2013-2016 Conor was the greatest peak in MMA history and his resume during that period is unmatched

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before you guys go nuts I'm not saying Conor is the goat. In fact, I think he is barely top 10, if that.

But the period of 2013-2016 was the sickest run in MMA history and was undoubtedly the greatest peak of any fighter.

In that period (of which nearly a year was spent healing an ACL injury) Conor racked wins against Holloway, Dustin, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, and AlvareZ.

He beat both Feathwrweight GoATs and became first ever champ champ

He accomplished in 2 years what it takes fighters a decade to accomplish.

And that's Not even mentioning how he became the PPV king With none of his Ppvs selling less than a million since Mendes fight.

I think people won't fully acknowledge what a sick run he had until he retires and all the hate wears off.

2013-2016 Conor was truly the greatest peak in MMA history

Last edited:
Nobodies peak in MMA can ever be bigger than Conor's peak imo:

839172340.jpg.jpg

100 million right there

Last edited:
Jon Jones, as much as I dislike him, probably has had the best run of all-time, and starting when he was very young. Of course, PEDs and whatnot, but:
Vera
Matyushenko
Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Vitor
Sonnen
Gustafson x2
Glover
Cormier
OSP
Smith
Santos
Reyes

Of course, some wins are better than others, but he beat all of those guys and most convincingly.

Conor is both overrated and underrated. That run was admittedly epic, but eventually the UFC preferential matchmaking he previously enjoyed, and fighting guys his own size, couldn’t mask his flaws.

And he was never humble enough to address those flaws.

Looks great on paper but Poirier and Holloway were babies when he beat them in 2014. Of course Conor was young too but he peaked early while Dustin and Max entered their prime forms around 2016 or 17. Prime for prime I'm not sure he beats them. So his only top notch wins are Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez. Still a great run but not THAT great.

Looks great on paper but Poirier and Holloway were babies when he beat them in 2014. Of course Conor was young too but he peaked early while Dustin and Max entered their prime forms around 2016 or 17. Prime for prime I'm not sure he beats them. So his only top notch wins are Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez. Still a great run but not THAT great.

Also given that short notice Mendes was dominating him until he predictably gassed, even that win isn't impressive if we're talking all time runs.

So basically 2 great wins in a row -- Aldo and Alvarez. Really tho I don't even consider the Aldo win a great performance anymore than Cain/JDS 1 was a great performance by JDS -- more like their opponents (Aldo and Cain) got caught being lazy early. Good win, but thorough beat downs ala Jones/Shogun or even Conor/Alvarez are more impressive imo.

So Conor basically has a 1 or 2 great wins, not really in the all time conversation. Shogun 2005 GP run alone was more impressive than Mendez-Aldo-Alvarez

Last edited:
Before you guys go nuts I'm not saying Conor is the goat. In fact, I think he is barely top 10, if that.

But the period of 2013-2016 was the sickest run in MMA history and was undoubtedly the greatest peak of any fighter.

In that period (of which nearly a year was spent healing an ACL injury) Conor racked wins against Holloway, Dustin, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz, and AlvareZ.

And that's Not even mentioning how he became the PPV king With none of his Ppvs selling less than a million since Mendes fight.

I think people won't fully acknowledge what a sick run he had until he retires and all the hate wears off.

<{cruzshake}>
<codychoke>

Also given that short notice Mendes was dominating him until he predictably gassed, even that win isn't impressive if we're talking all time runs.

So basically 2 great wins in a row -- Aldo and Alvarez. Really tho I don't even consider the Aldo win a great performance anymore than Cain/JDS 1 was a great performance by JDS -- more like their opponents (Aldo and Cain) got caught being lazy early. Good win, but thorough beat downs ala Jones/Shogun or even Conor/Alvarez are more impressive imo.

So Conor basically has a 1 or 2 great wins, not really in the all time conversation. Shogun 2005 GP run alone was more impressive than Mendez-Aldo-Alvarez
Agree with every point, though I still believe Conor should get full credit for Mendes and Aldo. He did beat them fair and square, short notice or not, flukey or not. There's always gonna be little details and asterixes in every fight. But basically I agree, his record is flashy but somewhat deceiving.

The simps will sperg out but you are dead on. I get it, you are not saying he is the GOAT, just the levels that he rose to during that time will never be reached again. No UFC fighter will ever go from an empty bank account to highest paid athlete on planet earth in half a dozen years either. I think the haters get it too, but the butt hurt over Conor reaching those heights is too still deep.

The Aldo KO was just surreal - we will probably never have such an epic and storied build up again and then have it end in such a way. Conor was so huge that people started video taping themselves watching his fights and in turn those videos went viral, where as true A level athletes were modeling their celebrations after him. The whole ride from the Dublin event (which was the craziest UFC atmosphere ever) to the Madison Square Garden show was just insane. We will probably never see an MMA fighter reach that level of super stardom, fame, the full package, mystic prediction making, and perfect combination of traits (strike like Andy, talk like Chael, it factor of Brock, f it attitude of Diaz bros) probably ever again.

It was really just the perfect storm at the perfect time, still cant believe it happened the way it did. I really thought Conor would lose much earlier, never become champ-champ and would end up the pre cursor to Lando, Korean Wonderboy or Perry. Becoming a UFC champ, nm a double champ, is near impossible, nm having all the other factors in play.

He didn't beat Max the FW goat, he beat a Max who also lost to Dennis Bermudez and was 3 - 2 in the UFC. so stop with that nonsense.

Conor has 3 legit elite wins: Mendes, Aldo and Eddie (and Eddie is nowhere near the level of talent of Aldo or Mendes, but he was the champ)

There are so many more impressive runs than Conors.
He is the PPV king tho, I'll give you that one.

He has the highest peak in terms of most notoriety and iconic moments, but other fighters have had deep resumes during their runs.

E7096281-F84A-47CF-964C-91FB3659A58C.gif

His rise to the top was unparalleled. The conor hate is never ending but as fans of the sport, we were lucky to see it

I agree

When he fights lightweights, he is 3-4 after going 7-0 vs FWs

Others could have done it if they were allowed to.

Hell we see other guys getting two belts at the same time AND defending both of them.

Not that Nate Diaz is a bad fighter, but if you lost to him during your peak, it probably wasn’t the greatest peak we’ve ever seen
The thread doesn't make sense. He tapped to Nate. I would've made the thread with Conor at FW. FW Conor's run was incredible. He tore through the division. I still would've liked to see him stay at FW.

Back