is what they call "Evidence of a systemic problem of gender-based abuse of power, based on power differentials between parties" or some such when it's men who are the perps. In this case, their husbands/boyfriends probably just weren't man enough to fulfill their emotional needs, and if you can't accept them at their worst you don't deserve these victims of the patriarchy at their best. Slay Queens!

Side note, I look forward to the commentary the poster "Lovestorm" has on this thread.

I think this is what they call "Evidence of a systemic problem of gender-based abuse of power, based on power differentials between parties" or some such when it's men who are the perps. In this case, their husbands/boyfriends probably just weren't man enough to fulfill their emotional needs, and if you can't accept them at their worst you don't deserve these victims of the patriarchy at their best. Slay Queens!

Side note, I look forward to the commentary the poster "Lovestorm" has on this thread.

Most women love attention. Most men (it's people in general but men are more often expected to do the running) can't sustain the initial enthusiasm of a new relationship, and the passion dies down, things become mundane, so when a new source of emotional supply comes their way giving them a lot of flattery and stoking their egos, they fall for it. And if you think of the type of woman that is drawn to be a prison officer it's no surprise they fall for the attention of the bad boys. You don't want to be a vet if you don't like animals right?

When they make the movie Emma Watson needs to play Emily Watson.

I have worked in the prison system of another european country whose system has similiarities with the british one. This does not surprise me a bit. During my career, in which I held various positions, this happened regularly. There was an unofficial saying that for 200 positions for inmates and 40-50 female staff that would be atleast one romantic incident(ranging from sex to love letters) that would come too light per year. Some of these incidents would involve more than one prisoners.

In my experience most of these women are around 30 or somewhat younger. The majority of them are in relationships. They tend to have conflicts with other staff. They are sometimes viewed as having "exaggerated empathy" towards the inmates. They range from ugly to smoking hot. A few of these women I have known personally or atleast worked together with to get some grasp of their personality. In all cases they are head cases. Some have bluntly told me they are bipolar. Others show clear signs of borderline, social phobia(yes) etc. None are normal functioning human beings that just "happens" to fall in love. This is also why I wouldn´t recommend any inmate to try to pursue staff(unless you got life I guess). The risk to be accused of rape should not be ignored. Also, if she is fucking you, she might also be fucking someone else in another wing, one of the staff, her boyfriend and her other lover on the outside. Enjoy the herpes.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/18-female-guards-fired-having-26452735

_126607164_8023a986-7398-4147-a9c4-e4376f3ffdff.jpg

HMP Berwyn

Eighteen female guards at a single jail have been fired for hooking up with inmates at a prison in North Wales. The forbidden relationships all happened at Wrexham's HMP Berwyn, Britain’s biggest prison.

The record figures, uncovered in Freedom of Information requests, come after three of the women ended up in court over the illicit flings, the Mirror reports. The relationships took place over the past six years at the privately run jail.

Jennifer Gavan

0_LAVAN-WMJPG.jpg

was among the lovestruck guards. She accepted £150 to smuggle a phone into robber Alex Coxon’s cell and the pair were later caught swapping raunchy snaps via WhatsApp. Gavan pleaded guilty to misconduct and was sentenced to eight months behind bars.

Colleagues Emily Watson

0_Emily-Watson.jpg

and Ayshea Gunn

0_Gunn.jpg

were also locked up after having flings with prisoners. Watson had a sexual relationship with drug dealer John McGee, who was serving eight years for causing death by dangerous driving. And probation officer Gunn hooked up with armed robber Khuram Razaq and exchanged “highly sexualised” photos and videos.

Since 2019, some 31 female officers in England and Wales have been dismissed for inappropriate relationships, Ministry of Justice stats show. They include one officer who had an inmate’s baby.

Ffp9W7CWAAAuTJq.jpg

Between this and all the paedophile teachers there seems to be an endemic problem with female sex offenders exploiting people they have institutional power over in the West.

There are 16 private prisons in the UK.

Stories outlining this level of stupid serve as an important daily reminder whenever I feel stunned how stupid people are in day-to-day life.

Most people are astonishingly stupid, if not in all facets in life, usually in at least a few.

They should be charged with rape as being prisoner's they can't give consent. Yes I understand the men were not forced in anyway. However just going on a technicalities it could be legally rape. They should be charged a sentenced that way.

this sounds like something an involuntary celibate person would say

I'm sure those male prisoners are scarred for life now

Back