2 people working as 1 person

Bravo Four

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I tried looking on the internet but I didn’t have any luck. Do you know of anyone or anything like a person having a job that they actually share with another person? Let me try to articulate.

bob has a job, and because of the sheer number of people at work, bob shares his job with a good friend named Tim. Tim will often go into work for Bob and when the paycheck comes, they each do the math and divy up the earnings.

im in a situation right now where im being offered the very same premise. And it sounds great to me. Great pay and no paperwork. I go in, and I simply work under my friends name and I get paid what he does for however long I work. I’ve known him forever and we’ve been friends since high school and have worked together on top of it. Seeing as things aren’t going to go wrong on that end, the only thing im curious about is if the company cares or finds out. Im told this is something that is tolerated and everyone is enjoying it that does it.

Thoughts? Concerns? I hope everyone has been doing good! Miss all my Mayberry friends!

I was watching a YouTube basketball conspiracy theory video yesterday that included this premise. One twin played instead of his injured twin brother in a playoff game, allegedly.

Pretty sure it's somehow illegal due to that pesky IRS.

How are health and other benefits divided? What if one of you gets fired? What if there is a problem with the quality of work? Who takes the blame? For legal reasons, I don't believe any of this would work.

How are the earnings recorded for tax and Social Security if you are in the US?

How are health and other benefits divided? What if one of you gets fired? What if there is a problem with the quality of work? Who takes the blame? For legal reasons, I don't believe any of this would work.

All great points, and now I'm curious how he answers.

As long as bob's job doesn't entail sucking the knob you should go for it, Tim.

Didnt read the whole op but I know in the auto industry one guy will clock in and cover another guy's day so they can have an extra day off then they exchange the favor...

I tried looking on the internet but I didn’t have any luck. Do you know of anyone or anything like a person having a job that they actually share with another person? Let me try to articulate.

bob has a job, and because of the sheer number of people at work, bob shares his job with a good friend named Tim. Tim will often go into work for Bob and when the paycheck comes, they each do the math and divy up the earnings.

im in a situation right now where im being offered the very same premise. And it sounds great to me. Great pay and no paperwork. I go in, and I simply work under my friends name and I get paid what he does for however long I work. I’ve known him forever and we’ve been friends since high school and have worked together on top of it. Seeing as things aren’t going to go wrong on that end, the only thing im curious about is if the company cares or finds out. Im told this is something that is tolerated and everyone is enjoying it that does it.

Thoughts? Concerns? I hope everyone has been doing good! Miss all my Mayberry friends!
I found a case where 4 people are doing the job of one person. The job was taking care of a cow

0_Im-Dating-4-Guys-And-Now-Im-Pregnant.jpg

I don't understand what the advantage would be?

You're only getting paid for the days that you work. You're not getting paid for days your friend works.

So the only advantage seems to be you get more unpaid time off.

But if that's what you want then why not just get a part time job?

Haha that’s fn awesome (the cow)

basically it’s driving a forklift. I’m retired and would only do it for something to do and mainly help my buddy score plenty of overtime.it’s 25 an hour. Benefits? I’m not entirely sure there are any.
I’m just trying to think of the extra advantages this could reap. But yeah we’d be using the same name. He says you don’t talk to anyone there, there is no need to. It’s just a massive cargo area next to a flight facility.

edit:

Ps: in the event one of us got fired, we’d both get fired. Anything bad happens it’s honestly in his name not mine. Unless I stab someone in the workplace or something insane that is theoretical and not really what this is aimed at, but yeah; essentially I’m just to clock in and do the job and remember certain principles to do the job as required, and that’s that. Interesting situation though.

Bob has already done this -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmi...b-to-china-betrayed-by-his-digital-footprint/

As it turns out, Bob had simply outsourced his own job to a Chinese consulting firm. Bob spent less that one fifth of his six-figure salary for a Chinese firm to do his job for him. Authentication was no problem, he physically FedExed his RSA token to China so that the third-party contractor could log-in under his credentials during the workday. It would appear that he was working an average 9 to 5 work day.

Also it's laughable that with the push for remote work people who are educated and working white collar jobs all seem to think they are special with skills not replaceable overseas -

Verizon notes that Bob had excellent performance reviews and was considered "the best developer in the building."

Reactions: Zer
Haha that’s fn awesome (the cow)

basically it’s driving a forklift. I’m retired and would only do it for something to do and mainly help my buddy score plenty of overtime.it’s 25 an hour. Benefits? I’m not entirely sure there are any.
I’m just trying to think of the extra advantages this could reap. But yeah we’d be using the same name. He says you don’t talk to anyone there, there is no need to. It’s just a massive cargo area next to a flight facility.

edit:

Ps: in the event one of us got fired, we’d both get fired. Anything bad happens it’s honestly in his name not mine. Unless I stab someone in the workplace or something insane that is theoretical and not really what this is aimed at, but yeah; essentially I’m just to clock in and do the job and remember certain principles to do the job as required, and that’s that. Interesting situation though.
Would be a good opportunity to smuggle drugs or something. If the cops catch on, your buddy goes down. There's no record of you ever being there.

There's job shares in the UK, it's just a division of labor based on an hourly rate, health benefits aren't usually included and holiday is worked out pro rata........

You can split it however you like.......

I thought I heard something about some celeb boxing with Ozzie Canseco appearing in lieu of Jose Canseco.

What happens if one of you really needs to stab someone at whilst at work?

I think it's a great idea if the can pull it off especially for Tim. What if Tim doesn't have the experience but get to piggy back of Bob's experience and not only does he enjoy higher pay but has a way of making extra money whenever he wants.

TS, if this is you, good job man.

I think it only works if they are a close sibling or a twin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back