20 hours before the fight Pereira already was 232 lbs... so he will be 240 lbs in the cage

Cazanciocu

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
How is that even legal?

The video that he posted when he showed his weight was 12 hours ago, which means he still had 20 hours to put weight on.

For example, California State Athletic Commission revealed jon jones fight night weight and it was 222 lbs for the second Gustaffson fight.

Last edited:
Chama

Last edited:
His head is so much bigger then Izzy and Jamahal. Makes them look like pea heads.

The answer is cause he made weight. His just good personally and genetically at making big cuts.

Why it shouldn't be legal ? If the rule is be that weight on the scale. Same rule for everyone.

Does he have any reason to not use it ?

I think Alex lobbies for the HW belt if he wins tonight.

How is that even legal?

The video that he posted when he showed his weight was 12 hours ago, which means he still had 20 hours to put weight on.

For example, Jiri who is not a small LHW is normally 214 lbs in the cage.

I highly doubt jiri is only 214lbs in the cage. Some middleweights get close to that on fight night. What's your source on that?

Aljo walks routinely walks in at 190

I think he'll be around 271 in the cage tonight

20180729issuchathingeventhepossible-small.gif

Jiri can say what he wants. I weigh 205 lbs and Jiri is not 10 lbs heavier than me. That's crock.

Alex knows how to cut weight. It's a part of the game. Either be good at it or don't be, it's very cookie cutter on how to do it.

weight cutting is here to stay. you have to accept that its part of the sport. Trying to think of an analogue but a great one isn't popping up.

If there were a QB built like a D-Lineman, with the speed of an rb and a proper QB arm, you wouldn't say that that should be illegal.

i just dont get why some people are offended like this and use terms like weight bully(well, i do know why; because someone they dont like has the belt or beat their guy, AND they dont understand that if they try to do it day of their fighters - all of them hving a champions drive - would end up hurting themselves) like... its here to stay.

Massive Jiri fan. That guy is huge he’s every bit as big as all the 6’4 - 6’5 giants at 205lb. If Jiri is 214lb Rakic will dwarf him (so would have Reyes). Nemkov was like 226lb in Cali and to me he looks smaller than big 205’ers. Same with Corey Anderson he was also up there.

Massive Jiri fan. That guy is huge he’s every bit as big as all the 6’4 - 6’5 giants at 205lb. If Jiri is 214lb Rakic will dwarf him (so would have Reyes). Nemkov was like 226lb in Cali and to me he looks smaller than big 205’ers. Same with Corey Anderson he was also up there.
Well, that's what Jiri says. Also California State Athletic Commission revealed jon jones fight night weight and it was 222.5 lbs for the second Gustaffson fight.

I don't know if I believe that lol. Hopefully he fights in california sometime so we can get the official in cage weight.
I believe him. California State Athletic Commission revealed Jon Jones fight night weight and it was 222.5 lbs for the second Gustaffson fight.

How is that even legal?

For example, Jiri who is not a small LHW is normally 214 lbs in the cage.
According to your logic he will be 300 pounds by the middle of next week.

Jiri can say what he wants. I weigh 205 lbs and Jiri is not 10 lbs heavier than me. That's crock.

Alex knows how to cut weight. It's a part of the game. Either be good at it or don't be, it's very cookie cutter on how to do it.
But you are a 5'9 midget, so don't compare yourself with a 6'3 guy like jiri.

Back