1911's, yeah, this again.

Ash E Larry

God D@mn I love me!
@Black
Reaction score
Going to start the "looking" process for a new 1911. Want to stay in the $700 - $1,000 price range. I know some of you can help with suggesting a pistol, so please do.

Sig, Kimber, Springfield, and Colt all fall in this price range, so if you have one that you swear by please feel free to try and brainwash me.

How about this one? $564 with free shipping.

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1624&referrer=CNWR_newsletter

4cc3de490caee2226dce2003ad71b090.image.150x93.jpg

All of those are sick, so go try them out in your hands and see which you like best.

Kimber for me, but I would take any of the others.

My Springfield Mil spec is awesome. Not a single issue at probably 300 rounds in. It's more accurate than I am.

The Ruger 1911 looks pretty nice.

Loves-me-like-a-rock-1-SR911.jpg

I've heard too many negative things about Kimber, rust being one of them.

I would recommend a Springer.

I only have one 1911. It's a Dan Wesson PM7 that I just had cerakoted. I love it.

Kimber has shit quality control. Some are amazing and the I have seen others sent back to the factory time.and again that never work right. Springfield has a lot of great lines in that price range.

I've been looking at the les Baer monolith 1911s. Not very traditional but they get awesome reviews.

Ruger my understanding is making some really nice ones.

Also, Rock Island makes some really affordable ones, the shop I go to, their employees are part of a 3 Gun Team and all rock their double stack comp 1911's.

Kimber my understanding has shite quality now and have become safe queens.

I like my Springfield GI one, minus it's sights.. has the old school WWII esque ones. Bleh.

I've heard too many negative things about Kimber, rust being one of them.

I would recommend a Springer.

I only have one 1911. It's a Dan Wesson PM7 that I just had cerakoted. I love it.

Kimbers are hit or miss. They also come extremely tight from the factory. I had a warrior that choked constantly, I called limber and was told to put 500-1000 rounds through it (expensive right) so I did and around the 500 round mark it started running like a champ. After that it are every single bullet it was fed.

My friend had the sis model and had similar results but this was maybe 2008-9 and as far as I can tell it was shortly after that when they started slipping.

My dad still has my warrior and shoots the fuck out of it and carries it. He loves it and has no problems with it. I've known a few guys with cdps (I think that's the model) and had to have them sent back. There was a local guy a few years back, paraplegic guy in a wheelchair, carried a kimber, one of the sub compact ones, somebody tried to mug him and he pulled the gun and got a shot off but he gun choked. He scared the attacker away but that could have gone so much worse had the guy not run away.

I know that's just one story but there's more out there. I think there's better guns for less money, hell, look at the ruger sr1911, those are getting awesome reviews and in addition to full size and commander size they now have an alloy carry model even. I think those can be had for 650ish.

My understanding of the 1911 world is if you want something that runs like a champ without paying out the ass for a Brown, Wilson, or similar custom one you go with Springer, Rock, or Ruger... people like Sig are mentioned but those first three are the ones I always hear people talk about.

Kimber has shit quality control. Some are amazing and the I have seen others sent back to the factory time.and again that never work right. Springfield has a lot of great lines in that price range.

Came to say this ^

Sprinfield range officer is a nice 1911. I've had a number of Wilsons, still have an Akai, but for the money I've always had good luck with Sigs. Tac Ops threaded is my favorite 1911 to shoot right now.

My Dan Wesson. IMO, the Dan Wesson's are about as close as you can get to a custom built 1911 from a factory gun.

FB_IMG_1448067135223_zpstucnr6h7.jpg

20151120_130032_zpswld9zube.jpg

I'd take a look at a ruger in that price range. They seem to get great reviews.

Or you could save up a few hundred more and get a trp.

Couple hundred more will get you a Coonan 357 mag. 1911 on roids.

Can't go wrong with sig or Springfield from a quality standpoint, I've owned both. I'm not a huge fan of sigs squared off slide look, but they also have a traditional line.

In that price range though, the best bang for the buck in my opinion is the Springfield Champion Operator. Perfect size, and looks bad to the bone.

ts, are you looking for a commander or government size 1911? for your price range, i would go with a les baer. it's a hard-fitted 1911, but once it's broken in with 300 rounds or so, the les baer operates so smooth and locks up like a bank vault. the les baer is guaranteed to shoot 1.5 inches at 50 yards.

ts, are you looking for a commander or government size 1911? for your price range, i would go with a les baer. it's a hard-fitted 1911, but once it's broken in with 300 rounds or so, the les baer operates so smooth and locks up like a bank vault. the les baer is guaranteed to shoot 1.5 inches at 50 yards.

I do t think you'll get a les Baer for 700-1000 bucks. I was just looking at them the other day and they were quite a bit more expensive than that.

Sweet guns though.

I do t think you'll get a les Baer for 700-1000 bucks. I was just looking at them the other day and they were quite a bit more expensive than that.

Sweet guns though.

for a few hundred dollars more, you can get a les baer. it's well worth the extra money if you're planning to keep it for the long term. crazy john aka he who shall not be named, is the guy to go to for les baer. he's a wholesale distributor for les baer and he offers deals on les baer at cost and you pay for the shipping.

well when people say "a few hundred dollars more", I'm thinking like 200 bucks. But in this case I think it's like 1000 bucks lol.

Crazy John?

Going to start the "looking" process for a new 1911. Want to stay in the $700 - $1,000 price range. I know some of you can help with suggesting a pistol, so please do.

Sig, Kimber, Springfield, and Colt all fall in this price range, so if you have one that you swear by please feel free to try and brainwash me.

If you can stretch just a bit, I've always been very impressed with the E-series S&W 1911s.

Pretty good price here:

http://taulbeetactical.com/product....-acp-5-81-crimson-trace-grip-stainless-finish

Irrelevant, unless you have no out of state relatives. Or did they close that "loophole" too? :(
Is this the "cool uncle can "give" you a pistol not on the Cali gun list, once in your lifetime clause?"
If so then idk.

Back